BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Experience with PYspeed

Recently wanted to purchase a set of wheels through PYSpeed. They offered the best price I had been quoted so I paid. Turns out the wheel manufacturer was going to be unable to send out the wheels for a few months. Explained to the guys at PYspeed that I couldn't wait and they stepped up and refunded my money right away.

In my book that's customer service. No hassles, cool people. I highly recommend you check these guys out as they seem to be a real professional shop.

Thanks to Sean, Eric and Bobbie.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
MinionM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 // 2020 M2CS

I have to piggy back on this as my experieince was VERY different....

I bought and paid for a full Wheel/Tire package on August 31st. Website indicates 3-5 business days for *most* orders. When purchasing - nothing was communicated to me that there was going to be a delay or that wheels were back ordered.

5 days goes by and i e-mail them - I am told that becasue it was a holiday weekend my order had not shipped yet and it might be a little longer - NEVER any indication it was going to be an extended perioed of time. Ok - thats fine, i can wait

3 more days goes by and i e-mail again - given the same excuse - my order was still in processing. Fine - i can continue to wait, no big deal.

3 more days go by and i decide to call them - It is only then that i am told the wheels i purchased were not in stock and they dont know when they are due in. So i asked if they can find out for me.

The very same day (I appreciated the quick response) i get an e-mail stating they are not due in until 9/27 (Keep in mind i ordered on 8/31) Ok - no problem at least i know when to expect them

So 9/27 rolls around - no word - i call on 9/28 and am told "I think there is another delay becuase your wheels are not here... let me find out"

Talk to them the next day and am told that TWO of the wheels will not be in until Mid october and THE OTHER TWO WHEELS WONT BE IN UNTIL 11/17!!!

I explain my need for the wheels sooner, but understand it is out of their hands if the mabnufacturer has made a mistake. So i inquire if there is any type of compensation that can be extended as a result of the nearly 3-months i am being told i will have to wait. I am told by the representative (who will not be named) "...well i can give you like $40 bucks if that'll help you out..." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It's not a matter of money - i am happy to pay the $2300 that they already took from my account on 8/31 - It's a matter of principle and good customer service..

Never did anyone reach out to me to advise of delays - nor was i told when i ordered the wheels or even in my first two e-mails to them that there would be such an extended wait period.

Given the curcumstances and my experieince - I have chosen to cancel my order with them. I am being given a full refund (I think) but was told it might take up-to two weeks to process, so i will find out then.

Current Garage:
2012 M3 ZCP, Mineral White, DCT: Track Build
2020 M2CS, Misano Blue, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
MinionM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 // 2020 M2CS

Update - PYSpeed was very quick about my refund and it was given in full. Thanks

Current Garage:
2012 M3 ZCP, Mineral White, DCT: Track Build
2020 M2CS, Misano Blue, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
first350
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

just bought TPMS from Eric at Pyspeed...called on Monday requesting them by Wednesday (I'm getting new wheels/tires for a track day this weekend), and I received them Tuesday evening (1 day early)! Quick and easy, thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

I should add that I ended up purchasing a set of BC Forged wheels through PYSpeed. Customer service, price, turn around time and most importantly the quality of the wheels were outstanding.
Appreciate 0