BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-13-2020, 03:01 PM   #23
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Confused View Post
I connected the controller pins to their proper spot in the plug behind the glovebox. This didn't require any additional cutting or splicing of the harness to the nav unit.
But it is factible to do it with the quadlock of the radio?

If i do the conection with the glovebox, do you have the instructions of the pins there? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 03:23 PM   #24
Captain Confused
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i, 1985 327i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitoncho View Post
Quote:
I connected the controller pins to their proper spot in the plug behind the glovebox. This didn't require any additional cutting or splicing of the harness to the nav unit.
But it is factible to do it with the quadlock of the radio?

If i do the conection with the glovebox, do you have the instructions of the pins there? Thank you!

I know it's possible as I've seen others do it this way. I just didn't see a way without cutting and splicing. You would need to tap into the power and ground and the Can bus Hi and can bus Lo.

The pin outs can be found here below. There are too many variations when I did mine so I wouldn't want to guess on your car since it be different from mine.

But you can remove the glovebox and you'll see the full fuse panel and towards the bottom are two large harness and plugs. They were grey and blue on mine. One of them has the missing pins on the harness and you simply add your wire and pins and reassembly the connector and plug it back it and the controller will operate the cic

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 03:25 AM   #25
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

Quote:
I know it's possible as I've seen others do it this way. I just didn't see a way without cutting and splicing. You would need to tap into the power and ground and the Can bus Hi and can bus Lo.

The pin outs can be found here below. There are too many variations when I did mine so I wouldn't want to guess on your car since it be different from mine.

But you can remove the glovebox and you'll see the full fuse panel and towards the bottom are two large harness and plugs. They were grey and blue on mine. One of them has the missing pins on the harness and you simply add your wire and pins and reassembly the connector and plug it back it and the controller will operate the cic

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

Thank you! I will try that, hope it will work
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 06:38 AM   #26
pavel_ionut
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

I bought the display cable from Amazon, is OEM, very pleased with it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Con...3948786&sr=8-4
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 06:37 PM   #27
Kussarev
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Coupe

M-ask to CIC

Quote:
If youre referring to upgrading from CIC to NBT, yes it can be done but you will need more than just a screen. Its a radio upgrade as well. The plugs between the CIC HU and the NBT screen are not compatible.
Actually I would need to change from M-Ask to CIC, I saw some Android systems and similar screens but I wanted the OEM thing.

I just could not find anyone who did that, and what It would take to do that. Since normally it's not a cheap process, I need as much info/examples as possible.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 07:26 AM   #28
ot242424
Registered
Rep
Drives: E87

Need Help CIC Retrofit

Great work. I am looking forward to the same exactly thing to my E87 2006 (pre-Lci) but got one upcoming problem....

My dash is probably the older one which has not got the curved side downwards...

I am looked in the parts list and find out that the outlines are the same (right one with the red mark is the pre Lci one with the CCC)

My Dash:

The front view of the two trims:

I'm sorry if I reopen this thread for something like this, but I really need help on how to solve this if possible without replacing the entire dash.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 05:46 AM   #29
LOLMEE
Rep
Drives: E82

Sorry to revive this mummy but .. if you could explain the coded needed for it after this many many wierd years would be cool c:
Appreciate 0