BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #23
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1761 View Post
thats due to the fact your not driving an M3 or 6 series. I had that happen to me At new century BMW. I pulled up my car for low tire pressure. The SA ran to the 6 series behind me before assisting me.
Depends on the SA and dealership. I was once given the last loaner of the day despite a guy pulled in with his g/f's M6 on 20" dubs right after me with my lowly 135i.

The SA asked "Do you have one reserved under your name?"
Him: "No"
SA: "Sorry we are out"
Him: "My g/f is very picky. She won't even drive my Acura."

In my mind I was thinking, I bet he's going to give my awesome 328i loaner to him. Nope. For this reason if I am ever going to buy a BMW again I am going back to that dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qunadry View Post
I have responded with problems in the past (I've owned BMW's for over 10 years) and if anything, things have gotten worse, not better. I believe my title to this thread has more truth in it than I thought.
I have heard horror story of a guy being blacklisted from BMW because he consistently gave negative feedback.

Last edited by Robert; 07-23-2010 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #24
Qunadry
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Depends on the SA and dealership. I was once given the last loaner of the day despite a guy pulled in with his g/f's M6 on 20" dubs right after me with my lowly 135i.

The SA asked "Do you have one reserved under your name?"
Him: "No"
SA: "Sorry we are out"
Him: "My g/f is very picky. She won't even drive my Acura."

In my mind I was thinking, I bet he's going to give my awesome 328i loaner to him. Nope. For this reason if I am ever going to buy a BMW again I am going back to that dealer.

I have heard horror story of a guy being blacklisted from BMW because he consistently gave negative feedback.
I have heard similar stories such as there never being a loaner available when you get service, service taking longer than it should, etc. This is why I opted out from these surveys, but this might be viewed worse than a negative surrvey. Heads they win, tails you lose.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #25
michifan
Old Soul
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM BWM 135iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qunadry View Post
I have heard similar stories such as there never being a loaner available when you get service, service taking longer than it should, etc. This is why I opted out from these surveys, but this might be viewed worse than a negative surrvey. Heads they win, tails you lose.
I've never heard of this. The surveys are to be 100% confidential. Now when you start telling stories in one of the boxes, they'll know who you are - but I don't do that unless I want a call.

And I've actually had the opposite happen. One time I had awful service, a real douche for a SA. Next day I called the General Manager, I calmly explained what happened and he acknowledged that it was a problem. He told me to see him personally the next time I came into the shop and he'd take care of me. When I did, he handed me his card and told me that I could mention his name every time I came in and I'll be taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #26
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5, 2021 M550i (soon)

I have only ever dealt with one dealership, but I make sure to book a loaner when I'm making the appointment. No surprises, they have my name written down to receive a loaner.

I actually enjoyed getting loaners and driving them around vs my car, it was a nice change... Though this was often a couple years into owning my car, it was only a 328i, and the loaners they gave me were often brand new versions of my car or better (5 series fully loaded).
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #27
spellbmw
Feuertrunken
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY10 135i 6MT

My dealer - Kuni - has been awesome from the moment I first contacted them to the latest service appointment for a warranty issue. Couldn't ask for better service.
      08-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #28
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbmw View Post
My dealer - Kuni - has been awesome from the moment I first contacted them to the latest service appointment for a warranty issue. Couldn't ask for better service.
      08-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #29
hlmiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M '10 M5 '05 M3 '12 CRT

"So after all of this, you opted out of filling out the only survey that could possibly result in better treatment in the future? That makes absolutely no sense!"

And the other thing that seems be missing in almost all of the "my dealer sucks" threads is also the most direct and effective - sit down with the Service or/and General Manager.

Make an appointment. Know your story. Be honest and accurate (with yourself as well as with the store's actions). Show up on time. Have a goal. Be respectful. Be firm. Have constructive suggestions. Appreciate that no one (yourself included) is perfect. Wait for, listen to and note the response. After the next service situation act accordingly: if things improve, recognize and acknowledge it; if they don't, inform the GM of the failure and go elsewhere (if possible).

Anyone can complain, and a lot of people do. But there's a difference between simply complaining and actually doing something that will encourage better service.

FWIW - I don't think anyone is "entitled" to any better or or worse "service" simply based upon the amount of money spent. I've received the same (generally) excellent service from dealerships on my 135 as I have on my M5, my 670 SV (), my Fit, and etc. On the few times I haven't received good treatment it has always been addressed and remedied.

Appreciate 0