BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-15-2015, 03:53 AM   #1
stoffs
Registered
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 135i

Help needed 5DF0 and 5DF1 (again)

Hi Guys,

I know this has been talked about a lot in previous posts, however I feel mine is slightly different and any advise would be great please.

A short while back I was driving and got the infamous trifecta lights come on the dashboard including the ABS. I took it to two of my mechanics and both of them came back with fault codes 5DF0 and 5DF1 respectively. Both mechanics told me it was a fact with my ABS module. So a short search on the internet and I heard about ECU Testing.

I sent my unit out there and they called me to say they have run all the tests and have found nothing wrong with my unit. I got them to refurb the part as it was there already and just in case it was an intermitting fault.

Got my unit back today plugged it in, started the car and I still have the fault lights. Anyone know if its worth me going back to the mechanics to try clear the fault codes. I suspect that since ECU Testing didnt find a fault that this isnt my problem.

More information: Tried a brand new battery in the car, that hasnt solved it. I have asked my mechanic if its a wheel sensor, he says definitely not as it has a different code and they can isolate that. The car was bought about 3 months ago and it has upgraded bmw brakes (unsure if they were fitted to the car when bought new or as an aftermarket).

Once again guys if there are any avenues you can think of I would really appreciate it before I go drop it off at BMW and see what they charge me.

Cheers,

Chris.
Appreciate 0