BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-26-2022, 04:18 AM   #1
Josiiah
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

MHD Logging

I just got the MHD monitor license so I don’t really know what I’m looking at but will send it to MHD to look at it. I do have to say though it is interesting to see and I’m curious to learn as I’ve never seen logs of my car before. Anyway I just want to post here for record purpose.

https://datazap.me/u/josiiah/log-164...og=0&data=3-21

Mhd stage 1+

If you notice anything out of the ordinary please feel free to let me know.
Again, not asking for any help just using this as record. Thank you!
Appreciate 1
mistawall113.00
      02-27-2022, 04:46 AM   #2
mistawall
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
Looks like u got a boost leak
      02-28-2022, 04:16 PM   #3
Josiiah
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistawall View Post
Looks like u got a boost leak
Thanks MHD just told me the same. Actually that’s all they told me. I’m curious to know if there were any other parameters that were eye catching to help me track down somewhere specific. I’ll have to source a tuner here in the Bay. I’m sure SV bimmer is good but probably super busy
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 01:07 PM   #4
blackcarbon92
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiiah View Post
I just got the MHD monitor license so I don’t really know what I’m looking at but will send it to MHD to look at it. I do have to say though it is interesting to see and I’m curious to learn as I’ve never seen logs of my car before. Anyway I just want to post here for record purpose.

https://datazap.me/u/josiiah/log-1645870081?log=0&data=3-21

Mhd stage 1+

If you notice anything out of the ordinary please feel free to let me know.
Again, not asking for any help just using this as record. Thank you!
Check out this thread, has lots of great info for beginners! https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1732327
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 06:08 PM   #5
ash6r
2010 BMW E82 135i N54 6MT
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 135i

Dont mean to hijack this thread but I just did a log and wanted someone to look through. Not sure what im looking for but looks like my WGDC seem quite low. The car is on stock map with BP 97RON fuel. Traction was completely off as well but there are some throttle closures. The road wasn't perfectly straight so maybe thats why? I also replaced one of the boost solenoids. Got my second boost solenoid on the way, maybe the issue is from that?

https://datazap.me/u/ashe82/log-1646...a=2-5-10-11-15
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 02:36 AM   #6
Josiiah
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash6r View Post
Dont mean to hijack this thread but I just did a log and wanted someone to look through.
Hey Asher, this thread was just me posting logs for the books. The link above your post is very informational. I don't want this thread to turn into a help page. Speaking of which Thanks Carbon Ill definitely be diving into this
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 02:57 AM   #7
Josiiah
Enlisted Member
Rep

Today on my way to work it was raining so I assumed that why the wheels were spinning but I noticed my bov was much louder as well as the turbos. It was raining so I wasn't driving fast. On my lunch today I went for a drive. The roads were dry and the sun was out. I gave it some gas in 2nd and it was spinning even through 3rd gear. My car all of a sudden is hitting peak boost and I've never felt anything like that! First logs were how my car has been running the whole year and a half of ownership. I wake up one day and im flying? Im hitting load req. now and everything big W . One thing that I did notice is a certain other sound my bov is now making, maybe because of more boost but it sound like darth vader on top of the normal sound it makes. I can actually feel I need bigger/better tires and brakes. Again I did not do anything since the logs last week. Not looking for help just posting
New Logs:
https://datazap.me/u/josiiah/all-sud...-4-13-17-18-21

In short my car suddenly started making full boost, burbles are gone, and turbos are louder overnight without touching anything.

Last edited by Josiiah; 03-10-2022 at 12:40 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2023, 01:56 PM   #8
Sweeko
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Wow suddenly 10 boost to 17 boost. I wonder what happened.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 06:23 PM   #9
ByeByeVTEC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Was this becuase you finally fixed your boost leak?

Or no idea what happened the car just got happier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiiah View Post
Today on my way to work it was raining so I assumed that why the wheels were spinning but I noticed my bov was much louder as well as the turbos. It was raining so I wasn't driving fast. On my lunch today I went for a drive. The roads were dry and the sun was out. I gave it some gas in 2nd and it was spinning even through 3rd gear. My car all of a sudden is hitting peak boost and I've never felt anything like that! First logs were how my car has been running the whole year and a half of ownership. I wake up one day and im flying? Im hitting load req. now and everything big W . One thing that I did notice is a certain other sound my bov is now making, maybe because of more boost but it sound like darth vader on top of the normal sound it makes. I can actually feel I need bigger/better tires and brakes. Again I did not do anything since the logs last week. Not looking for help just posting
New Logs:
https://datazap.me/u/josiiah/all-sud...-4-13-17-18-21

In short my car suddenly started making full boost, burbles are gone, and turbos are louder overnight without touching anything.
Appreciate 0