10-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #89
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMason View Post
I like Monte Carlo Blue, probably more than the 3 choices. I have Le Mans Blue and am loving it. However, usually after owning a color, I like a change, and recently have a thing for nice red cars. I almost ordered mine in Crimson. How about a Henna, or Imola Red. Even Crimson??

Ooohh, mama.

Mason, stop! You had me at Crimson.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 01:30 AM   #90
Evan135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: My wife Crazy

What drives me crazy is that black and white are great at hiding body contours. One of the 1M's best qualities is the wide bodywork and side vent that white and black will mask. The medium metallic colors show body contours the best.

While the orange being offered will show the body off the best it is a little controversial. I am a huge fan of Monte Carlo blue, it is my favorite BMW color. It looks so close to Estoril blue. Just another choice like a medium blue, or even a medium grey or red would be better than orange.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #91
enigma135
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 SG/Coral 135i Convertible

I'd love the MC on the 1M, I don't expect to see it, but would be pleasantly surprised if it did become an option. My E46 was in Topaz which I loved, and when I got my 135 and decided to go with the space gray/coral as i thought in a vert it looked pretty damn sweet. If I had gotten a coupe it would of been Le Mans for sure
      10-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #92
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Not me.

Same reason I wouldn't order the White or Orange. UK weather sucks and these colours may look good in summer but to me, not so good in winter.

I would take Le Mans Blue in a heartbeat, that was what I had on my E91 M Sport and is the best colour BMW do.

Interlagos is a bit too purple for me however I do like the look of the dark blues such as Imperial blue.

Alpine's IB render was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Who would order Monte Carlo Blue?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #93
Madozu
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1M / M3 E36 3.2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan135 View Post
What drives me crazy is that black and white are great at hiding body contours. One of the 1M's best qualities is the wide bodywork and side vent that white and black will mask. The medium metallic colors show body contours the best.

While the orange being offered will show the body off the best it is a little controversial. I am a huge fan of Monte Carlo blue, it is my favorite BMW color. It looks so close to Estoril blue. Just another choice like a medium blue, or even a medium grey or red would be better than orange.
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #94
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTX View Post
Let me first say that I love this car. I love the 1, I love the idea of an 1 M, I mostly love all of the modifications that will be done to this car. I have followed the 1 series from the very beginning, when it was launched as the 120i hatch in europe. As you can see from my join date, I have been into this car for a long time and definitely will probably do whatever possible to get my mits on one of the Ms.

However, the automotive and sales/marketing professional in me is seeing a lot of silly/stupid things about the rollout of this car.

On one hand, they talk big game about this M car reaching a new younger and less afluent crowd, but then they limit the car to 2500 units? How are you going to reach new demographic segments when it is unlikely they will be able to purchase one new?

Then you have the color issue. Again, they say they are going after somewhat of a new M crowd (compared to current models), one that is passionate about driving, enthusiastic about cars (and not just technology), and emotionally driven, yet they limit our choice to three colors (not necessarily bad ones, but still)? This car needs a palet of cool, different colors. Give us Laguna Seca. Give us a true red. Give us a choice!

BMW has long been a hallmark for automotive marketing genius, but in this instance, I think they are making some poor choices....They are losing out on a LOT of potential profit by limiting the production and color choice of this model, IMO.

Sorry for the rant
no rant. excellent post.

Honestly, no blue is pretty much the deal breaker for me. Are you listening BMW? please give us another color. I'd even go with a red (Imola, Zinnerberot) if it were offered instead of blue.

I am starting to regret selling my E30 M3 last year, don't make me miss out on this car either....
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #95
Drillslinger
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M / R53 / E91

Garage List
I'm anxiously awaiting the MC Blue renders

Vorsprung durch Gas Geben!!

172 of 740
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #96
Cameraeye
Ghetto Blasta
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cement Truck

finally a good honest no rant thread!
      10-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #97
Nerf328
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini BMW

Quote:
Who would order Monte Carlo Blue?
I would. I had to stop lurking and register to respond to this one. If MC blue is available, I'm placing a pre-order.

If not, I'm not buying. Grey or blue is it more me. I really want the car, but I'm not buying a color I don't want.

I vote for MC Blue!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #98
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

I don't know how to post polls on this site but it might be time for someone to post a blue color palette poll listing the following shades of blue: monte carlo, estoril, interlagos, le mans, mytstic, montego, avus, carbon black (more so black but it does have blue chips in it).

I myself would choose LeMans>Interlagos>MC but if MC were the only option I'd probably go with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #99
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC0TT26
"Who would order Monte Carlo Blue?"

Le Mans or Monaco!

I do not believe BMW will not offer a BLUE.

There needs to be a blue offered, for the same reason there are 4 Blue's out of 12 colors offered now.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #100
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
Tell me, has there ever been a BMW that wasn't available in Silver?
Who cares? Silver is the most boring, unoriginal, awful color for a car, ever.
      10-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #101
Kurt_OH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
I disagree. Not my absolute favorite, but it's a classic German car color. I'd also guess there are as many or more varieties of gray/silver available for BMW than any color.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #102
theblackangus
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Quote:
If the 3 colors were blue, orange, and red then a silver would be nice.
But black, white, silver, and orange just isn't enough color variation IMHO.

And honestly since they are offering orange, I would hope for a blue as opposed to a red.

On a different note - Does BMW have any green colors?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #103
niuniu
NO DOGMA
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: baby bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackangus View Post
If the 3 colors were blue, orange, and red then a silver would be nice.
But black, white, silver, and orange just isn't enough color variation IMHO.

And honestly since they are offering orange, I would hope for a blue as opposed to a red.

On a different note - Does BMW have any green colors?
They have a Power green that's quite new, there are a few others too..

Dunno the name of this one
      10-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #104
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

Quote:
It may be boring because that is what you see the most. Why? Because that is what people favor the most. It is certainly not so boring that people don't want it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/06/s...lar-car-color/
      10-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #105
Evan135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: My wife Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf328 View Post
I would. I had to stop lurking and register to respond to this one. If MC blue is available, I'm placing a pre-order.

If not, I'm not buying. Grey or blue is it more me. I really want the car, but I'm not buying a color I don't want.

I vote for MC Blue!
I am going to loose $ 10k trading my Le Mans Blue 135i if I get a 1M. I do not like to do that type of thing but wanted a 1M in blue similar to my current car.

BMW, Scott26, or whomever, the only way I would be willing to do that, and not get the Aqua Blue Boxster S I am now planning on, would to be able to order a Monte Carlo or Estoril Blue 1M.

If you make it, we will come and buy them....
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #106
oldschool
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i, jcw mini

The more I think about it, the more I think offering the 1M in Monte Carlo Blue would be perfect, even from BMWs perspective. MC is an "exclusive" color, seen on the limited run of the "M3 Edition," now available for a limited period on the X5M/X6M, and coming soon on the new M5 - all of which are from the same M-gene pool where the 1M is born. Add to that the "limited" nature of the 1M and it's just a great match, a no-brainer...

Scott has already said that Valencia Orange will be seen on other M vehicles so obviously the practice of sharing the exclusive colors among the exclusive M-vehicles is one that is agreed upon.

And finally, add the fact that Scott didn't ask who would order blue but who would order Monte Carlo Blue, well, I can't help but think that there are decision makers that are really looking at this.

Crosses fingers.

...and if I'm just dreaming all this, well, it has happened before...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #107
Cameraeye
Ghetto Blasta
United_States
Rep

i hope so too cause now im only buying if i get a blue
      10-25-2010, 06:53 AM   #108
niuniu
NO DOGMA
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: baby bimmer

If they release MC as an option it might overshadow Valencia Orange which I think they might not want to do. Not that I think they should care about that sort of thing.
      10-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #109
HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Options might be limited on the 1M , but the choice will not be as limited as initially disclosed.
Scott just posted this on 10/23 on another forum. It's starting to look good for BLUE!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #110
Cameraeye
Ghetto Blasta
United_States
Rep

Sounds Good!!!