BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
gizmo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Sedona Haters Support Group

Just thought I'd make a convenient place for you all to express your displeasure of the orange/red/brown/pink color called Sedona Red.

*and this prevents me from stumbling upon your rants and raves.
      05-23-2008, 01:14 AM   #2
scs
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
Just thought I'd make a convenient place for you all to express your displeasure of the orange/red/brown/pink color called Sedona Red.

*and this prevents me from stumbling upon your rants and raves.
i'll start...

oh wait that's the color of my car...never mind:biggrin:
      05-23-2008, 05:33 AM   #3
MMMMM3
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black e90 M3 DCT

Looks like this thread may attract Sedona lovers in defence of their favourite colour.

Hi my name is MMMMM3 and I'm a Sedona lover. I've never actually seen a Sedona red car in person. But I think it's the best 1 series colour there is. I think the colour is orange/brown. It changes according to the lighting at the time. It reminds me of an orange Lamborghini. This is my first Sedona lovers anonymous meeting so I'll let someone else have a say now.

I wish the 1 came in Vermilionrot metallic...

Enjoy the video - in Sedona red of course, only 21 seconds long:

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 06:34 AM   #4
RayI
Too Torquey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedona 135i

Sedona Lover

I also love my sedona red 135. I will never lose it in a parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
It reminds me of an orange Lamborghini.

Oh God, please no. I did see one of those and it was wrong, wrong, wrong. Sedona's not bad. I would have preffered it in a slightly darker shade though.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
sunking420
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 SGM 135i

I got the SGM and think if you want red, Sedona is a pretty interesting color. The more I see it, the better it looks. I've had red vehicles before, and I think this is unique. No it's not Ferrari Red, but it's also $200k cheaper. I'd take the Sedona.........
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
WhiteOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

I drove through Sedona Arizona one time. I found the color to look very good on rocks.(wink)
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
SnakeDoc?
Gold Member
Rep
Drives:

In the morning sun it's a glimmering orange, looking clean even though I know the car's pretty dirty.

I come home from work and it's a flashy rusty red, turning plenty of heads. I go inside, have a shower and dinner while the sun starts setting.

When I jump in the car to go out in the evening, it's a warm, deep red-brown that almost disappears into the dusk.

I don't know any other colours that can change like that.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoc? View Post

In the morning sun it's a glimmering orange, looking clean even though I know the car's pretty dirty.

I come home from work and it's a flashy rusty red, turning plenty of heads. I go inside, have a shower and dinner while the sun starts setting.

When I jump in the car to go out in the evening, it's a warm, deep red-brown that almost disappears into the dusk.

I don't know any other colours that can change like that.
Picures of all occasions please!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #10
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayI View Post
I will never lose it in a parking lot.
No one would steal an orange car...

Sorry, had to.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #11
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM3 View Post
Looks like this thread may attract Sedona lovers in defence of their favourite colour.

Hi my name is MMMMM3 and I'm a Sedona lover. I've never actually seen a Sedona red car in person. .......
What we have here is a ticking timebomb.

MMMMM3, you have absolutely NO IDEA what Sedona red really looks like, yet you love the way it looks. I am baffled by your statement.

It is already a given that this particular color can almost never be accurately photographed. In fact, almost every video and pic of Sedona Red is not truly representative of the color... sometimes not even close. The color is way to complex to photograph correctly.

So... how do you know you will love it the way it looks if you have no idea what it really looks like? :iono:

Now, my question aside, I sincerely hope that you love the Sedona Red when you get it. And you very well might. I honestly believe that everyone should be thrilled with their car, regardless of anyone else's opinions.

But, my question remains.....
      05-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #12
MMMMM3
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagMan View Post
What we have here is a ticking timebomb.

MMMMM3, you have absolutely NO IDEA what Sedona red really looks like, yet you love the way it looks. I am baffled by your statement.

It is already a given that this particular color can almost never be accurately photographed. In fact, almost every video and pic of Sedona Red is not truly representative of the color... sometimes not even close. The color is way to complex to photograph correctly.

So... how do you know you will love it the way it looks if you have no idea what it really looks like? :iono:

Now, my question aside, I sincerely hope that you love the Sedona Red when you get it. And you very well might. I honestly believe that everyone should be thrilled with their car, regardless of anyone else's opinions.

But, my question remains.....
Did I mention I want the lemon int with accented alum. interior as well?

I've only ever owned conservative colours so far. White, Black, Blue, Blue. With conservative interiors: Grey, Black, Black, Black (well the tartan cloth in the GTI doesn't really count).

I don't like the Crimson red at all - too flat - no depth to it. I'm partial to the orange tinge that Sedona has. It's different.

Then again, I might see one in real life and hate it. Don't get me wrong. I've seen some photos of Sedona that I didn't like. Especially on cloudy days. All photos taken in direct sunlight I've loved.

PS.

Check out:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #13
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM3 View Post
Did I mention I want the lemon int with accented alum. interior as well?

I've only ever owned conservative colours so far. White, Black, Blue, Blue. With conservative interiors: Grey, Black, Black, Black (well the tartan cloth in the GTI doesn't really count).

I don't like the Crimson red at all - too flat - no depth to it. I'm partial to the orange tinge that Sedona has. It's different.

Then again, I might see one in real life and hate it. Don't get me wrong. I've seen some photos of Sedona that I didn't like. Especially on cloudy days. All photos taken in direct sunlight I've loved.

PS.

Check out:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823
MMMMM3,
You are a good guy, and I really hope you like it. If it looked like ANY of those pics, I'd actually have purchased it also. As it was my original order... that's the kind of color I originally wanted... and I'd have happily heard all the criticism in the world from everyone about Sedona Red, and I'd still have loved it.

I've seen it inside and outside, and in the shade and in the bright sun, and in the morning and in the evening. It doesn't look ANYTHING like those pics in the sun. Sorry, but it doesn't. I think possibly it's got some sort of brown in the pigment that prevents it from actually looking lilke those pics. It looks like a shade of clay that has been dug up from the earth. It is darker and duller than every pic suggests! Not as bright! Not as metallic!

It is impossible to describe... and again, I hope so much that you truly like it when it comes! Truth is, you will never know what Sedona Red actually looks like until you go to your dealer and see it for the first time. At that first moment of truth, you will either like it, or not like it. If you like it, you're good to go!! And, if you do not like it... I would imagine that you do not have to take it... or do you?
      05-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #14
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I think it has just suffered from media overexposure by BMW. None of the exterior colors offered in North America are awful (although that Tahiti Green they offer in other markets comes pretty close...)

People will just get what they like hopefully.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:04 AM   #15
MMMMM3
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagMan View Post
MMMMM3,
You are a good guy, and I really hope you like it. If it looked like ANY of those pics, I'd actually have purchased it also. As it was my original order... that's the kind of color I originally wanted... and I'd have happily heard all the criticism in the world from everyone about Sedona Red, and I'd still have loved it.

I've seen it inside and outside, and in the shade and in the bright sun, and in the morning and in the evening. It doesn't look ANYTHING like those pics in the sun. Sorry, but it doesn't. I think possibly it's got some sort of brown in the pigment that prevents it from actually looking lilke those pics. It looks like a shade of clay that has been dug up from the earth. It is darker and duller than every pic suggests! Not as bright! Not as metallic!

It is impossible to describe... and again, I hope so much that you truly like it when it comes! Truth is, you will never know what Sedona Red actually looks like until you go to your dealer and see it for the first time. At that first moment of truth, you will either like it, or not like it. If you like it, you're good to go!! And, if you do not like it... I would imagine that you do not have to take it... or do you?
Tagman,

I might have misled you inadvertently at some point. As I haven't ordered one yet.

A lot of people that have seen it in real life comment on the orange tinge, others only see brown. Might be different colour percetption by different people:

"Inability to distinguish differences between some colors that other people can. Usually of genetic nature, but might also occur because of eye or nerves damage or due to use of some chemical substances.

There are many types of partial color-blindness, the most frequent being red-green. Other forms of color blindness are much much rarer, like blue-yellow, and the rarest being complete color blindess, where one can see only shades of grey.

Genetic color blindness affects men much more often than women. Exact numbers vary in various populations. (Amongst Americans, approximately 10% of males suffer from some for of color perception deficiency."
Reference: http://nostalgia.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness

I'm probably suffering from a colour perception deficiency!:biggrin:

Cheers,
MMMMM3.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:27 AM   #16
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

i like it. but i agree with ptak, would look GREAT if it was a bit darker and a pearl, great. but then again i'm red green color blind...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #17
PPower
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1998 M3 sedan

Garage List
To me, it looks like they tried to "copy" Mazda's Copper Red which is a gorgeous color. I think it is a color hard to get just perfect, but I do love Mazda's version. Sedona Red, however, um....well, I'm glad for those of you have bought it and love it. Ultimately, it's still a 1 series, so even if you feel stuck with the color, you'll love so many other things about the car that you'll forget about the color. Besides, it's not phoenix gold or laguna smurf blue.

I'd like to see it with terra interior and gold wheels. Even phoenix gold & lsb can be enhanced with some good wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 03:45 PM   #18
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Sedona = Tomato soup. That's the best comparison I've seen yet. Don't get me wrong I like tomato soup, especially with a nice grilled cheese, but not as a color for my car,

Dan
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #19
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

^ hahaha. who doesnt like tomato soup & crackers.
Appreciate 0