BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #111
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.long View Post

I work at a BMW dealership and as of yesterday there were 3 more allocations for 135is'. Luckily, my dealership was able to snag one of these allocations for me and I will be putting in my order as soon as I can decide on a color (open for suggestions ). I am also very tempted to hold on to the allocation until I know it's the last one but will probably submit it tomorrow as I can't wait to have it!

I will be glad to let everyone know when production stops on these cars. If only I could also see how many there were on US soil!
So that's three allocations for the USA or 3 for your dealership?

welcome
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #112
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
I originally didn't even think about it and quickly decided on exclusive blue stitched Boston leather and lemans blue. I thought it was a no brainer until I saw an alpine white 135i with black csl style wheels, cf defuser and lip and tinted windows that looked so good it was hard to look away. Carbon black still grabs my eye on occasion as well. My M3 was Imola red which I wasn't sure I was in love with at first but became one of those cars that every time you get out of you can't stop looking back as you walk away haha. I'm worried if I go with a AW or CB I might be disappointed its not as bright and eye catching as the lemans blue or the Imola red was. I think you are definitely right with saying you need to see them in person though. As of this second I can't stop thinking about AW with the red seats.... Or maybe MG...

And yes, hearing that exhaust was a huge reason I wanted an IS!
Well, the good news is I don't think you can go wrong with any color on the IS...okay, maybe cashmere silver. O=)

Just a question of how bold you want it to be. The lemans is beautiful, but way too flashy and bold for many of us. There's one white IS convertible with coral red that had good pics up here, I should find that link. Several lemans blue people as well. The deep sea blue also looked amazing on ewflyer's car, which is a little darker than lemans, but I'd never seen in person.

Here's the white with red:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749761

Here's a main thread with many pics of various IS's, though many many pages:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=766514

And to see mine, a white IS convertible, and another space gray, as we were all on the same boat a couple months ago, check out the pics here. Mine is pretty conservative though, mineral grey on black and I don't have the contrast stitching either. You can then look at my rear end all you want and give it a thorough exam (I'm due anyways). Ha!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839644

And BP, above, has a lovely mineral grey with the black leather and blue contrast stitching and amazing pics in the 135is owners show us your cars thread. You can see mb135is's space gray with coral red and his CF diffuser as well. Lot to see.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #113
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Ian - Welcome! Congrats on getting an allocation, and we can't wait to hear your tale of order, delivery, and first drives! Head over to the "135is owners- show us your cars!" thread for lots of info and pics.

If you're on the fence about colors, I humbly submit my argument for space gray and coral red. I had imola red before this car, just like you, and I simply couldn't forsake red completely in favor of blue. It's just the right thing to do. hehehehe.

I definitely recommend the CF diffuser.

Keep us posted!

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #114
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

moved to http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=861241&page=3
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #115
ISLong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135is

That's three allocations left for the US. My dealership didn't have an allocation and had to get one for me from another dealership. Each dealership is only given so many allocations for each car and some you have to special request from another dealer if you didn't get as many as you need.

Mb don't be surprised if in 2 months that car has a twin.

And that defuser is super sexy Is that a bmw part or aftermarket?

Does the red get old at all after a while on the road?

Greg I am sorting through that thread now....38 pages haha

Thanks for the pics!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #116
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

The good news is that luckily there are a lot of pictures now of various colors and combos out there that many of us didn't have available when we were ordering. There were only a few IS's within 50 miles of me, so I was lucky to at least see a carbon black and then mineral grey with coral red before I ordered. At the time I could only find a couple of pictures here and there of mineral grey AT ALL and at the time really wanted to see one in titanium silver since I previously had a 2008 135i in that color.

So, lot of pages, but I think you'll learn a lot and get a good idea from some of us as well as.

I can answer the question as well for mb135is as his diffuser is the BMW Performance CF one and like a few of us, I wouldn't mess around with one of the cheap substitutes, especially if you're able to get a discount on the BMW-made one. Lil more money, but fitment and quality will be second to none.

I'll defer on the coral red as we have a lot of coral red people who can give better insight. I don't think a single coral red person has ever been unhappy though or wished they'd gotten another color. Everyone who gets it at least seems to love it.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #117
mb135is
Captain
Rep

Quote:
That's three allocations left for the US. My dealership didn't have an allocation and had to get one for me from another dealership. Each dealership is only given so many allocations for each car and some you have to special request from another dealer if you didn't get as many as you need.

Mb don't be surprised if in 2 months that car has a twin.

And that defuser is super sexy Is that a bmw part or aftermarket?

Does the red get old at all after a while on the road?

Greg I am sorting through that thread now....38 pages haha

Thanks for the pics!
Thanks! The diffuser is BMW Performance. No worries about bringing another twin over here - the more SG/CR the merrier!

The red has NOT gotten old at all. I've been driving back and forth between an E90 335d with black, and I prefer the red. It's not as all encompassing as, say, the red interior on the new 4 where the bottom of the dash is red, too. It's the seats and a portion of the door - just the right amount in my opinion.

I got cold feet late in my order regarding the red interior. Haven't regretted it since.

Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #118
ISLong
Private First Class
Rep

To be completely honest I'm not sure if looking over those links helped or not haha. If anything I'm now considering more colors.
However it also became apparent to me that no matter what color I pick, its going to look damn good. I like the red seats but it seems like everyone has them. I think that some of me liking it was that it would be something not too many people would have.

I don't think I'm going to actually decide on a color until I'm filling out my order form tomorrow. One thing is for sure....cf defuser will be bought and waiting for whatever color I choose.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #119
ISLong
Private First Class
Rep

Also, how much did you pick up the cf diffuser for? I can only find it with the bumper too...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #120
eywflyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is DSB 6MT 269/613

Ian - welcome and congrats on snagging one of the last 135is allocations! It will be beautiful no matter what color you go with, but of course I'm biased in favor of deep sea blue

May have missed it upthread - have you decided on DCT vs 6MT yet?
      07-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #121
ISLong
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks! I hadn't mentioned it yet but I have a deep hatred of automatics haha. I know they say the DCT is supposedly quicker but I could never buy anything that wasn't a 6MT, especially in something pretty sporty like the IS. Anyway you could post some more pics of the deep sea blue? That's one I do like but haven't found too many pictures of.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #122
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The deep sea blue are in the smaller numbers of cars built. BMW of Tucson had one on the lot last spring when I ordered my Mineral Grey and it was a tough choice. For me the black with exclusive blue stitching was a good choice for the seats.

Wow, three cars le ft to be built...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #123
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp-plickner View Post
Wow, three cars left to be built...
Guess that'll be 2 after he orders today.

Hmm, I may actually order another one tomorrow and then just keep it in its cellophane wrapping and not open the packaging for 7-10 years so I have another one ready to go. Maybe I'll get it in stick, too.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #124
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #125
mb135is
Captain
Rep

I think red seats are prevalent on forums but not out in the wild. I have a hard time imagining more people order red interior than black.

Perhaps there is information out there that proves me wrong.

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #126
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

I'd say the red seats are becoming more and more prevalent and based on shopping for my last 3 cars, (135i, S5, and 135is), they're definitely catching up in popularity and see a lot of them at dealers. I'd guess maybe 50% are black interiors, 25% are red?

On my last two cars as well, I was able to find essentially the car I wanted in stock at a local dealer, only they had red seats and I wanted black, so had to order and wait 3 months. While it's not my taste as I am seemingly pretty conservative, I do actually really like the two-tone on the doors and think it's sharp and sporty and edgy. The fully red seats is a bit much for me as I might enjoy/prefer the centers to be contrasting colors and matching stitching. I also wish there were more color options as well that gave the two-tone on the doors.

And to echo mb - it's not like on the new 4 series with the heinous lower half of the dash also being red. I think on the 1, the red may look a bit much when you aren't sitting in, but then once you're in it, don't think it's too much. I also don't know a single person on the forum who has regretted EITHER their 135is exterior color choice or getting coral red.

Just go with your heart.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #127
Bama335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E82 135is '13 E88 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is View Post
I think red seats are prevalent on forums but not out in the wild. I have a hard time imagining more people order red interior than black.

Perhaps there is information out there that proves me wrong.
Since BP has been out driving his car and thus not keeping up with the build data, I found some time to log data and crunch the 2013 build numbers:

Coral seats on 135 (all lines): 17% (262 of 1289 total cars)
Coral on 135 M sport: 20%
Coral on 135is: 17%
Coral on 135is MT6: 15%

The vast majority of interiors are indeed black (61% of all lines incl blue stitched versions), the rarest is the Tobacco in the LE followed by Beige leatherette - these data points are for 135 COUPES only

Mine is on the boat in South Hampton today, I am hoping to quit logging data and join you folks out having fun driving some point mid August

Last edited by Bama335; 07-18-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #128
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Bama - curious what color and options you got on your new one, as well as what you have on your current vert, since you probably have unique insight into what options/colors you would or wouldn't get again.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #129
Bama335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E82 135is '13 E88 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Bama - curious what color and options you got on your new one, as well as what you have on your current vert, since you probably have unique insight into what options/colors you would or wouldn't get again.
I agree with the comments here that there are alot of great color combos - when we looked at the 135 vert, we also looked at Infiniti G37 and were surprised by their lack of choices in both exterior and interior colors.

135is on order:
Carbon Black, Black leather with blue stitching, 6MT
Tech, Premium, alarm, PDC, HK

E88 135 vert is a 2012 - Alpine/Coral DCT with tech, convenience, premium HK and PDC.

I've wanted a Carbon Black car since I saw it on an E39 M5 way back, but it wasn't offered on the E90 335, which has been in the garage since 2007.

While I really like the coral interior in our E88, it doesn't go well with Carbon or blue (IMO), and since we have one in red already, I went with the Black/Blue - I probably would have gone with Terra for a little more contrast and uniqueness if it was still avail when I ordered. Second choice was Mineral Gray/Coral.

Black interiors have aged well for me in the past, and if BMW keeps going the way of electric steering, A.S.S, eco mode and general softening of the suspensions, this 135 may be around a very long time.

My wife really likes lighter interiors (specifically beige), but they are difficult to keep clean - if well cared for, they look great against a dark exterior color. The trouble spot for me is my leather belts tend to leave a line across the light seats.

If we were replacing the E88 with another 135i, it might have been Carbon and oyster, I like the lighter interior colors for top down motoring, they stay a little cooler in the southern sun.

Last edited by Bama335; 07-18-2013 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #130
mb135is
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama335 View Post
Since BP has been out driving his car and thus not keeping up with the build data, I found some time to log data and crunch the 2013 build numbers:

Coral seats on 135 (all lines): 17% (262 of 1289 total cars)
Coral on 135 M sport: 20%
Coral on 135is: 17%
Coral on 135is MT6: 15%

The vast majority of interiors are indeed black (61% of all lines incl blue stitched versions), the rarest is the Tobacco in the LE followed by Beige leatherette - these data points are for 135 COUPES only

Mine is on the boat in South Hampton today, I am hoping to quit logging data and join you folks out having fun driving some point mid August
Thank you! Very cool info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama335 View Post

... and if BMW keeps going the way of electric steering, A.S.S, eco mode and general softening of the suspensions, this 135 may be around a very long time.

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #131
ISLong
Private First Class
Rep

At least we know that if you get coral in your IS you mean business (most likely manuals).
I almost want to get it just for that! I was incredibly busy today and didnt have time to place my order. Most likely going with AW over CR. can't stop thinking about that combo. The problem is the blues keep creeping in my mind as well.

Last edited by ISLong; 07-18-2013 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: Misspelled
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #132
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bama cool color choice. I know I keep saying this, but great job. We may actually have a real number on these cars

Cheers
Appreciate 0