BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
gyrfalcon
Ninja
Rep
Drives: 135i

Exclamation Manuals and Documents

So... without going into an excessively long story as to why my 135i purchase was not as smooth as I would have liked, lets say that I purchased a 135i through military sales in Germany. The first time I saw the car was when it was delivered at the port in the US. Now lets say instead of a proper 1 series owners manual I received a 3 series owners manual in the car. As a bonus when I activated the US warranty on my car with BMWNA, I received a 5 series Warranty and Servicing booklet. Now, disregarding the complete lack of attention to detail by BMW, I went to a local dealership in hopes of acquiring the proper documents for my vehicle. At the dealership I was promptly informed my singular option was to purchase the only spare manual in the entirety of the US from a random dealership in New Jersey for approximately $30. I find that unacceptable.

What say 1addicts on my options/chances for actually acquiring the proper documents for my vehicle without charge?

P.S. I do have the PDF owners manual so I'm not entirely lost. However, I would prefer to have something in the car for both convenience and resale.
      10-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
jmexx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I don't really have an answer for you. I would just purchase the 30$ manual but I understand that you're fighting for the principal.

Is it possible to send me the manual? I'm waiting patiently for the car, wouldn't mind doing some reading

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
pheller
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

I'd say appeal that to the general manager at your dealer, and failing that, call BMW NA customer service.

BTW, thanks for serving!
      10-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
gyrfalcon
Ninja
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmexx View Post
I don't really have an answer for you. I would just purchase the 30$ manual but I understand that you're fighting for the principal.

Is it possible to send me the manual? I'm waiting patiently for the car, wouldn't mind doing some reading

Thanks in advance.
Links in this thread. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4301
They are US though so I'm not sure if anything is different for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheller View Post
I'd say appeal that to the general manager at your dealer, and failing that, call BMW NA customer service.

BTW, thanks for serving!
You are most welcome. Unfortunately, the local dealership for me is 2hrs+ away and I doubt they are going to go out of their way to help me since I did not purchase through them and it is unlikely I will use them for service before I move again.
      10-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
jmexx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

That's very unfortunate Call up BMW NA...

Thanks for the link!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #6
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

Heck, I'm in the position of having a "Year One of the One" 1er through the Military Sales program in Germany and it doesn't look like I'll be getting my commemorative book. I'm going to nag my CA one more time but I'm not optimistic.

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
morgie2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i convertible

Actually, go through BMWNA. Forget the dealerships. Send a priority email through the owners section of bmwusa.com.
Appreciate 0