BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-23-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
funkays
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

Upcoming Maintenance - Looking for some additional info

Hey there,

First post on the forums but have lurked for a while since owning my 1 series.

As the thread title suggests I have a couple of jobs I plan to do in the upcoming week on my vehicle and am hoping to try and get a couple questions answered all in one place; apologies if its usually preferred for these to be separated into their own threads. Tl;dr at the bottom

Here's some basic info on my car:
  • Year: 2010
  • KM: ~145,000
  • Single Owner

Questions:

1. I will be changing my front break pads. This I can do as I recently swapped my backs; however I seemed to have ordered the wrong Tire Wear Sensor (despite Amazon suggesting it was the correct one via filters). So i was wondering if anybody could provide a link to both a Front and Rear sensor I could purchase, save me having the same issue as before. I assume for its purpose any old sensor should do?

2. Likewise, I am looking for the proper tool used to remove the bolt of the brake calibers. Last time I used a slight too-small Allen/hex key and it was a nightmare! I feel like I've read 15mm is what i need? but could be mistaken.

3. Final question is regarding Water Pumps. I found user by the name Pkaia524. He had almost the same car as myself. He provided a detailed maintenance schedule he used. Water Pumps are supposedly replaced once in a BMW's lifetime; and at around 150,000 kms. Being at ~146,000 I think now would be a good time to replace it. I have also seen the P2E35 code in the past week; suggesting either imminent doom, or an issue with the connection to the pump (?). Now is this something worth avoiding OEM parts for? If BMW are known to fail? [/LIST]

Apologies for the handful of questions, please let me know if you require any additional information and i can try my best to provide. Thank you in advanced to any info or product links you guys can provide! Slowly learning how to DIY my vehicle and its been a load of fun.

Tl;dr:
Links and/or info on:
Front & Rear tire wear sensors
Proper tool for removal of Brake Caliber bolts
Water Pump & Thermostat replacement

Last edited by funkays; 11-23-2019 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 03:02 AM   #2
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

The water pumps all fail. Go BMW it's the best of the worst. Can't comment on the brakes but that has been documented to great extent already and you can find the answer.
Appreciate 0