BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-03-2017, 08:14 AM   #1
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 M-Sport 28i

Project Space Oddity

I'm going to jump on bandwagon. This will be long. I want to use this post as a logbook for the car; so the more details the better.

Backstory: I've been around the BMW community for a long time. Started in the E30 community and branched out further. Roughly around May of 2016 I started looking to get back into track days or AutoX; and Kyle's car was the "look a BMW can be competitive". I told myself that I didn't want to get back into track days or racing due to the "what's the point?" mentality.

Disclaimer: I did not like AutoX at all when growing up. I used to do tons of Porsche, BMW, and other clubs AutoX events and absolutely hated it. I was much better at driving on track and pushing than I was at AutoX.

Search: Started to look at various boards and craiglist ads (across the state). I found Terry's (some of you know him) 128i in VA on craiglist. Was very close but just wrong timing. Like most (some?) of you, the M-Sport that I found were nice but had too many features; sunroof, electric seats, and automatics.

So Close: Around Jan/Feb 17, I found a Space Gray M-Sport 128i unicorn (they are all unicorns). No sunroof. No options. Automatic (really 6spd). It was at a BMW dealership on the east coast of FL but during this time; all BMW dealerships were going through the no-sale on cars with a takata airbag recall. I asked if the car was still there and they stated it was sent off to auction.

It was meant to be?: May 2017, over the course of May, I was emailing a dealership about a Space Gray M-Sport 128i; which I later found out was the same one I stated above. The car had jumped from BMW dealership, to a sister Mazda dealership, to another sister Jag/LandRover dealership. Took an Uber to the opposite coast (first time using an Uber).

Details of Car: Space Gray, 128i. Prod date: 4/17/10. M-Sport. 6SPD. Leather manual seats. No Xenons. No Sunroof. Unicorn. 96,280 miles. 2 Owner car / CPO. The car (obviously) was over polished by the dealership but inspecting the car; it was absolutely clean. Yes, minor wear on the touch points but nothing else to report. After getting the car home and inspecting on the lift, I was asked if this car was ever driven. No leaks. Nothing major to report.

Driving home:

The Plan: The goal was clear from when I started looking. I was going to be committed to this AutoX goal. Building the car to STX spec (as you've seen with other build) will be a long road.

Build Details: Will keep this updated.
Active Autowerke Tune
Active Autowerke Headers
JRZ RS2 (Thanks again to chris82)
Vorshlag Camber Plates
1M Stut Bar
E93 M3 Front Sway Bar
7" SWIFT 60mm 398LBS
9" SWIFT 60mm 784LBS
AKG Swaybar Adjustable Links Front and Rear
AKG Transmission Mounts
AKG Rear Shock Mounts
OEM 135i Front Brakes (Thanks again to spxxx )
Front SS lines
17x9 Kosei with 255/40/17 RE71s. 10mm spacer up front. None in rear.
No body modifications.
VAC Floor Mounts
Sparco Grid II Seats
Steel Side Mounts
J. Vitamvas Offset Bushings

Setup:
The car still hasn't had a professional alignment but so far 1/18th toe out and zero toe in the rear. Roughly -3 degree camber in front and -2.3ish degree camber in the rear. No idea on what power it's making and no idea on weight. 255/40/17 RE71s on 17x9 Kosei K8R wheels. 10mm spacer up front.

2017 Event Results:

July 1st Fast Brooksville M2, which is CS/DS/FS cars (16 cars in M2, placed 7th)
July 22/23rd SCCA Brooksville STX (10 cars in X, placed 6th out of 10) Pax'd 11 out of 44
Aug 5th SCCA Daytona STX X (6 cars in X, placed 3rd out of 6) Paxed 16 out of 74
Aug 27th SCCA Brooksville STX X (10 cars in X, placed 5th) Pax'd 11 out of 42
Oct 14th SCCA Brooksville STX X (5 cars in X, placed 2nd) Pax'd 2nd out of 53
Nov 16th, Track day at The Firm
Dec 2nd FAST Brooksville M2, which is CS/DS/FS cars (2 cars in M2, placed 1st) Pax'd 2nd out of 27)
Dec 30th FAST Brooksville M2. Four cars in M2. Pax'd 5th out of 44, 4th fastest raw time, 1st in class.

2018 Event Results:

Jan 13th FAST Brooksville M2. Nine cars in class. Pax'd 4th out of 98, 5th fastest raw time out of 98, 1st in class.
Feb 8th GCAC Ft. Myers PROSTX. 6th pax'd out of 90. 5th out of 13 in PRO class.
Feb 18th SCCA Dixie SGMP. 6th out of 16 PRO class.
March 3rd-4th SCCA Match Tour Ft Myers. 1st in STX out of 5. 2nd in top dog challenge.
March 17th-18th SCCA Champ Tour SGMP. 7th in STX out of 19. 125 pax out of 280.
April 8th GCAC Ft. Myers PROSTX. 4th out of 13th in PRO. 5th out of 73 pax.
June 30th FAST AutoX Brooksville. 6th out of 12 M2 class. 54 out of 93 pax.
Nov 25th, SCCA Brooksville X. 1st out of 5. 10 out of 45 pax.

2019 Event Results:
Jan 6th, GCAC Ft. Myers PROSTX. 8 out of 14. 9 out of 85 pax. http://www.gulfcoastautocrossers.com...event1_fin.htm

2020 Event Results:
Jan 5th, GCAC Ft. Myers PROSTX. 9th in PRO with GCAC out of 19. 11th in PAX out of 92. http://www.gulfcoastautocrossers.com...event1_fin.htm

Maintenance:
~96k Miles: New fluids (transmissions, diff, oil, coolant, p/s). P/S reservoir. All 6 plugs. Cabin filter.
~98k Miles: All four new speed sensors.
~100k Miles: Serpentine belt, idler and tensioner pulley changed. New wiper blades.
~102k Miles: DTML Pump and Crankshaft Sensor

Step 1: First thing done was change all the fluids out. New P/S reservoir as well. Cabin and air filters done. Fitted 255/40/17 Falken 615s on Kosei K1s. Before any suspension work was done; I wanted to get a baseline for the car. Everyone (and I mean everyone) stated the car understeers badly. I did not notice this (and this was with stock M-Sport suspension and strut pin removed).

The goal was to get a true baseline. Yes; the tires were NOT competitive compared to what was out there; but they were cheap and wanted to see where the car's faults are.

Events that happened during this time: July 1st FAST event. This was really the first time I've been to an AutoX in a long time (5+ years) and the times really showed it: 43.686+1, 43.128+DNF, 46.722+DNF, 43.807. Even though it's months ago, the event was very important to me and the car. I wanted to make sure I was mentally ready. I also wanted to see how the car did and like I stated above, it was much more capable than the driver. The car ran great, especially being shared by two drivers.

Setup at the time: Stock suspension. Active Autowerke tune and headers. 17x8.5 Kosei K1 with 255/40/17 Falken 615s (Gen 1). No idea on alignment; didn't care at the time.

Afterwards however was another story.

Turns out the problem was very simple. The right front speed sensor went bye bye. Replaced just the right front and moved onto the next event.

Last edited by mabrahams; 01-06-2020 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
redrumm3417.00
      12-03-2017, 12:19 PM   #2
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

Step 2: After various PMs to a couple of the 1Addicts members; I decided to take a plunge in the suspension. I was leaning on leaving the car and just go into DStock but from everything I read, the car would not be competitive there and really the goal was build it for STX. This is where people have opinions, so I'll just say this. I was looked at all the options out there and I found a set of JRZ RS2 for sale by chris82. These were used but "brand new" (recently rebuilt) and I took a risk. This has been the best reward so far; because I was really tired of just getting a set of shocks and move forward. These shocks are amazing. Next was pick a set of spring rates. I spoke with Harold and even TC about setup. Both recommended a bit softer rate; decided to take another risk with the 398lbs front and 784lbs rear. I compared a couple posts on here and decided to go with it. Will this set up work with EVERYONE no. Does it work for me, so far yes. Went with Vorshlag front camber plates and 1M strut bar since the stock strut bar blocks the rebound knob. Installed AKG rear shock bushings as well.

Events that happened during this time:

July 22/23rd SCCA Brooksville STX (10 cars in X, placed 6th out of 10) Paxed 11 out of 44

Setup: Still on Falken 615 255/40/17 on Kosei 17x8.5 K1s.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #3
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

More seat time: From there, more seat time was needed. Still wanted to focus more on the driver's weakness and some on the cars. Setup did not change for this event and still on the Falkens. Overall it was a two day event, Sat was TestNTune and Sun was event day. Again the car had a lot of runs for the weekend and the only thing that went wrong was the speed sensor going out on the left side, luckily I purchased all three (the first was already replaced). The whole weekend the car was flawless.

Aug 5/6 SCCA Daytona STX X (6 cars in X, placed 3rd out of 6) Paxed 16 out of 74.

Last edited by mabrahams; 11-20-2019 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #4
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

Step 3 Even the playing field. From the very beginning, the tires were limiting the car by 1s+ and that was fine. Overall the times the car was producing was within striking distance of some of the locals that compete at the national level. At the time of purchase, I couldn't find any Rival S's so Tire Rack was having a sale on their RE71s. Knowing that 255s fit (and yes, some do size differently than others); I went with the same size but this time I wanted to go as wide as I can. As most people know, the E82 has wacky offsets needed. After researcher a bit further and not going with a custom wheel offset; Kosei K8R 17x9 was a good solution. Light. Cheap. Best offset?, no but works? Yes. The biggest concern was obviously going a half inch wider all around. The internet is full of discussions (and some are on point). This setup fits with a 10mm spacer up front (effective 35mm offset) and none in the rear. This DOES NOT rub anywhere (other than a HUGE dip, filled with four tires, tools, etc). Is my ride height perfected for max performance, no. Does it work for me, yes.

Aug 27 SCCA Brooksville STX X (10 cars in X, placed 5th) Paxed 11 out of 42

What the hell man?

I'll be honest here, I was SUPER disappointed because I now had no exuses. The car was awesome but I don't know what had happened. 43.187+off, 44.200+off, 42.008+1, 41.735, 41.851 were the times I ran. TTB in X Class was 40.466. I think I really thought that the tires would magically put the car in 1/2 no problem.. I was wrong. But like most things, learn and move on.

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 01:31 PM   #5
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

Step 4 I did learn something from the past event and it was straight and simple. I needed two things. More seat time and a bit more brakes. Again comes in the research and the board searching. Should I go with larger rotors with 330i caliper mounts and upgrade pads? Should I just get after market pads? (The whole time, I was running on whatever the previous owner installed, no clue what brand.) Like most AutoXers, we need less weight at all costs.. I wasn't ready to pull that trigger yet but decided to go with 135i front caliper/OEM rotor/SS lines. Many thanks to spxxx. Yes I understand the piston bushings can fail and will look into it; but right now they are awesome.

Oct 14th SCCA Brooksville STX X (5 cars in X, placed 2nd) Paxed 2nd out of 53 (brakes installed)

Whoa I was super super happy with this result and I don't think it was because of just the brakes. I am getting more comfortable with the car and even more so with using a new technique while walking the course. 48.081 48.791+2, 49.103+off, 48.796, 48.476+1 were the times. TTB was beaten 51.761+4, 50.750+1, 49.700, 49.415+3, 49.746+2 however since X runs on Pax the car in first place was in GS. 39.412 vs my 39.522 (+0.110).

Updates to the car: Oil change, flipped the RE71s (had about 60 runs on them), serpentine belt, idler and tensioner pulley changed. New wiper blades.

Nov 16th, Track day at Firm

Forgot I was going to do another AutoX event but forgot to sign up. So decided to head to The Firm. Got there and only 6 of us signed up. Full track time from 9-12 and then 1-5. However, that morning I was not feeling well at all and instead of cancelling; decided to head out still. With my trustworthy Falken's off I went to a track day. Nothing crazy to report other than an wee moment captured in the video below. The car the whole time ran awesome. No brake fade. No mechanicals. Nothing.

Dec 2nd Fast Brooksville M2 (2 cars in M2, placed 1st) Paxed 2nd out of 27. 3rd fastest raw time overall.

Yeah... I was uber happy with last event that happened yesterday. At the beginning, I was running blind pressures because I ran over my gauge by accident . Times: 48.801, 48.261, 48.344, 48.611+3
48.071+1, 48.224, 47.384, 47.593

Had a good amount of runs and in this case; I was too timid in the beginning. The car had a slight push (in one section) coming back and it was totally my fault.

The car still hasn't had a professional alignment but so far 1/18th toe out and zero toe in the rear. Roughly -3 degree camber in front and -2.3ish degree camber in the rear. No idea on what power it's making and no idea on weight.

[More to follow...]
Appreciate 2
      12-03-2017, 01:41 PM   #6
bionicbelly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z3 coupe, 128i

Looks like a good line. If you are going to be really serious, look into ego schools. Or any schools. All of the guys in my home region that were having trouble getting over a hump have had really good luck with that. I have never been, but while I try to not ever miss a local event, I focus more on TT now.
I have seen it happen several times now, where guys were just out of the top ten, and really wanted to move up. They go do some schools and the next thing you know, top pax times, or right up there. Auto cross is hard.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 01:55 PM   #7
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

I think you meant EVO schools. I've heard good things as well; just focused on seat time right now. I've also been listening Autocross Talk podcasts which also has been helpful.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #8
bionicbelly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z3 coupe, 128i

Yeah, EVO school. Sorry. I was talking to our regional pax champion earlier this year, and he said that he got like 90 or so runs at the last evo school. Serious seat time. I put new RE-71's on his car right before he went, and had to flip them when he got back. He was already a really good driver, for sure, but after that he was consistently 1 or 2 every event.

I keep track of points for our region, we actually had a really cool year. PAX championship was a tie between our top DS and HS drivers. Dead tie.

Another thing you might think about if your region doesn't do it, is a test and tune. We set up a couple every year, usually at the beginning of the year, and one close to nationals, we cap the attendance to like 20 people, and we just run all day. Again, serious seat time.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #9
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Awesome to hear that you're up and running!!
      01-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #10
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

On a diet:

The car needed to go on a small diet. I had ordered two Sparco Grid II seats; I wasn't lucky enough to try them out first before ordered but I am very happy with the setup. They provide an open shoulder fitment and elbows do not rub against the seat. However since I was in a bit of a rush to get them in before the event before, I only spent a bit of time measuring from seat to pedals. Stock manual seats weigh in at 57.8lbs each. Grid IIs weigh in at 18.4lbs each. Due to STX class rules; seats have to weigh a min. of 25lbs which with steel side mounts and VAC floormounts; all good there. Going to move the drivers side seat up a bit more (1-2 inches). Again many thanks to BimmerGeeks for coding.

Dec 30th, 2017 FAST AutoX M2. Four cars in M2. Fastest raw time was: 27.858 by an B-Street S2K on RE71s. We were all in the first run group which was the coldest during the day. Three run groups total. Car did not have any traction the first three runs. 30.781+1, 29.889, 28.932, 28.701,
28.299, 28.316, 27.861+1, 28.020. Very happy with that but I really wanted that 27.861 to be clean if I'm honest. Pax'd 5th overall out of 44 and 4th fastest raw time, 1st in class. Really happy to end the year this way and very excited for next year.

What's next?:

March is going to be a busy month. PRO Solo Tour, Match Tour and Champ Tour. Prior to that, I need more seat time so hopefully I'll be able to go to the event locations prior just to see the venue and get advice.

Last edited by mabrahams; 11-20-2019 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
Matticus913469.50
519.E82243.00
      01-14-2018, 04:27 PM   #11
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

So onto 2018. The plan is simple, stick to getting more seat time. Right now my co-driver is taken a break which is a shame so on my own for now. There was one change I did make which was move the seat about 2 inches closer. When I installed them; I noticed that I wasn't in the preferred position but I didn't have enough time from when I got them installed to when the event was so.. excuses.

On to FAST's Jan 13th, 2018 event.

I was super excited how this turned out. First and foremost; I packed the car and prepared myself that this event will be more like a "normal" autocross. We had 4 runs and I had to get it right. I have to make sure I don't get used to having 8 runs because that isn't normal. I also need to improve on getting a good time right off the bat, versus warming up to it. So going in, I stated to myself that I need to be more aggressive.

Course map here: http://drivefast.org/wp/Maps/Brooksville_2018_01_13.pdf

I ran in the morning and it was super chilly. 52 degrees and none of us had any heat the whole time. Since I ran in the morning; the event ends at 12:30pm and then the afternoon comes in and runs the same event. You don't know the final results until the end of the day (if you are in the morning group and leave).

Results: First in class (M2). Pax'd 4th out of 98 and 5th raw time out of 98.
Times: 40.681, 39.879, 39.063, 38.650+1.

I was super happy with the 39.063 because I saw a couple of the faster guys getting in the 39.3 to 39.8; after I ran my 39.879.

I was UBER happy with that 38.650 even though it was dirty (I didn't see where but I thought I had a clean run).

I am deff. paying more attention when I replay these videos just how close I am to the cones. I am also trying to see how I can improve with my steering input. It looks like I am doing a lot with the wheel, just don't know if I am doing too much.

Appreciate 1
BimmerAg425.00
      01-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #12
lowside67
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Glad to see more of these great cars being prepped!

I would highly suggest the offset bushings in the front - the difference between -3 degrees without and -3.5 with made a massive difference on my car.

Cheers,
Mark
      01-16-2018, 03:01 PM   #13
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

Mark,

Yes I have them waiting to be installed. Will get this done before March events....
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #14
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

Time for some updates since I've been a bit quiet on here..

A time for firsts

2/4/18 Gulf Coast Autocrossers event: First time at Ft. Myers; and I was very happy I came out. GCAC does a great job at putting on 'nat' style events; very very fast course.

Pax'd 6th out of 90 cars. 5th out of 13 in PRO class. http://www.gulfcoastautocrossers.com...vent2_fin2.htm

Pretty happy overall. This was the first event with new tires and really first event that I've been to with really high speed transitions. Overall the car was great but still off the PAX pace.

2/18/18 Dixie SCCA AutoX: First time here as well and with the different surface (asphalt); I was told it runs close to concrete. Overall grip was fine and the car was great overall as well. No complaints other than the 3 hour drive up.

6th out of 16 in PRO class. Pretty happy with the results as well. This was to get some testing in early for the Champ Tour later this month.

3/2-3/4 Match Tour: This was also the first time at national event and overall very excited. I knew that I had some good competition in PAX and knew that the event was going to be good. SAT consisted of three runs in the morning and three runs in the afternoon. The car was very good overall and got better through-out the day. I however was completed toasted by the end of the day; with 6 runs, lots of sun; and forgetting sunscreen; I was done by the end of the event.

Sunday was something I had NO clue on how it was working; everyone told me different ways the event would run. So here it goes. Three runs for everyone; your fastest run would be your dial in time. That time would be used for the challenge round (Top Dog - Fastest 16 Pax, Underdog - Next 16 fastest pax, Lucky Dog - Drivers who won via hat drawing)

I put in my fastest time of the day with a 51.8XX so I was uber happy but I was going to get my ass kicked if I stayed in the Top Dog because I was going against some great drivers.

I made it all the way through the final challenge against a great driver in a ES car. I think he was faster than his previous dial in time and I was too far off; so he won.

I have to say; the first round went slow and then all of a sudden, I had three cars back to back and it was a lot going on.... I couldn't even get a water break in. But to say the least; I won SAT and was very happy with Sunday's results.

Final results:
1st in Class.
https://www.scca.com/downloads/40341-2018-ft/download

2nd overall Top Dog Challenge:

Results:
Heat 2 Qualifying: https://www.scca.com/downloads/40348-2018-ft/download
Top Dog Heat 2 https://www.scca.com/downloads/40352-2018-ft/download
Final match: https://www.scca.com/downloads/40355-2018-ft/download

Course walk video:

Top Dog Challenge Round 1 (working on more videos)

Qual. for Challenge. Fastest raw time for me 51.868, which put me 17th overall out of 80 pax wise. Pax of 42.169 and 0.935 behind first. I'll take it but wasn't too happy that I was this behind.

Last edited by mabrahams; 11-20-2019 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 2
      03-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #15
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

A time for 7ths

My first champ tour (second national event) and it was hosted by the Dixie region. Lots of cars showed up and had 23 signed up originally in class. 19 showed and where do I begin..

Sat the car had NO grip at all. I am not sure what was going on but I might have had the right side tires not on their correct positions. Overall the course was pretty similar to how it was the last Dixie event I posted above.

I couldn't have been happier with the car in terms of no problems; just no grip.

Sat Course Walk:

Sat best time 48.835

Sunday was a new day and I took Danny Kao's words of wisdom to heart. There is always another autox. So Saturday was erased and I put down a good time in the beginning but my second time would have kept me in the trophies if I didn't hit the final cone and really my last run would have been my fastest if I didn't hit one cone and coast it the way in. Overall 7th out of 19 in STX. 125 out of 281 cars pax. Overall class results here: https://www.scca.com/downloads/40404...sults/download

Sunday's fastest run with 1 cone.

I want to say I was a bit disappointed but really I'm not. It's my 13th event and maybe that just means unlucky... I think the car just needs a bit more.... maybe more front neg. camber (still need to install those offset bushings).. maybe a real alignment... maybe an exhaust and euro airbox? Maybe more aggressive driver (for sure on that)...

Last edited by mabrahams; 03-20-2018 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
BimmerAg425.00
      04-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #16
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

Finally got around to install the custom offset bushings from J. Vitamvas and I really am impressed. The car was really alive in the slaloms and overall was impressive. Also moved the seat up an inch or so closer. I finished 4th out of 13th (?) in PRO class (PAX times). Time to flip the tires (~30 or so runs)... might consider trying BFGs. Still very happy with the car and just wish more people were campaigning
these...

Co-driver start
Appreciate 1
BimmerAg425.00
      04-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #17
NinjaDog
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Hi there. Loving the progress.

Out of curiosity, what program/app/device are using to record? I noticed you initially had track mapping and lately it has throttle input etc. Looks awesome
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 07:29 AM   #18
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

Using two Garmin Virbs (one XE and elite) and then the Garmin OBD bluetooth dongle. As you can tell some of the data points aren't so accurate (throttle shows 88% when at full). However for the price point; it's not too bad.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #19
BimmerAg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabrahams View Post
Using two Garmin Virbs (one XE and elite) and then the Garmin OBD bluetooth dongle. As you can tell some of the data points aren't so accurate (throttle shows 88% when at full). However for the price point; it's not too bad.
When you go full throttle, do you push past the kickdown switch too? I've noticed that my OBD dongle also shows ~88% when I'm at "full" throttle, but not past the kickdown switch

EDIT: 6spd, may not have the switch so that would be a moot point...
      04-09-2018, 08:52 PM   #20
NinjaDog
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabrahams View Post
Huh, never heard of it. Are you able to review logs with the track mapping?
For example, picking up points where oil is surging etc?
Pretty Cool!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #21
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDog View Post
Huh, never heard of it. Are you able to review logs with the track mapping?
For example, picking up points where oil is surging etc?
Pretty Cool!
It's not a high end data acquisition tool, but does very basic data points.

Break

It's been a couple months since my last event(s) and this was on purpose. I hit 2018 pretty hard in the very beginning and now slowly coming back to it. With Nationals no longer being the objective, most probably the next thing on my radar would be FL State Championships (depending on where it is).

6/30/18 FAST AutoX Afternoon session:
This was a good event. The first morning session got in dry runs and the later session had rain for the first run group and then it dried out a bit for the second run group. This event I decided to run the Falken 615k again (which have been sitting since last year's event). Placed 6th out of 12th in M2 class. The top 5 were all morning session runs. Nothing else to report other than the car

41.059 fastest counted time (5th run)

40.457 fastest time did not count (6th run)

No Traction Run

Last edited by mabrahams; 07-01-2018 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 07:37 PM   #22
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well 2019 didn't go as planned; as I only had one even in Jan and then one in late Dec; complete opposite to 2018 season.

2020 is here and decided to dust off the car... still running the same RE71s from 2018 season (yikes) and deciding on next steps.
9th in PRO with GCAC out of 19. http://www.gulfcoastautocrossers.com...event1_fin.htm
11th in PAX out of 92.

Appreciate 0