BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #67
DNG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i

I'm pretty sure you're not going to kill it if you drive a few days
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #68
Autobotvu
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i fully equpped

Should I remove the white protective film now or in a couple days when i detail. No clue if it will mess with the paint leaving it on in this hot San Diego weather.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #69
cheshirecat79
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 370z & 135i

Remove it man. Drive the car- it'll be fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #70
Autobotvu
Private
Rep

Blahh so I started to detail today woke up at 8 started at 9.

Filled up 3 buckets 2 grit guards each a cap and a half full of citrus wash for each of the 2 buckets 3rd bucket was rinser.

I started to rinse tires with a little pressure.

Spray the p21 gel the sprey bottle is crap or defected cause it barely spreyed anything out had to attach another sprey from an empty bottle.

I let it dwell a bit and washed it with the citrus bucket and my mitt sprayed it with water to rinse.

sprayed entire car with water then attached foam gun with a capful of citrus and water.

It started getting hot sun was coming out

I tried foaming only half the car and working half at a time rinse the car sheet method their were dried up water spots while I was air blowing all the crevices

I sprayed the V07 optical detailer spray on a waffle weave and spray on the car.
I probably sprayed this on towel and wiped out all spots light pressure.

Than sun got hotter

Car looks Great.

I Mixed dodo slippy lube with water in an empty bottle started spraying the car and clay barring, but the sun was soo hot dried up soo fast I think I used more that detailing spray to clean the dried up clay stuff with some pressure on some microfiber cloths. I don't know if this was a good idea or not but yah I clay ed everything.
I found a couple small scratches and a paint defect or something.

I used Klauss Sealant after and cleaned the rims with opti seal, but the spots kept coming back I probably let it dry up too fast earliar. ALso used opti bond on tire and black 2 black on wells.

I Don't know if I messed up by adding pressure during clay cleaning process or not I should just done it in the evening.

It took me 5 hours to just clean outside the car I may do the rest tomorrow I didn't get to polish figure I do that net time got tired.

I cleaned windows at the end with the invisible glass but some spots were hard to remove is there a easier way get ride of hard spots on glass?

BEFORE :

After:

Last edited by Autobotvu; 08-06-2013 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #71
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Sounds like you really need to find somewhere undercover for detailing.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #72
cheshirecat79
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 370z & 135i

Definitely looks like you still have contamination in the paint.

Pretty sure I mentioned this before, but put a latex glove on a hand and use the clay with the other. When you've clayed the surface, rub your latexed hand over the paint to see if you can feel any more tiny "bumps" on the paint. If you can, clay more.

If it's rail dust, you may need Iron-X to get it off.

As far as doing it in the sun, remember that you don't have to finish up the entire job in one day. You can always divide up each panel and work on them separately during the evening or morning hours when the sun isn't beating directly down on the paint.

If that doesn't work, you could always look into using a water softening filter to remove the minerals from hard water that leave spots on the surface of the paint. There are many out there.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...zed-water.html
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #73
Autobotvu
Private
Rep

Soo annoying i have like extra paint dry up i dont know if u can see 2 nd to the last picture the door edge left has like a bump
Appreciate 0