BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #23
buggy4cars
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328I M Sport 6MT

Just got off the phone with BMW NA and they said a few things. Firstly that there is no set time that the factory shuts down on a regular basis. The factory may shut when they're changing over model lines but they don't typically close for the month of August lets say. As far as 1 Series production there has been no information regarding the stopping of 1 Series production for the foreseeable future. He said they are usually told when production is to cease in anticipation of a new model and they have been told nothing yet re. the 2 Series so it's anticipated that there will be a 2014 "1" although he couldn't say when the 2014 1 Series numbers and configurations will be available online. I honestly don't think there's anyone below the most top level positions in NA that knows anything and I think that's by choice. Keep the people at the consumer level in the dark so they can't do anything to hurt "todays" sales. Sell everything we've got and we'll announce what's coming at the last minute even if it means not selling a particular model for months. Wonder when the last 3 Series Coupe was ordered and produced and the 4 Series is still a few months away from being delivered to the US.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
Bama335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E82 135is '13 E88 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Interesting on several fronts. Those "limited" or lifestyle editions are apparently the rarest things out there. I just saw one at my local dealer and think it's mineral white as opposed to alpine white as listed, but not sure. Only one forum member seems to have one.

http://www.pacificbmw.com/new/BMW/20...b7b35781e0.htm
Limited Edition LE is only avail in Mineral White, Sapphire Black or Space Gray - that one in the link is Mineral

They are pretty "limited", as only 21 of the 135 coupe have been built so far. I really like the Tobacco leather seats (LWNV), but not so sure I'm a fan of the white grille
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #25
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama335 View Post
Limited Edition LE is only avail in Mineral White, Sapphire Black or Space Gray - that one in the link is Mineral

They are pretty "limited", as only 21 of the 135 coupe have been built so far. I really like the Tobacco leather seats (LWNV), but not so sure I'm a fan of the white grille
Ya, it's interesting looking to say the least. Luckily the white grilles are an easy fix. Rims are interesting and I like the brown leather, but the steering wheel is just bleh. half brown, half black? plus, the m-sport steering wheel is perfection, both in looks and feel.

Wonder if that white IS with terracotta is still available up near SF that they've had since January.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #26
pendragn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 128i

ordered today

I just ordered one today...about 40 or so slots left in California, spread among dealers. I started a thread on the general discussion forum, but I got about $1200 under invoice on my 2013 128i (ordered).
Appreciate 0