BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
4GETIT
BLK N BLK, ISS 3 wheels, JuiceBox, Agency Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135I N55 BLK N BLK

Unhappy ANYONE PLEASE HELP with Headlight assembly 2011 N55 135I

Yea, yea, what a dumb ass.

I purchased the bulbs to change angel eye lights from amber to white. It would of been pretty easy but I was in a damn rush to leave on vacation.

Working on the passenger side i removed the back black rear cover from the headlight assembly. By mistake I saw a round silver light plug assembly that I thought was the angle eye bulb. It turned like bulb assemblies do, and after turning it the bulb was hard to remove from the light assembly but eventually came out. Once it was out I observed that it was not a glass bulb but appeared to be some type of ceramic type odd looking bulb. I tried to put it back in but it appeared hard.

I located the correct angle eye bulb and replaced both passenger side and drivers side and replaced the rear black covers back on and got the damn white color I wanted. I then thought I put the ceramic piece back in correctly. I went inside car and left for trip and observed that the head light error came on as well as error light for xenon side to side code.

I got out and observed that the drivers side Xenon head light was not working. (Funny thing was that it was the opposite side that I had the problem with, with the ceramic piece.)

Stopped at dealer on way out of town and advised me that he did not know what the ceramic bulb was. Want me to bring car in next thursday.

Okay any ideas
Past rides: MB CL55 AMG, BMW M3, Porsche 911TURBO, MB CLK63 AMG-BLACK SERIES, 2002 325I, 2003 X5, 2011 BMW 128I, 2010 X3, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE 135I. WHO SAYS GETTING BORED DOES NOT HAVE ITS ADVANTAGES, NO HATTERS PLZ
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 03:39 AM   #2
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Install OEM bulbs again to avoid warranty issues. Let the dealer fix