BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-21-2023, 05:44 PM   #1
LiGuy
Rep
Drives: N55 135IS Convertible

Question 2DCE Fault - NO NOISE FROM ENGINE N55 2013 135

In almost all cases I've read on here with code 2DCE, users have had the clicking noise of the motor trying to actuate.

My car popped into Limp Mode, 2DCE error. I got this error at like 38k miles almost 3 years ago, and BMW replaced the eccentric shaft. Same issue now, 58K miles. Could this thing possibly be going bad again? How could this be possible?
Or, is it possible there's something else that is causing this fault?

There is no clicking motor when the car is powered (not started). Engine idles perfectly.

About a year ago, on a cool morning after a previous warm day, the car misfired and stalled, but then started right back up. Codes didn't return. I had just filled the car with gas and thought maybe moisture in the fuel.

Eccentric shaft job cost me over 4k. Car is meticulously maintained, never low on oil (Amsoil).
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 06:12 PM   #2
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Bummer. I've got 2 N55's, well maintained, lower miles, frequent oil changes with LL-01, and both had the same issue. I was about $2500 for the shaft and motor, but still, it's expensive.

It could happen again. Not sure at all what causes it. But what you're describing, and your experience, it does sound like the motor hammering away trying to get the eccentric shaft to move.
Appreciate 0