BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-24-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
hyphy1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Pre-LCI to LCI (eyebrow) Headlight Swap?

I have the 2010 headlights without the lit eyebrows. Will I be able to swap the old headlights to the LCI headlights with eyebrows?

Anyone here do any swaps/conversions out there? Coding issues?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I don't think there are coding issues as long as the bulb of the headlight stays the same. I like my no brow headlights, however. Maybe you need to find somebody with a later 1 to swap with.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Should be plug and play but is it worth it? Better to do custom LED AEs
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
hyphy1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

To the owner with price as no option, to each their own opinion.

Can anyone confirm perfect fitment of the headlight conversion (xenon to xenon)?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
kore
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: E81 118D N47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphy1 View Post
Can anyone confirm perfect fitment of the headlight conversion (xenon to xenon)?
Perfect fitment is guaranteed with no issues.
LCI headlights are exactly equal to pre-LCI except the eyebrow.

The only problem here is that you have not the wire in the harness which provides signal to the eyebrow.
The solution is easy: on both harness connectors (one for each headlight) you have to put a little piece of wire to make a bridge between the pin of angel eyes signal and the one of eyebrow led signal. It is necesary to buy a pair of pins on your dealer (they are cheap).
I can't remeber the part numbers of the pins because I did it long time ago. But I remeber it was absolutely a simple operation.

That works perfect. Everyone I know they have upgraded to eyebrow headlights have done it this way.

Anyway, if you do this wire modifications to feed the eyebrows or if you don't, you will never have compatibility issues neither dashboard errors. So do it!

I hope this will help you.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
hyphy1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kore View Post

The only problem here is that you have not the wire in the harness which provides signal to the eyebrow.
The solution is easy: on both harness connectors (one for each headlight) you have to put a little piece of wire to make a bridge between the pin of angel eyes signal and the one of eyebrow led signal. It is necesary to buy a pair of pins on your dealer (they are cheap).
I can't remeber the part numbers of the pins because I did it long time ago. But I remeber it was absolutely a simple operation.

That works perfect. Everyone I know they have upgraded to eyebrow headlights have done it this way.

Anyway, if you do this wire modifications to feed the eyebrows or if you don't, you will never have compatibility issues neither dashboard errors. So do it!

That really helped a lot! thanks!
Now to do a little research and search for the part number...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 02:32 AM   #7
sims_drk
Morocco
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kore View Post

Hello hope ur doing well . I have pre lci lci bi xenon headlights ( without eyebrow ) and want to update to lci bi xenon headlights ( with eyebrow ) . I found the headlight on ebay but the part numbers aren't the same . Is that a problem ? Big thanks in advance
Appreciate 0