BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-05-2008, 03:35 AM   #1
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Thumbs up New option for smart phones on MY09 models

Just a heads up to everyone that there is a new option available from September that will hopefully fix some of the iPhone/Smartphone connection issues. Not sure if this will be available in the US but it certainly is here in Europe.

Option 6NF combines the USB with the snap-in phone cradle. You also have to have option 6FL which is the current USB port under the armrest and Bluetooth.

With these options you will be able to use the music player in your smartphone plus the phone via bluetooth all while it is charging in the snap-in cradle... theoretically.

My car hasn't been built yet so I can't comment on how well this will all work. But hopefully BMW have thought it through and, given that the 1st gen iphone has been out for a year now, they have had plenty of time. Fingers crossed for a well sorted properly interfaced phone! :thumbup:
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0