BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-28-2023, 02:11 PM   #1
Snakevenom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

MHD Super License for N55e for 135i best FMIC and High Flow DP?

Hey everyone going to buy the MHD Super License.
Wondering if after all this time there is an agreed upon
best FMIC and Catted Downpipe for the 135i?

Best meaning...most typically used and install fitament...

I don't want the smell in the cabin...is their a best highflow cat downpipe?

Thanks been driving around stock for 5 years looking to upgrade!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 03:26 PM   #2
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

YMMV but I’ve been very happy with the VRSF ones, I have the 5” FMIC and the catted high flow down pipe. I think they’re the best out there.

Sure some other options look better and have better features, but they’re much more expensive.
For example: the Wagner DP has a flex pipe. And the CSF FMIC has OE connectors that don’t require silicone sleeves.

Functionally (power and response) should be the same.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2023, 07:19 PM   #3
Snakevenom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
YMMV but I’ve been very happy with the VRSF ones, I have the 5” FMIC and the catted high flow down pipe. I think they’re the best out there.

Sure some other options look better and have better features, but they’re much more expensive.
For example: the Wagner DP has a flex pipe. And the CSF FMIC has OE connectors that don’t require silicone sleeves.

Functionally (power and response) should be the same.
I have their charge pipe..how was the down-pipe install? Can you smell anything in the cabin at an idle? Does it throw any codes? Thanks for responding!!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 08:27 PM   #4
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakevenom View Post
I have their charge pipe..how was the down-pipe install? Can you smell anything in the cabin at an idle? Does it throw any codes? Thanks for responding!!
I gave the down pipe to a shop to install. They didn’t complain, so I assume it was taking one out, and putting the other one in no problem. Just a bolt-on replacement.

Zero smell in the cabin. I would not be able to live with it (had catless for a short while, impossible).

It throws a code if you’re not tuned. But MHD will clear it (just choose the option of aftermarket DP when flashing). And BTW it’s not just a “code”, the car goes into limp mode when it does, you can feel it losing power. A tune or DP fix is needed with an aftermarket DP (even if with a high-flow cat).
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2023, 09:30 AM   #5
Snakevenom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I gave the down pipe to a shop to install. They didn’t complain, so I assume it was taking one out, and putting the other one in no problem. Just a bolt-on replacement.

Zero smell in the cabin. I would not be able to live with it (had catless for a short while, impossible).

It throws a code if you’re not tuned. But MHD will clear it (just choose the option of aftermarket DP when flashing). And BTW it’s not just a “code”, the car goes into limp mode when it does, you can feel it losing power. A tune or DP fix is needed with an aftermarket DP (even if with a high-flow cat).
Thanks for the help!!! Planning on the MHD tune … so it passes inspection right with the MHD tune ?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2023, 09:44 AM   #6
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the help!!! Planning on the MHD tune … so it passes inspection right with the MHD tune ?
I have no idea about inspections as we don’t have those in Canada.

If the inspection is just visual and “readiness”, I think it should. Sniffing the exhaust might be a bit tricky, as you’re polluting more. If the car is fully warmed up and the cat is doing its thing, I’ve read that people passed the sniffing test as well with these.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 10:00 AM   #7
Snakevenom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Right .. sniff is out in my parts they typically just do the computer thing.
By the way I have seen discussion on going to colder plugs on the MHD tune .. not going for E85 do you think I should still go colder plugs .. we have 93 octane out here in Texas.
Again thanks for your time!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 05:15 PM   #8
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Right .. sniff is out in my parts they typically just do the computer thing.
By the way I have seen discussion on going to colder plugs on the MHD tune .. not going for E85 do you think I should still go colder plugs .. we have 93 octane out here in Texas.
Again thanks for your time!!
I run stock plugs. But I don’t live in extremely hot weather…

I run ACN 91 gas (lower than 91). So I’m tuned for that (even though I run a version of 93 available here).

If you tune it for 93, and it pings on 93, maybe you might want to consider colder plugs. Monitor your logs. I can’t state they’re not needed, but I’ve read they’re not for OTS tunes like MHD.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 10:31 AM   #9
Snakevenom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I run stock plugs. But I don’t live in extremely hot weather…

I run ACN 91 gas (lower than 91). So I’m tuned for that (even though I run a version of 93 available here).

If you tune it for 93, and it pings on 93, maybe you might want to consider colder plugs. Monitor your logs. I can’t state they’re not needed, but I’ve read they’re not for OTS tunes like MHD.
Thanks! I read the same thing...appreciate your time and help!
Appreciate 1
________4158.50