BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #23
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbernard1984 View Post
Finding a shop is the hard part. I talked to several shops that wouldn't do the install because the part were not car specific. Only one shop, that is tuner specific was willing to do it.
Where are you located? I may be able to recommend a shop in your area.

Harold
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 12:00 AM   #24
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 View Post
Yeah, I hear ya. I have my car at a tuner shop right now and am having the Dinan Stage 2 ECU upgrade installed. I met with the owner of this shop and he is Dinan certified and his shop mainly does BMW upgrades and installs. I sent him a email today to let him look over the parts so he can let me know if he will be able to do the full install and how much the labor will be. I will be taking my car back so I can test the Dinan software upgrade and then hopefully I will be bringing it back to the shop to complete the upgrades... for now
There is a good alternative the the Dinan Stage 2 you know.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #25
M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Where are you located? I may be able to recommend a shop in your area.

Harold
That would be great!
I live in Annandale Virginia. 15 min from DC...northern Va area.
      04-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #26
M2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
There is a good alternative the the Dinan Stage 2 you know.
Yeah, that is a good option but the Dinan Stage 2 suspension doesnt replace all of the low-end parts I want replaced, (that I ordered from your website). Dinan does offer the High Perf Bushings kit but I understand that these are just retagged m3 parts for double the cost, but it does come with their warranty.

Your website comparisons PIC's of the OEM 135 parts next to the upgraded parts makes a huge difference when considering the length of time I plan on owning and driving this car. I figrued with the upgraded parts, stiffer bushings I should see better handling and reaction from my car. I want to do springs and shock replacement but dont want a painfully harsh ride. I am doing some more reading on shocks and springs before I consider replacing those. I might wait and just have it all install at the same time. Not sure yet.
      04-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #27
CoolToolGuy
1er Happy Camper!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i,'07 X3

Quote:
That would be great!
I live in Annandale Virginia. 15 min from DC...northern Va area.
Try Here: http://atspeedmotorsports.com/

They did all my Dinan work, plus my Quaife LSD, and more.

Have Fun,
Rick
2009 135i (E82) Space Gray; Gray Leather; Steptronic w/paddles; Premium; Sport; CA - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU; Cold Air Intake; Oil Cooler; Susp. bushings; Strut Brace. - BMWPerf: Suspension; rotors front & rear; exhaust; grilles; sideskirts; trunk spoiler. BMW 261M wheels w/Sumitomo HTR ZIII. - Quaife: LSD. - Custom Graphics.
2007 X3 - 2002 Pontiac Montana
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #28
M2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolToolGuy View Post
Try Here: http://atspeedmotorsports.com/

They did all my Dinan work, plus my Quaife LSD, and more.

Have Fun,
Rick

Thanks for the install shop referral. Wasn't this the shop Steve Dinan was at a few weeks ago?
      04-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #29
CoolToolGuy
1er Happy Camper!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i,'07 X3

Quote:
Thanks for the install shop referral. Wasn't this the shop Steve Dinan was at a few weeks ago?
Absolutely - I learned a lot there.

Have Fun,
Rick
2009 135i (E82) Space Gray; Gray Leather; Steptronic w/paddles; Premium; Sport; CA - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU; Cold Air Intake; Oil Cooler; Susp. bushings; Strut Brace. - BMWPerf: Suspension; rotors front & rear; exhaust; grilles; sideskirts; trunk spoiler. BMW 261M wheels w/Sumitomo HTR ZIII. - Quaife: LSD. - Custom Graphics.
2007 X3 - 2002 Pontiac Montana
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #30
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, that is a good option but the Dinan Stage 2 suspension doesnt replace all of the low-end parts I want replaced, (that I ordered from your website). Dinan does offer the High Perf Bushings kit but I understand that these are just retagged m3 parts for double the cost, but it does come with their warranty.

Your website comparisons PIC's of the OEM 135 parts next to the upgraded parts makes a huge difference when considering the length of time I plan on owning and driving this car. I figrued with the upgraded parts, stiffer bushings I should see better handling and reaction from my car. I want to do springs and shock replacement but dont want a painfully harsh ride. I am doing some more reading on shocks and springs before I consider replacing those. I might wait and just have it all install at the same time. Not sure yet.
I was actually referring to the Dinan Stage 2 ECU flash.

In either case, there is no need to spend double the money for similar or same product.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #31
M2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I was actually referring to the Dinan Stage 2 ECU flash.

In either case, there is no need to spend double the money for similar or same product.
I was going to go for JB3 but I want the warranty coverage and I read that JB3 throws codes.

I got a call from the shop were my car is at and they said that Fed Ex delivered my ECU to the wrong address so one of the Dinan staff had to go to the address it was wrongly delivered to and pick it up. I was told that luckily the ECU box hadn't been opened when the Dinan Rep picked it up and Dinan is flashing it now. I expect to get the car back by tomorrow. Man, this upgrade almost turned into a nightmare...

I would expect this from UPS but FedEx...shipping services are getting pretty lousy. Reputation is just a commercial now.
      04-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #32
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

Did you read that about the JB3 in a Procede thread? I have been through several beta revisions and have not found a single code yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #33
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was going to go for JB3 but I want the warranty coverage and I read that JB3 throws codes.

I got a call from the shop were my car is at and they said that Fed Ex delivered my ECU to the wrong address so one of the Dinan staff had to go to the address it was wrongly delivered to and pick it up. I was told that luckily the ECU box hadn't been opened when the Dinan Rep picked it up and Dinan is flashing it now. I expect to get the car back by tomorrow. Man, this upgrade almost turned into a nightmare...

I would expect this from UPS but FedEx...shipping services are getting pretty lousy. Reputation is just a commercial now.
If you were to flash your 135i with LET Motorsport's flash, all you need to do is drive your car in and 20 minutes later, you are done! That is if there is dealer in your area.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #34
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red135 View Post
Did you read that about the JB3 in a Procede thread? I have been through several beta revisions and have not found a single code yet.
I have ran JB3 for a long time and was a beta tester for Terry as well. The latest JB3 is code free and should not throw any limp home warning either. However, a true software flash is ultimately the way to tune an ECU and I have since moved to the LET Motorsport flash.
Appreciate 0