BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-31-2021, 03:20 PM   #1
lupa
Rep
Drives: 135i M Sport

N55 Charge pipe replacement

TL;DR -- Which charge pipe do you guys like the most for 2011 135i, unmodded?

>>>

I know this is an old topic, but my searches are also turning up old info.

I have a 2011 135i, used to be a daily driver, totally unmodified. Over the last year or so I've been using the work truck more and more, and basically just pull it out every once in a while to chew through some back roads in the country around Pittsburgh. It has 117k miles on it.

Broke it out of storage yesterday because the weather is so warm (no winter, apparently) and after about 30 minutes of warm up running errands and soft driving, I figured I'd blow out some carbon as I got onto the interstate to head home.

Instead, going from 2nd to 3rd and about to merge onto the highway, I blew the charge pipe off the intake. It's the original, plastic one, and it definitely split apart in many places. Stock boost, but old pipe...I guess it was time.

I've read a bunch, looked up parts online, see a lot of options and a lot of review, and am wondering what the crowd who knows a hell of a lot more about this than I do likes.

Which replacement pipe do we like the most? I have been waiting on making this car a sleeper (kids, work, life, etc), and money isn't really a concern here, just time. I'm looking for quality, ease of install, and possible future work.

Again, I know this is an old, old topic, but I will say most of the info I'm finding elsewhere is also very old.

So...which charge pipe do we like as a group?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 11:06 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

If you are looking for the best finish, get the Evolution Racewerks. It's the only charge pipe handbuilt in the US.

If you are looking for good fitment and reliability at the best price, get the MAD brand.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      01-03-2022, 02:16 PM   #3
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Give our charge pipe a look we have an unbeatable price and warranty. https://mad-us.com/mad-n55-charge-pi...335-e-chassis/
Appreciate 1