BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-05-2015, 07:55 AM   #1
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
I find it humorous to make a slight turn towards someones parking spot after they have been waiting for the previous vehicle to leave. So yesterday I had went to the grocery store to get my Easter ham and when I turned down a row of spots there was someone waiting. When the person leaving cleared out, I made a short sweeping turn toward the parking spot, the guy waiting gunned it to get in there almost like he wanted to use his Suburban like a battering ram, as I drove past laughing he had his beat red face pressed up against his drivers door window . I then proceeded to the next row and parked way in the back as the parking lot was pretty full, as I was getting out the angry man had tracked me down with his poor pitiful looking wife behind him, asked me if I had a problem, I explained to the gentleman that he should relax because it was just a joke and I had no intention of actually stealing his parking spot. He replied that he doesn't joke and threw in a lot of colorful words showing everyone around his ignorance. This guy acted as if I had actually stolen his spot, it amazes me how worked up people get over nothing. So if I were in a fight club this is how I would initiate a fight with a stranger. I encourage everyone to do this it is pure entertainment, Happy Easter.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 08:05 AM   #2
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
I find it humorous to make a slight turn towards someones parking spot after they have been waiting for the previous vehicle to leave. So yesterday I had went to the grocery store to get my Easter ham and when I turned down a row of spots there was someone waiting. When the person leaving cleared out, I made a short sweeping turn toward the parking spot, the guy waiting gunned it to get in there almost like he wanted to use his Suburban like a battering ram, as I drove past laughing he had his beat red face pressed up against his drivers door window . I then proceeded to the next row and parked way in the back as the parking lot was pretty full, as I was getting out the angry man had tracked me down with his poor pitiful looking wife behind him, asked me if I had a problem, I explained to the gentleman that he should relax because it was just a joke and I had no intention of actually stealing his parking spot. He replied that he doesn't joke and threw in a lot of colorful words showing everyone around his ignorance. This guy acted as if I had actually stolen his spot, it amazes me how worked up people get over nothing. So if I were in a fight club this is how I would initiate a fight with a stranger. I encourage everyone to do this it is pure entertainment, Happy Easter.
People love to hate BMW drivers, I'd hate to have you on here in a few weeks posting pictures of your vandalized 1er.

I initiate road rage literally over nothing somehow. Definitely don't need to turn up the heat, however funny it is to get someone totally bent.

Though I will share this:
I love when someone pulls out right in front of me and fails to get up to road speed in a timely manner. I never brake hard unless I need to, so I coast up behind, then back off a touch. Because my car is so "low" compared to all the trucks, soccer mom assault vehicles, and man vans, they assume I am tailgating them. In reality I'm nearly 2 car lengths back. They then proceed to try to brake check me, while my wife and I howl in laughter as their car bucks and shakes in front of us.

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 04-05-2015 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #3
brocklanders
Major
Rep

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
I live in Texas, the Dodge Ram drivers put us to shame. Yeah I forgot to add at the end that if you do this make sure you do it on your way out of the parking lot. I was very concerned that this unstable man was going to key my car or flatten a tire or two.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 08:26 AM   #4
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

I would probably have taken you up on your fight club offer. If it were another 1'er I could see this being funny. But people get shot by road-ragers for much less. Be careful. If it were me, and I was having a bad day or forgot to take my meds and you did this little manuever, I might've punched you.

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #5
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisapimp View Post
I would probably have taken you up on your fight club offer. If it were another 1'er I could see this being funny. But people get shot by road-ragers for much less. Be careful. If it were me, and I was having a bad day or forgot to take my meds and you did this little manuever, I might've punched you.
Might as well just full on steal the spot, then get out of the car and start frothing at the mouth, screaming incoherently and sprinting about.
      04-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #6
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Might as well just full on steal the spot, then get out of the car and start frothing at the mouth, screaming incoherently and sprinting about.
"Honey... uhhh... call 911."

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #7
brocklanders
Major
Rep

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edisapimp
There is nothing like a good punch in the face. But I would never start a fight with a man that has the word pimp in his name.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #8
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]

I agree that people love to hate on BMWs. If I pass, they speed up. If I'm at a light they love to pull up as close as possible on my ass. I'm getting to the point that I automatically block it out, ignore it and just stick to the windy back roads.
      04-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #9
brocklanders
Major
Rep

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken

I agree that people love to hate on BMWs. If I pass, they speed up. If I'm at a light they love to pull up as close as possible on my ass. I'm getting to the point that I automatically block it out, ignore it and just stick to the windy back roads.
I doubt this has anything to do with a BMW, but what i don't understand is why people take it personally when you pass them on a single lane road. Every now and again I get the itch to put my foot down and if the road is clear I will pass if there is someone if front of me. They act as if I spit in their face, but when you're on a motorcycle they will go off to the shoulder to let you pass.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 10:23 AM   #10
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken View Post
If I pass, they speed up.
Great reason for more power mods.
      04-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #11
6MT_Addict
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken

I doubt this has anything to do with a BMW, but what i don't understand is why people take it personally when you pass them on a single lane road. Every now and again I get the itch to put my foot down and if the road is clear I will pass if there is someone if front of me. They act as if I spit in their face, but when you're on a motorcycle they will go off to the shoulder to let you pass.
This lol. Last summer I had a truck pull out a couple km infront of me, single lane highway in the boonies south of a major city. No issues, he just took his sweet sweet time to get up to speed and then stayed going 80km/h in a 100 zone. After following 3-4 seconds behind the guy I decide to pass, literally no one else on the road. So down into 4th, gas, pass him going about 120-130km/h (70-75ish miles/h it's fun, and I believe arguably safer to pass quickly and efficiently). Anyway as I go past the guy guns it like I'm racing him for the right to his daughters virginity. I easily passed him cuz it was like a 1995 F150, hit the brakes and coast to return to the speed limit, and buddy backs off to continue at some speed below the limit. I don't get it haha

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 12:14 PM   #12
thehalcyon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i MT LeMans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken View Post

Holy crap, I notice this too... If im driving my golf and I pass someone no one tends to speed up and prevent me from trying to. In the 1er, the second I go to pass a car going 10 under the limit he is magically going 20 over when I go to pass... It's usually minivans, suv's, and some pickups here that are the main offenders.

It's really f'ing annoying. Luckily we have cars that are more than capable of passing even when most of these tards have their foot down on the accelerator.

The best was when I once passed a hummer h2 once that was going slow on a single lane road on my way home. Driven by some middle aged woman, she sped up foaming at the mouth with a serious case of road rage. She following me towards home, honking at me and taking pictures of my car with her cellphone while driving.

Last edited by thehalcyon; 04-05-2015 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 02:01 PM   #13
6MT_Addict
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalcyon View Post
Holy crap, I notice this too... If im driving my golf and I pass someone no one tends to speed up and prevent me from trying to. In the 1er, the second I go to pass a car going 10 under the limit he is magically going 20 over when I go to pass... It's usually minivans, suv's, and some pickups here that are the main offenders.

It's really f'ing annoying. Luckily we have cars that are more than capable of passing even when most of these tards have their foot down on the accelerator.

The best was when I once passed a hummer h2 once that was going slow on a single lane road on my way home. Driven by some middle aged woman, she sped up foaming at the mouth with a serious case of road rage. She following me towards home, honking at me and taking pictures of my car with her cellphone while driving.

Appreciate 1
      04-05-2015, 02:19 PM   #14
e36addict
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35iX

Everything mentioned here is so true. And it's very annoying. It's especially bad for me here in TX, land of the overcompensating TRUCKS! It's the worst when I'm driving the Z3 with the top down (AKA-barbie car) and I go to pass a truck doing 55mph in the left lane.. For obvious reasons, they cant be passed by a barbie car in their big manly truck, so they accelerate. Unfortunately for me, the Z3 has about 170whp so I really struggle.
      04-05-2015, 06:32 PM   #15
mr.fabulous
Captain
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

Seek out a Spanish movie called "Wild Tales". The second tale is very disturbing and might make you feel differently about road rage.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #16
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.fabulous View Post
Seek out a Spanish movie called "Wild Tales". The second tale is very disturbing and might make you feel differently about road rage.
I love it when people get serious on car forums.
      04-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #17
brocklanders
Major
Rep

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36addict
Everything mentioned here is so true. And it's very annoying. It's especially bad for me here in TX, land of the overcompensating TRUCKS! It's the worst when I'm driving the Z3 with the top down (AKA-barbie car) and I go to pass a truck doing 55mph in the left lane.. For obvious reasons, they cant be passed by a barbie car in their big manly truck, so they accelerate. Unfortunately for me, the Z3 has about 170whp so I really struggle.
I have the same problem but it's worse when I ride my bike, these big diesel trucks think it's funny to burn coal when they get next to me. But little do they know I like it, I smoke that shit on the weekends.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #18
e36addict
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
I have the same problem but it's worse when I ride my bike, these big diesel trucks think it's funny to burn coal when they get next to me. But little do they know I like it, I smoke that shit on the weekends.
Haha. That happened to me once in the roadster as well.. Guy cut me off in a huge Cummins, so I got right on is ass for a couple seconds, then went around. He proceeded to smoke me out real, real bad.. So once I got around I gave him a big thumbs up. Probably not what he was expecting. I love the smell of diesel.
      04-05-2015, 09:49 PM   #19
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
When some one rides my ass because there's another person going slow in the left lane next to me or im passing and waiting for someone in front of me to move, they stay behind me until they back off. 90% of the cars I see won't be able to get around me if they wanted to. I move to the left, they start to speed up. I give it a little throttle right as our bumper are even, and pass them and get in front to the right. Then I slow and and they get angry. Haha. Then they try to pass again. Same thing happens and I get the bird as I pass them. And I mouth don't drive like an ass. Thinking about getting some signs made that say don't drive like an ass or hang up the phone or whatever and keeping them on the front seat. After a couple times of this they usually get the point and back off my bumper for a mile or 2 and I let them go around with a how ya doing wave and big smile. Specially if I'm already going over the speed limit. No need to be riding my ass. If they want to follow me and throw me a beating I'll be laughing and spitting blood on them.

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 11:48 PM   #20
brocklanders
Major
Rep

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
That reminds me of once on I10 when I was cruising along and some assneck in what must have been a stolen Chevy cruze tried to squeeze in when we came up on traffic. His rear wheel was even with my front as I ran on to the left shoulder to avoid spinning him out. Well his Cruze was no match for the 335, so I passed, stuck him behind me while I drove next to a tractor trailer, when the road opened up to three lanes I gunned it so he couldn't get in front till I found another big rig. I did this from Lake Charles to Beaumont. That dude was pissed, I'm pretty sure if I had gotten a flat or something it would have been a fight to the death.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 06:00 AM   #21
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
I actually got treated worse by traffic when I had my 135is before my 1M. Not sure what that was all about! I think because the 1M is orange and looks a bit alien-like with the fenders and bodykit----people sort of 'stand back' a bit...except interestingly the most douchey drivers I get are generally other BMW drivers (?) and Audi drivers with the 1M. My 135is was a magnet for douchey pick up trucks....lol the worst! the worst!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #22
inFamousKicks
Member.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I don't get too much hate, but I'll frequently get the immediate honking if I'm first at the light

Appreciate 0