BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-23-2023, 05:30 AM   #1
gilbz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e87 130i

Multiple codes... Any ideas?

I've bought myself a well used pre lci e87 130i as a bit of a project which comes with the n52. It's got 165k miles and has been used as a track car for most of it's recent life. I'm going to try and resurrect it but if it's too far gone then I'm just going to part it out.

I do want to try and get it working well though... it's got some electrical issues and would appreciate any help anyone could give!

Both xenon headlight directional functions are coming up with an error on the dash. It seems unlikely that both of these would go which makes me think there's something else going on.
The CIC flips open but the screen doesn't come on
The key can be used to start the car but doesn't unlock or lock it at all... nothing happens when pressing the button. I'll solder in a new battery to see if that helps.

I'm getting the following codes when scanning with ISTA:

2D0F "Air-mass sensor, signal" my guess is that I've got a vacuum leak somewhere some I'm going to replace the ccv system. I've already replaced the MAF which did actually fix the rough idle.

932C FRM: ALC system faulty
9CB4 FRM: Ride height sensor, rear, faulty
9CBD FRM: Communication with step motor controller on the left disrupted
9CBE FRM: Communication with step motor controller on the right disrupted
A6CF JBE: AUC sensor
FFF3 MOSTSYS: MOST systems analysis: 1 fault found
S0067 No communication possible with: Audio system controller
S0098 No communication possible with: Electronic fuel pump control module
S0119 No communication possible with: Instrument panel
S0374 No communication possible with: Aerial tuner
S0375 No communication possible with: Headunit

Now.... while I can start to look into all of these individually, I've been suggested it might actually be something like the FRM having issues which could be affecting multiple things.

Before I start my investigations, are there any wizards on here that have dealt with anything similar?
Appreciate 0