BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-28-2022, 05:38 AM   #1
Adam_dnb
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i coupe DCT

E92 m3 parts on a 135i, what bits do I need still?

Hi,

Sorry in advance as I'm sure this is asked a lot however I'm a bit of a noob and not sure exactly what it is I need to buy for the conversion.

I have seen this post https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...to+our+E8x%27s

But I have already had a full birds b1 suspension kit fitted which includes springs dampers arbs and quaife lsd and downsized wheels to 245 width 17 inchers so I don't want to order anything from the link above without confirming it will work with these parts. I do want as much as I can feasibly do though as I will keep this car for life so am looking to do things right.

(car is a RHD bmw 135i coupe Dct)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:51 AM   #2
Ggman26z
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_dnb View Post
Hi,

Sorry in advance as I'm sure this is asked a lot however I'm a bit of a noob and not sure exactly what it is I need to buy for the conversion.

I have seen this post https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...to+our+E8x%27s

But I have already had a full birds b1 suspension kit fitted which includes springs dampers arbs and quaife lsd and downsized wheels to 245 width 17 inchers so I don't want to order anything from the link above without confirming it will work with these parts. I do want as much as I can feasibly do though as I will keep this car for life so am looking to do things right.

(car is a RHD bmw 135i coupe Dct)
I also need this information
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 02:55 PM   #3
fast1eddy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Lemans Blue

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
  [0.00]
The front and rear wishbones , tension struts and guide arms. Most beneficial would be to upgrade the rear subframe bushings. I have Whiteline but if I had to do it again I'd try solid aluminum. From what I've read the solid aluminum really locks down the rear without adding any NVH.
The front tension struts do add a fair bit of NVH. I swapped mine back to stock but may give them another try. Loved the way the steering felt with them. A lot more solid.
Another nice upgrade is the E92 M3 steering wheel. Much nicer leather and nice tactile feel.
Appreciate 0