BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-11-2016, 02:22 AM   #1
rbdazzled
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Dying battery 135i automatic

HI,

So returning home today my car stalled, with no real warning signs. I pulled over, would kick over but hesitate and stall again. Then it wouldn't even click over. Sometimes the lcd dash display flickers when trying to start it. Then momentarily it seems to have enough power to turn the starter over but won't start. Im really confused. Does this sound like the battery has kicked the bucket?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2016, 12:29 AM   #2
nacaruh
FOUO
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbdazzled View Post
HI,

So returning home today my car stalled, with no real warning signs. I pulled over, would kick over but hesitate and stall again. Then it wouldn't even click over. Sometimes the lcd dash display flickers when trying to start it. Then momentarily it seems to have enough power to turn the starter over but won't start. Im really confused. Does this sound like the battery has kicked the bucket?
It sounds like a battery issue to me. Considering your car is a 2008, I'd say it's about time you replaced it. Also check your service records to see if the positive battery cable was replaced. I know there's a open campaign on that.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2016, 01:28 AM   #3
rbdazzled
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

I doubt it's been replaced. I replaced the battery today and cranking power is excellent now so probably not the positive cable? Just doesn't start now...
Appreciate 0