BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-30-2016, 12:34 AM   #45
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim635csi View Post
I will.
your very lucky!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 02:08 AM   #46
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

updated with a video & ready for 2017!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 03:20 PM   #47
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I am all set up for this year, Very Excited! my favorite event of the year & will be posting tons of pictures, Less than 2 weeks away!

Last edited by Anderw; 01-15-2017 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
dim635csi203.00
      01-28-2017, 09:24 AM   #48
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

I'm leaving for Daytona in about 90 minutes. I can't wait. I went once about 7 years back because I happened to be driving by. I've only missed one year since due to a friend's wedding. It's beyond impressive. I'll be taking a bunch of pics myself.

I'm hoping the BMW tent will have an M2. I've bought one and never even sat in one.

AnderW, I'll likely be wearing my trusty old black Msport hat and drinking a beer.
Appreciate 1
Anderw657.50
      01-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #49
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
I'm leaving for Daytona in about 90 minutes. I can't wait. I went once about 7 years back because I happened to be driving by. I've only missed one year since due to a friend's wedding. It's beyond impressive. I'll be taking a bunch of pics myself.

I'm hoping the BMW tent will have an M2. I've bought one and never even sat in one.

AnderW, I'll likely be wearing my trusty old black Msport hat and drinking a beer.
I would have skipped that wedding! I'm joking , but last year they had an m2, m3 ZCP and m4 GTS so more than likely an M2 will be there this year , I will be parked In the infield in my silver m235i with CCA badge in the grille, if you see me by my car, say what's up and I will join you for one of those beers you will be drinking!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 10:01 AM   #50
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderw View Post
I would have skipped that wedding! I'm joking , but last year they had an m2, m3 ZCP and m4 GTS so more than likely an M2 will be there this year , I will be parked In the infield in my silver m235i with CCA badge in the grille, if you see me by my car, say what's up and I will join you for one of those beers you will be drinking!
Will do for sure. Let's hope it doesn't get too cold and that rain holds off as much as possible.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 02:32 PM   #51
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 02:43 PM   #52
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Looks like a cold day. Have fun!

AA Pulley, Air Filter and Tune - Full Evolve Valvetronic Exhaust - 380/355 Stoptech BBK, BBS FI's and other fun stuff.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #53
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Stay warm tonight. Looks wet and cold.

AA Pulley, Air Filter and Tune - Full Evolve Valvetronic Exhaust - 380/355 Stoptech BBK, BBS FI's and other fun stuff.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 12:06 PM   #54
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

After 22 some hours, there's 8 cars on the lead lap in GTLM and 6 in GTD, that's pretty competitive.
      01-29-2017, 12:14 PM   #55
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
We ended up bailing last night at around 10:30 PM. It was freezing cold and the rain meant the only viable viewing option was at the top of the grandstand's lower section. The cold wind blowing through the grandstand concourse was brutal! Go ahead and laugh it up, northerners. We Floridians don't do well when temperatures get down in to the 40s :P

I'm back at home on my warm couch watching rather glumly as BMW once again gets a very rough start to the year. Let's hope that IMSA gives the M6 GTLM cars a BoP bump. They got beat up all last year, and having to watch the Ford GT cars drive by the M6 on the high-banks as if it were a GTD car is just bullshit.

I got some really great photos, and I have to admit, I was a complete toddler around the drivers. I saw Christina Nelson when walking through the garage area before the race. I, of course, shouted out her name like an idiot and all I could think to do was giver a big thumbs up and wish her good luck She looked at me like, "Um, OK. Thanks?" I also asked Frederic Makowiecki who he was going to wreck today when at the Porsche table at the autograph session

Here's me with Augusto Farfus and Bill Auberlen. The BMW drivers were super-nice. I'll post more photos later today.

Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 1
dim635csi203.00
      01-30-2017, 08:34 AM   #56
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

AndersW, I didn't notice a grey M235. I'm sure I just missed it. Hope you kept warm and had a good time.

This was the first time I've been there since the track's facelift. I noticed that facelift came with MUCH higher prices. $8 beers, $18 lobster rolls, etc.

I DID see a 2017 LBB M2 at the BMW area. Wow. It was essentially my car that will be here in April. Seeing that thing made April seem even further away. One of the ladies opened it up for me. I couldn't sit in it, but still gave the interior a nice check. She wanted to button it up again pretty quickly, as others were starting to ask if they could check it too. I figure she let me because I had one on order and have never even seen the inside of one.

My friend is a nurse and she worked a 7pm to 7am shift at the infield hospital. Her pass allowed us to get around very easily. Great parking in the infield too. She's worked the twin 200s as well. One thing she noted was that the sports car drivers are soooo much nicer and way more humble than the Nascar guys.

This year we tried something a bit different. They had a charity event called a taste of the 24. They had 24+ local restaurants set up in the front straight hospitality suites. They had a bunch of bars too. It went from 6-10 and was a VERY good time. Food was crazy good. They had a drawing for a Rolex datejust. I didn't win. I DID win a $100 gift card for one of the restaurants though. My only disappointment was that you couldn't see the track from the suites. The grandstands were in the way. I WAS happy to get out of the cold rain. We packed it in at around 11pm. We watched the finish from my couch on Sunday.

Here are a few pics I grabbed. If you look closely at the one, you can see I caught one of the prototypes just getting into a spin. Lucky timing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #57
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
AndersW, I didn't notice a grey M235. I'm sure I just missed it. Hope you kept warm and had a good time.

This was the first time I've been there since the track's facelift. I noticed that facelift came with MUCH higher prices. $8 beers, $18 lobster rolls, etc.

I DID see a 2017 LBB M2 at the BMW area. Wow. It was essentially my car that will be here in April. Seeing that thing made April seem even further away. One of the ladies opened it up for me. I couldn't sit in it, but still gave the interior a nice check. She wanted to button it up again pretty quickly, as others were starting to ask if they could check it too. I figure she let me because I had one on order and have never even seen the inside of one.

My friend is a nurse and she worked a 7pm to 7am shift at the infield hospital. Her pass allowed us to get around very easily. Great parking in the infield too. She's worked the twin 200s as well. One thing she noted was that the sports car drivers are soooo much nicer and way more humble than the Nascar guys.

This year we tried something a bit different. They had a charity event called a taste of the 24. They had 24+ local restaurants set up in the front straight hospitality suites. They had a bunch of bars too. It went from 6-10 and was a VERY good time. Food was crazy good. They had a drawing for a Rolex datejust. I didn't win. I DID win a $100 gift card for one of the restaurants though. My only disappointment was that you couldn't see the track from the suites. The grandstands were in the way. I WAS happy to get out of the cold rain. We packed it in at around 11pm. We watched the finish from my couch on Sunday.

Here are a few pics I grabbed. If you look closely at the one, you can see I caught one of the prototypes just getting into a spin. Lucky timing.
Yeah buddy, how about that facelift!? Daytona is a seriously nice venue now! I think next year I'm going to stick to the infield food options; specifically the food trucks. There was a BBQ truck in the infield (the midway area) that smelled incredible. We walked across the street from speedway T1 to the Tijuana Flats for dinner, because I didn't want to pay a grip for mediocre food.

I was blown away at how gracious the drivers in WTSC and CTSC were. These guys love their fans. You could literally wander around the Fan Zone & Grid area and just run in to drivers walking around. I did notice that there was a massive disparity in the attention paid to the Taylor boys and Jeff Gordon. The autograph line for Gordon was a mile long. Meanwhile, it took me about 5 minutes of waiting in line to get autographs from guys like Patrick Long (Le Mans winner) and Bill Auberlen (a guy who has been racing for BMW since the 1990's).

Bill was super-cool, but I think Augusto Farfus is probably my favorite current BMW driver. He was so much fun. I think it's his youth that shines through. He just seems like he's having a blast all the time.

Man, I would have LOVED to have been on the other side of the fence. You are seriously one lucky dude! I got some decent shots. I'm gathering them up now and will post in just a few.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 10:44 AM   #58
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'm pretty sure this is when Gordon spun the Mazda. The Mazda driver ran a red at the end of pit lane just as the entire field was rounding T1 toward the International Horseshoe. The Mazda pulled right out in to traffic, and Gordon had nowhere to go. Total shitshow!

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 11:10 AM   #59
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
You can click any of these for larger versions. Captions are below the photograph.

View post on imgur.com

Bill Auberlen and Augusto Farfus having a laugh over something on Bill's phone.

View post on imgur.com

Will Turner getting some important intel.

View post on imgur.com

The traitor Dirk Werner sitting next to the very friendly Patrick Pilet.

View post on imgur.com

Sims, Spengler, Farfus standing for their intro. Auberlen is in the car, of course.

View post on imgur.com

Turner Motorsports grid girls.

View post on imgur.com

Grid girls in their natural habitat, with Will Turner looking a bit like a thinner Ron Perlman.

View post on imgur.com

This guy proposed to his wife, who is sitting in the Park Place Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R.

View post on imgur.com

Alessandro Balzan (rather successfully) interviews Christina Nielson, using an air compressor hose.

View post on imgur.com

Teammates Alessandro Balzan and Christina Nielson hamming it up behind the #63 488 GT3 car.

View post on imgur.com

The #19 M6 GTLM Art Car on the grid.

View post on imgur.com

Bill Auberlen strikes a blue steel pose as Bobby Rahal and Augusto Farfus fraternize with well heeled spectators.

View post on imgur.com

The C7.R has fender flares for days.

View post on imgur.com

Turner Motorsports' #96 M6 GT3 rounds the International Horseshoe on a formation lap.

View post on imgur.com

The #24 and #19 BMW M6 GTLM cars get as close as they will all day to the #69 Ford GT on a formation lap around the International Horseshoe.

View post on imgur.com

The #19 and #24 BMW M6 GTLM cars round the International Horseshoe.

View post on imgur.com

Night falls on Daytona International Speedway as the field starts to spread following a restart.

View post on imgur.com

The Gas Monkey Energy PC car takes the inside line through T1 with the #68 Ford GT close behind.

View post on imgur.com

The field rounds the tri-oval under a full-course yellow.

View post on imgur.com

The JDC-Miller #85 Oreca prototype's brakes glow as they brake hard coming off the oval in to T1.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 07:38 PM   #60
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Great pictures guys!

Appreciate 0