BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-13-2023, 10:19 AM   #1
Zach477
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i, 2014 335xi, 2021 X7

comfort access troubleshooting

My 2010 135 has comfort access that hasn't worked since I purchased the vehicle. Earlier this week I started to troubleshoot it and found a blown fuse which I replaced. After replacing the fuse I am able to start the car without the fob in the dash but the lock/unlock feature still doesn't work. My scan tool shows 2 codes (0001A097: no description/0001A0A7: no description) related to comfort access. I can't find any info on those codes and after erasing them the lock/unlock still doesn't work. Tech is not my forte, I have replaced the battery in my fob, car has a brand new AGM battery (which still needs to be properly programed to car) and replaced the broken fuse but not sure where to go next. We have a luxury auto mall in my city that sells BMW, MB, and Cadillac but their service department has pissed me off a number of times with our X7 due to their incompetence that we now drive to Minneapolis 4 hours away to get our service done so taking it to them is the last thing I want to do. I'm going to purchase Carly this evening since to date my $75 code reader has been able to fix everything I have needed it to, I don't know if that will have any programming feature in it that might help or not. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks

Last edited by Zach477; 07-14-2023 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 0