BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #23
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
When I asked about using Euro Headlights (either here or Bimmerfest, can't remember). Someone told me that there was some reason why the US cars couldn't have Euro headlights. It wasn't because of the reflector but something to do with the projection of the lights.

EDIT: Here's the thread I posted: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1104

I guess you CAN use them :iono: Maybe I should pick up a set while I'm doing ED so I don't have to pay for shipping.
I doubt it, unless they are used on British BMW's. Its the whole drive on the wrong side of road thing. Same problem with JDM headlights. Those will blind the oncoming drivers.

left-hand drive beam patterns look like this:

__/ __/

right-hand:

\__ \__
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #24
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
I doubt it, unless they are used on British BMW's. Its the whole drive on the wrong side of road thing. Same problem with JDM headlights. Those will blind the oncoming drivers.

left-hand drive beam patterns look like this:

__/ __/

right-hand:

\__ \__
British BMWs are the one's that are setup for the left-side of the road. In Germany they drive on the right side of the road as well. This was something brought up in my original thread. I'll have to look and see if anyone did a euro light swap with any other BMW model. I'm sure someone has done it for the 3 series already.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #25
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Its not just a tight seal its also letting moisture in before you sealed it. Basically sealing the moisture in the housing.

I am planning on eliminating my ambers too. Haven't decided what route, but a white vinyl is a possibility. Similar to your 3rd pic but I would remove the headlight to do it so the outline wouldnt be so obvious.
Yea, you could run the lights for awhile before sealing it. The heat would run the moisture out. That, or try a blow dryer to blow hot air into it.. just not too close.
      04-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #26
will
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I am in Germany and will switch out my light with european lights. I know it can be done a lot of my friends with the 330 and 335s have had there lights switched out unpon delievery.
6-Spd. Manual, Prem. Pkg. Sports Pkg.,
Cold Weather Pkg, Nav., Comfort Access,
PDC, Hi-Fi, iPod/USB adapter
Appreciate 0