BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #23
07'335iAlpine
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i M-Sport

Have an appointment set up for next tuesday to leave at dealer. The stress cracks are coming from the support that is held on with the torx bolt on top of the headlights both are showing cracking from the same area so i would like to believe that it happened over time why they just started to cause problems just now is beyond me. As far as the body shop that did my lights they say they did not take my lights out to do the tinting; supposedly they were just taped off and done. Not too sure if i believe that but i will give them the benefit of the doubt. They agreed to buy me the bulbs i need to return the halos back to stock so that i could take it to the dealer and have this resolved. what i do know though is that this wasn't caused by me installing the lux h8 v3's improperly; or improper seating of the back caps as well since they were installed long ago and never had any problems with them then. it is however odd that this just started occurring after having the work done at the body shop?????? coincidence......I'd would really like to think it is, and I'm hoping it was something that happened on its own with other factors involved but its not likely that BMW will take the blame for this. Im not looking for anyone to blame to have my lights working properly as they should. My car has 40,800 miles so it is still under BMW warranty i hope they man up and fix this i pay too much for this car to be in the shop all the time.

Thanks,
Jacob
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #24
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07'335iAlpine View Post
Have an appointment set up for next tuesday to leave at dealer. The stress cracks are coming from the support that is held on with the torx bolt on top of the headlights both are showing cracking from the same area so i would like to believe that it happened over time why they just started to cause problems just now is beyond me. As far as the body shop that did my lights they say they did not take my lights out to do the tinting; supposedly they were just taped off and done. Not too sure if i believe that but i will give them the benefit of the doubt. They agreed to buy me the bulbs i need to return the halos back to stock so that i could take it to the dealer and have this resolved. what i do know though is that this wasn't caused by me installing the lux h8 v3's improperly; or improper seating of the back caps as well since they were installed long ago and never had any problems with them then. it is however odd that this just started occurring after having the work done at the body shop?????? coincidence......I'd would really like to think it is, and I'm hoping it was something that happened on its own with other factors involved but its not likely that BMW will take the blame for this. Im not looking for anyone to blame to have my lights working properly as they should. My car has 40,800 miles so it is still under BMW warranty i hope they man up and fix this i pay too much for this car to be in the shop all the time.

Thanks,
Jacob
Well @ 40,800 your dealer might correlate the problem due to the age of the car and that things happen.

However it might not be coincidence that it happened after the tinting and that they "did not" take out your lights. They might have tightened the support braces too tight which in the end caused this... who knows. In the end its just important that you don't pay!
      12-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #25
1-2MANY
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

wow a 2010 and already 40,800. My 08 doesn't even have that much.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #26
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-2MANY View Post
wow a 2010 and already 40,800. My 08 doesn't even have that much.
Haha my 09' is sitting at 16k miles
      12-16-2011, 02:57 AM   #27
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by denfion View Post
Why there is a water condensation issue with BMW when most of the Japanese car don't even use any cap on their headlight without any problem? Design fault?
Dunno if you can speak for all Japanese cars as I owned an Acura TSX.. JDM made and they had a major recall on condensation prone headlights.. which mine had.. just an FYI..
Appreciate 0