BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-09-2011, 05:43 AM   #23
chrisN
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw 125i coupe

Garage List
2010 125i  [8.66]
pm replied
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #24
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
PM sent.

There was never an order placed. I've sent you a PM.
Because you never accepted my payment. The emails tell the full story.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #25
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Well at least they're responding Can you guys make a functional lip spoiler to aid in down force and keep it under 600 bucks? Nothing super fancy, simple flat plan would be great!
      06-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #26
bogart
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N55 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [7.06]
Starck Enterprises strikes again.
      06-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #27
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
First thing is first. We are NOT going anywhere. We are here. We are not 'running off with anyones' money..............

There are little to no pending orders to any single customer, so we aren't actually holding on to anyone's money.
Tell that to this guy. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...arning+icarbon

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #28
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
It's also crazy that they come in this thread and say their piece, but completely ignore the OP's reason for making the thread. Classic icarbon. Looking out for #1. Regardless if they are Starck or not, the pieces are the same so.........

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #29
Black Sheep
A Zip an a Double Cup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

iCarbons garbage & far from perfect... Find something else and move on...

PTF Tuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #30
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
From day 1 you've had a personal vendetta with our company on these forums. Without ever being a customer or inquiring about any products at all.
I was deployed to Iraq when your products were announced. I planned on getting a trunk and hood. I spent the whole summer following your group buy thread. I only spoke a couple times saying the wait was rediculous and then after seeing people get messed up parts. If tomorrow, you guys said you fixed everything and there was no one on the forums with problems regarding your parts and more impotantly getting them resolved, I would get a trunk and hood. Unfortunately, that wont be the case, but I'll keep my faith that one day it will work out for you guys.

You guys just aren't making it very easy for yourselves. Make your customers happy. Period. Do what it takes to make them praise you on the forums. Then people like me wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Hell I'd be right with them on the group buy page. I've purchased from every other vendor on this forum, there is no vendetta against you guys.

I would speak the same about any other product. Unfortunately your product and the vendor (yourselves) are one in the same. So if the product is flawed, and the vendor sucks, well, stuff like this is gonna happen.

Here's what I'm hoping.

1. You guys fixed your manufacturing process as you said before.
2. You guys sold the rights to your product to "Starck"
3. Starck will be reputable and logistically sound.
4. I can buy with confidence.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #31
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
I was deployed to Iraq when your products were announced. I planned on getting a trunk and hood. I spent the whole summer following your group buy thread. I only spoke a couple times saying the wait was rediculous and then after seeing people get messed up parts. If tomorrow, you guys said you fixed everything and there was no one on the forums with problems regarding your parts and more impotantly getting them resolved, I would get a trunk and hood. Unfortunately, that wont be the case, but I'll keep my faith that one day it will work out for you guys.

You guys just aren't making it very easy for yourselves. Make your customers happy. Period. Do what it takes to make them praise you on the forums. Then people like me wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Hell I'd be right with them on the group buy page. I've purchased from every other vendor on this forum, there is no vendetta against you guys.

I would speak the same about any other product. Unfortunately your product and the vendor (yourselves) are one in the same. So if the product is flawed, and the vendor sucks, well, stuff like this is gonna happen.

Here's what I'm hoping.

1. You guys fixed your manufacturing process as you said before.
2. You guys sold the rights to your product to "Starck"
3. Starck will be reputable and logistically sound.
4. I can buy with confidence.

^^^THIS

Can you copy this and paste it in those OTHER threads from vendors?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #32
M135
Professional Rookie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
What about this poor guy iCarbon?

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=126

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdegrasse View Post
I ordered CF Grills and CF plate on july 27 ... 2010...

Every now and then i get tentative ship dates. Naturally there is allays an excuse

My car is in the garage for winter right now, but if i don't get anything by end of month, im getting my money back

Can you imagine 8 months for CF Grills?!
      06-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #33
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Did i miss something, or did all the iCarbon replies magically disappear?

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #34
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
It's also crazy that they come in this thread and say their piece, but completely ignore the OP's reason for making the thread. Classic icarbon. Looking out for #1. Regardless if they are Starck or not, the pieces are the same so.........

I can't wait until Micha gets his German manufacture of CF products up and running. He is gonna kick their butts in the CF market! he has gotten so burned by iCarbon ignoring him.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #35
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Wow, why were the icarbon responses deleted??
      06-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #36
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Well, I hate to say this but I think I may have gotten caught up in this drama too. I am going to try and keep faith and hope for a good outcome but after reading this post I'm not feeling very confident. I'm posting this not to bash anybody but to give other potential buyers a bit of info of what can happen. I'm going to give it a few days to try and let things workout before I post all the details but here is the jist.

- I ordered an Icarbon part from a dealer who told me it was in stock.
- Through forum posts , Pm's, and talking on the phone I was led to believe the part was on hand and in stock at the VENDOR. This is why I ordered from this particular vendor attempting to avoid the ICarbon drama I had read about.
- Turns out my item is being shipped directly from ICarbon and not the vendor. If I had known this was going to be the case I WOULD NOT HAVE ORDERED.
- 16 days later credit card has been charged and still no ship confirmation.
- Supposedly, IC shipped it today but they have not sent a tracking # to the vendor.
- Fingers are crossed that I get a phone call tomorrow with a tracking #.

Vendors, I hope you are following these types of posts. If IC does not get themselves back on track they will bring you down and tarnish your reputation if you continue to sell their products. It will cost you business.

All that being said, I hope everybody's issues get resolved and IC gets on track and continues to provide the BMW community with quality products. We will see, if I don't get track number by Tues. I am getting a refund.
      06-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #37
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M135 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
Wow, why were the icarbon responses deleted??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadeness View Post
Well, I hate to say this but I think I may have gotten caught up in this drama too. I am going to try and keep faith and hope for a good outcome but after reading this post I'm not feeling very confident. I'm posting this not to bash anybody but to give other potential buyers a bit of info of what can happen. I'm going to give it a few days to try and let things workout before I post all the details but here is the jist.

- Through forum posts , Pm's, and talking on the phone I was led to believe the part was on hand and in stock at the VENDOR. This is why I ordered from this particular vendor attempting to avoid the ICarbon drama I had read about.
- Turns out my item is being shipped directly from ICarbon and not the vendor. If I had known this was going to be the case I WOULD NOT HAVE ORDERED.
- Supposedly, IC shipped it today but they have not sent a tracking # to the vendor.

Vendors, I hope you are following these types of posts. If IC does not get themselves back on track they will bring you down and tarnish your reputation if you continue to sell their products. It will cost you business.

All that being said, I hope everybody's issues get resolved and IC gets on track and continues to provide the BMW community with quality products. We will see, if I don't get track number by Tues. I am getting a refund.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #38
chrisN
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw 125i coupe

Garage List
2010 125i  [8.66]
omfg did they just disappear AGAIN
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 11:49 PM   #39
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
And i thought we were making progress.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #40
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadeness View Post

Sorry to hear mate. Hopefully you get your parts soon but I have a feeling you might be waiting a while
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #41
Liub
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E8

Moral of the story is, buy stuff that's in stock, if it isn't in stock and isn't in transit within a week contact your CC provider and lodge in a claim with them directly.

I, too, learned it the hard way from Brian@EWS (no longer around these parts it seems) and iCarbon... and probably also Alufelgen lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 12:41 AM   #42
Kcyrusm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT

Hmm, I just checked back up on this thread and there was much to catch up on. It's def peculiar that iCarbon's posts disapeared... Anyways, I'm glad they are still around.

I'm also amused that my original post didn't get answered by them when they made an appearance. W/e... I guess I SHOULD just paint it anyways.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 12:54 AM   #43
Kcyrusm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
You know it! It's leased so it's only a matter of time haha.
You know... I do have the option of buying the car as well after my lease is up, lol. I'm not sure what route I'll be going, as I've been spending a lot of money on the car. I guess it depends if any other car comes out in the future that catches my eye.

Hmm... maybe you can score some brownie points though and sway my decision. I'll pm you with details
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 03:24 AM   #44
matt
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: munichs finest

i saw icarbon doing some business in germany...theres a guy on the german 1series forum who sells it.