BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
zz135i
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i vert

Cleaning Dash

I was cleaning the interior of my 135 (coral red) and i had no problem cleaning and conditioning the coral red, but when i went to clean the black trim on the door and the dashboard i couldn't prevent streak marks from occurring. I was using mother's leather conditioner and was wondering if there is a technique or a specific brand that works the best with black trim.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
psalm40
Jet Black 135cic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i convertible

Is the dash and door trim actually leather? I think you'd be better off using a product designed for vinyl cleaning....Einszitt 1Z cockpit cleaner or 303 aerospace protectant maybe.

Check out this thread. AutoLavish uses the Einszitt product.http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412591
      06-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
2010AW135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

i love using Megs Quick Interior Detailer..it leave NO residue gloss so it looks like it just left the factory floor.

06-02-2011, 06:04 AM   #4
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Interior Trim Materials

Bi-laminates - PVC and TPO coated olefin foams, Vinyl, Tri-laminates - PVC and TPO coated olefin foams with protective back-skin, ALURA® - Soft leather replacement for seating and door trim

1z Plastic Cleaner (Plastik-Reiniger) - an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner that removes grime build-up, scuff marks, bitumen (tar) and nicotine thoroughly and effortlessly with dust-resistant anti-static action. Use to clean armrests, door handles, shift knobs, vinyl seats, pedals, dashboard, storage compartments, tires, rocker panels, wheel wells, and etc.

Water-based formula is biodegradable, silicone and formalin-free as well as environmentally friendly. Follow-up with a treatment of Iz Cockpit Premium
There is no such thing as a permanent UV stabilizer, it a matter of physics, not chemistry. Providing protection from ultra violet radiation (UV) is very important to avoid photo synthesis (colour fading) particularly in an open-air roadster/convertible UV protection is a sacrificial / renewable component; this is due to the UV protection layer being degraded by exposure to the elements (sun, sand, road or sea salt, and etc); so it is imperative that you renew it and needs to be re-applied on a regular 45 to 60 day basis (dependent upon location climatic condition)

Iz Cockpit Premium – an interior care and protectant developed specifically for that original factory look. This is a treatment spray for all interior components including the dash, vinyl seats, door handles, trim, navigation screens, stereo head units, and clear plastic. It has very limited cleaning ability but it provides UV protection for interior materials. The gentle formula is water-based and free of oils providing a matte, original showroom finish. Non-slip finish allows for application on the steering wheel, shift knob and both finished leather and vinyl upholstery.
Appreciate 0