BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-09-2019, 01:16 PM   #1
tellreded
Rep
Drives: E82 N52

2A7C

Hey guys. I have a 128i with an n52k motor. I have an intermittent (happens only on cold starts when check engine light is off and doesn't do it all the time. As soon as check engine light is on, the car will start fine with minimal studder when in drive/reverse) problem where when I start my car cold, it will sometimes bog down to between 300 to 500 rpms and then stall. Compression ring is metal and bearing ledge is is worn minimally(ran my fingernail across it and it was still smooth) I replaced my vanos solenoids with cheap 25$ ones and the problem hasn't gone away. Does this issue seem more like a problem with the solenoids/check valves with the screens?(reason I say that is cause crusty gasket maker fell into the valve cover, so I thinking it might be blocking the screens) or like a deffinite issue with the cam bearing ledge? Have pictures if you want me to share.

Last edited by tellreded; 05-10-2019 at 07:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 07:35 PM   #2
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellreded View Post
Hey guys. I have a 128i with an n52k motor. I have an intermittent (happens only on cold starts when check engine light is off and doesn't do it all the time. As soon as check engine light is on, the car will start fine with minimal studder when in drive/reverse) problem where when I start my car cold, it will sometimes bog down to between 300 to 500 rpms and then stall. Compression ring is metal and bearing ledge is is worn minimally(ran my fingernail across it and it was still smooth) I replaced my vanos solenoids with cheap 25$ ones and the problem hasn't gone away. Does this issue seem more like a problem with the solenoids/check valves with the screens?(reason I say that is cause crusty gasket maker fell into the valve cover, so I thinking it might be blocking the screens) or like a deffinite issue with the cam bearing ledge? Have pictures if you want me to share.
well I wouldn't have replaced my solenoids with cheap 25 dollar ones to begin with...
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0