E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Anyone with a Nokia 6256

02-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
myXI
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330XI

Anyone with a Nokia 6256

As the title states, does anyone have the Nokia 6256? Does anyone know if it is compatible? I have Verizon and am looking for a new Bluetooth phone? I wanted to get an analog phone.
      03-11-2006, 11:28 PM   #2
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Currently searching

Hey, I just got the nokia 6256i today. It pairs and works well but one problem, the phonebook won't transfer over and i can't figure it out. Also, I wouldnt mind entering the phonebook into the screen manually but i don't know how to do that or it doesnt let me. Anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
myXI
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks agent0986. I just got the phone this weekend as well. I was able to pair it up without a problem. I couldn't get the phonebook to transfer either. I am able to dial the number using the car controls. First off, I do not have idrive. The steps are, if I remeber correctly.
1)Menu
2)choose Phone (you should see 4 choices)
3)"click on the right dial buton"
4)Choose the # symbol (There's also first8, last8,missed, last, etc)
5)dial number
6)"click on the right dial buton"
Hope this helps
      03-13-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myXI
Thanks agent0986. I just got the phone this weekend as well. I was able to pair it up without a problem. I couldn't get the phonebook to transfer either. I am able to dial the number using the car controls. First off, I do not have idrive. The steps are, if I remeber correctly.
1)Menu
2)choose Phone (you should see 4 choices)
3)"click on the right dial buton"
4)Choose the # symbol (There's also first8, last8,missed, last, etc)
5)dial number
6)"click on the right dial buton"
Hope this helps
thanks, since the phone book was not able to transfer over this is what i did: I dialed my most important 6-7 numbers that i mainly use and now they are always in the "re-dial" menu. Whenever i need to call one of them I just go to the re-dial menu so I will not have to enter the # manually, so not having the phone book hasnt really been a big deal for me. Also, how do you like the phone? Your the only other person i know that has it. The battery life has been impressive so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #5
myXI
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent0986
thanks, since the phone book was not able to transfer over this is what i did: I dialed my most important 6-7 numbers that i mainly use and now they are always in the "re-dial" menu. Whenever i need to call one of them I just go to the re-dial menu so I will not have to enter the # manually, so not having the phone book hasnt really been a big deal for me. Also, how do you like the phone? Your the only other person i know that has it. The battery life has been impressive so far.
I did the same thing, except I don't have 8 friends.
The battery life is good. The manual state 3.25 hours talk. 11 days standy. That is better than I expected, but the phone is a bit chunky. The phone has much of what I wanted. Analog mode for those trips up the mountains. Don't care for the camera feature. The MMC slot is a nice feature. I bought a 1 gig card, tranferred mp3s from my computer to the phone via bluetooth. I was looking for an mp3 player as well. 2 birds, one stone.
      03-14-2006, 07:05 PM   #6
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep

Hey, I'm actually having a problem...i dont know if this is the same with you but when i get incoming calls, they car doesnt alert me on the screen. Only the phone rings, and if its on silent, i wouldnt even know that i had an incoming call. When i do have the ringer on and it rings i open the phone, the call gets transferred to the car audio system. It kind of defeats the purpose of the handsfree because i have to pick up my phone to see who's calling then open it. Are you having the same problem? Or do i possibly have something set differently?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 10:08 PM   #7
myXI
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent0986
Hey, I'm actually having a problem...i dont know if this is the same with you but when i get incoming calls, they car doesnt alert me on the screen. Only the phone rings, and if its on silent, i wouldnt even know that i had an incoming call. When i do have the ringer on and it rings i open the phone, the call gets transferred to the car audio system. It kind of defeats the purpose of the handsfree because i have to pick up my phone to see who's calling then open it. Are you having the same problem? Or do i possibly have something set differently?
I had a similar problem. When I got a call, I could hear the ring through the car speaker, but wouldn't let me pick it up through the steering wheel or the menu screen. I ended using the phone itself. I was also having problems with my bluetooth headst. I ended up deleting the paired BT connection, and reestablishing the BT connection. I haven't had a problem since.

neither the screen wouldn't display and let me choose YES to pick up nor the steering wheel button
      03-19-2006, 01:42 PM   #8
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myXI
I had a similar problem. When I got a call, I could hear the ring through the car speaker, but wouldn't let me pick it up through the steering wheel or the menu screen. I ended using the phone itself. I was also having problems with my bluetooth headst. I ended up deleting the paired BT connection, and reestablishing the BT connection. I haven't had a problem since.

neither the screen wouldn't display and let me choose YES to pick up nor the steering wheel button

Thanks! i deleted the pairing and did it again and it has worked perfectly since then. Also on a side note, you do not want to drop this phone on a hard surface. The front plate dents very easily.
Appreciate 0