BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-11-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
PDACPA
Major General
Rep
Drives: F33 M Sport 435i

Garage List
CPO Warranty Question

Looking to purchase a CPO 135 from a BMW dealer. The car was CPO'd by another BMW dealer a few years ago. The dealer I am looking to buy it from took it on trade.

He is trying to tell me that his dealership had to pay an additional $750 to "hyper certify" or some language along those lines to "re-CPO" the CPO.

I do not believe him for one minute, but wanted to verify before I make my offer.

My understanding is the car will get a CPO from a BMW dealer extending the original 4yr 50k to 6yr 100k. That warranty will transfer from one owner to another (except for cars certified after Jan 2014 which will on transfer if purchased through a BMW dealer).

There would be no re-certification is my understanding. Once the car has the CPO it is done.

Can anyone confirm if a BMW dealer has to pay any additional funds when taking a used CPO car in on trade before offering for sale ?