BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #177
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 sDrive 28i

@Greg...
Let's just say my dealer is in southern California.

I only go on to the BMWUSA site and call the 800# for kicks. I really haven't been trusting anything as up to date as much as the WW site. This morning it said "delivered from" and "discharged from". I work with logistics people so I know there is way to pre-clear shipments before they get to port but do you notice how there isn't a "1" next to customs release and liner release on the WW site? Maybe cars can't pre-clear without a second approval? I am guessing it might take a few days for ours to clear, then get on a truck, then I get my phone call. I say.. delivery will be this week for sure for most of us. HOPE.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #178
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBooBoo View Post
@Greg...
Let's just say my dealer is in southern California.

I only go on to the BMWUSA site and call the 800# for kicks. I really haven't been trusting anything as up to date as much as the WW site. This morning it said "delivered from" and "discharged from". I work with logistics people so I know there is way to pre-clear shipments before they get to port but do you notice how there isn't a "1" next to customs release and liner release on the WW site? Maybe cars can't pre-clear without a second approval? I am guessing it might take a few days for ours to clear, then get on a truck, then I get my phone call. I say.. delivery will be this week for sure for most of us. HOPE.
Then my money is on you to get it first and I'll say maybe I'll be the first 1 to get my 1.

Ooh, I haven't checked the WW site yet to see any new entries. I think by Wednesday or Thursday they'll get to the Southern CA dealers for sure. Edit - just went and checked and mine does say "discharged" on 4-20, then "delivered from" on 4-22. Wonder if that means it got on a truck today or just delivered from their logistics to the BMW location at the port. Hmm.

By the way, I've been trying to get my friend to at least test drive the X1 before she makes the awful mistake of getting something like a Ford Edge or Explorer, so wondering what color you got on the X1 since I'm partial of course to mineral grey (color of my 135is), and also curious if you got the M Sport package on there.

Last edited by gregthegr8; 04-22-2013 at 01:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #179
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Then my money is on you to get it first and I'll say maybe I'll be the first 1 to get my 1.

Ooh, I haven't checked the WW site yet to see any new entries. I think by Wednesday or Thursday they'll get to the Southern CA dealers for sure. Edit - just went and checked and mine does say "discharged" on 4-20, then "delivered from" on 4-22. Wonder if that means it got on a truck today or just delivered from their logistics to the BMW location at the port. Hmm.

By the way, I've been trying to get my friend to at least test drive the X1 before she makes the awful mistake of getting something like a Ford Edge or Explorer, so wondering what color you got on the X1 since I'm partial of course to mineral grey (color of my 135is), and also curious if you got the M Sport package on there.
I think that the most important thing to watch for is customs release and liner release. That to me sounds like customs clearing our vehicles and putting it on a truck to head towards the dealers. It has to clear at least by Wednesday unless your car had extensive damage ( I pray nobody has this). Basically, we are all in the same "boat" being neurotic together unless someone can see the future. No, I did not get the M sport package but I would have loved it. Maybe on my next car This is my first BMW. I got the Glacier Silver Metallic. "Shine bright like a diamond...!!!" Is your dealer South Bay?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #180
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Alas, I TRIED to order from South Bay since they claim to match or beat any other dealer's offer. After "ordering" from them on Feb. 3, they seemingly dragged their feet for over a week, then said, oh, we don't have any allocations, kept saying they'd get me #s for my deal, never did, and they even suggested that while I wait for their next allocation, I put in same order at other dealers.

So, on Feb. 14, put one in at Pacific BMW in Glendale, they didn't have current allocations available either, but the guy said he would work tirelessly and contact his rep to see if he can get another slot or swap with another dealer who had an unused one. Few days later, he was able to snag a production slot, we put in my order, and I was good to go with a great deal, too (which I'd already sent South Bay to match/beat). So, not too happy with South Bay as they seemingly cost me 2-3 weeks, but will all work out in the end. They did keep stressing constantly about the free car washes I could have even though I told them several times I lived 20 miles away so probably wasn't driving over there for a car wash.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #181
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Heyyyy, FINISHING TOUCHES!!!!

1-800# still says at port awaiting a shipping vessel but my dealer said it will be ready for pickup probably Saturday or Sunday.
Attached Images

Last edited by gregthegr8; 04-23-2013 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #182
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Heyyyy, FINISHING TOUCHES!!!!

1-800# still says at port awaiting a shipping vessel but my dealer said it will be ready for pickup probably Saturday or Sunday.
I am jealous. I am not even in finishing touches yet.
What does the WW site say? Customs Release?
Mine hasn't changed since Monday morning.

Waiting is agonizing. It's like being starved and watching someone eating in front of you.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #183
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
I am jealous. I am not even in finishing touches yet.
What does the WW site say? Customs Release?
Mine hasn't changed since Monday morning.

Waiting is agonizing. It's like being starved and watching someone eating in front of you.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #184
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Cruel... very cruel! haha! I am in OC and I guess maybe LA will get theirs first. I was reading old posts seeing that people knew how many cars the Toreador could hold. WOW! hehe... I noticed there were 1700 other cars on my same booking so does that mean 1700+ BMWs were on board along with other brands? Sometimes when I am driving on the 405 I picture seeing a truck with my car on it... heading to my dealer. This might be the longest week of my life but I have to admit, I am happy your car moved to finishing touches. It gives us all hope that we are getting closer!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #185
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Cruel... very cruel! haha! I am in OC and I guess maybe LA will get theirs first. I was reading old posts seeing that people knew how many cars the Toreador could hold. WOW! hehe... I noticed there were 1700 other cars on my same booking so does that mean 1700+ BMWs were on board along with other brands? Sometimes when I am driving on the 405 I picture seeing a truck with my car on it... heading to my dealer. This might be the longest week of my life but I have to admit, I am happy your car moved to finishing touches. It gives us all hope that we are getting closer!
Okay that was more about an imposter having to pretend to be a vegetarian, but works just the same.

I think you're losing it if you're having visions of trucks with your car on them. Their online tracking thing is pretty crappy and usually lags by a few days. Took 3-4 after our boat left to show as en route.

And the buyer of my existing car just moved up his pick up date to Friday afternoon, so now the earliest I could even get mine is Friday, so will all work out perfectly. They'll all be there in a couple of days, no worries.

I've done this with my last 2 cars, so know the drill. PAINFUL is my last car that took 9 days to get from the port (San Diego) to LA. And when it got to the dealer, I rushed over and it sat on the truck for another hour or so and all in all, I was there for SIX hours before I could take it home. Trust me, having to sit and wait through the PDI process is even worse. I'd rather just go and pick it up when it's ready.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #186
AZ-135is
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Space Gray 135IS DCT

I am in "finishing touches" as well. My sales agent left me a message that it should be here Friday or Saturday.

The long wait is almost over.......

Randy
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #187
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Thanks for the heads up Randy. If you sales agent is expecting yours out there by Friday or Saturday, gotta think ours should be here maybe 1 day earlier since we're about an hour from the VDC.

Getting excited?!

I think I'm getting quite antsy and probably annoying everyone I know at this point.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #188
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep

I hope there are no delays for MY 2014 cars!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #189
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Don't think so. I've seen 2014 X1s at dealers. Who knows. We'll all have them probably by this weekend, so wouldn't worry.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #190
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

Greg and all:

Generally speaking, do we think the 135is cars take longer at the port on account of the accessory installation? My 128i should hit the port this Thursday and I'm still a bit nervous about getting it by the following Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 01:13 AM   #191
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

I think we'll find out shortly as EatMyDust has a non "is" and Kitty has an X1, so think we've got a decent mix. If I get mine Friday or Saturday, that will be exactly 7 days from port if Friday, 8 if Saturday. Use us as a good gauge.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #192
EatMyDust
Recovering Audiphile
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i; 2007 X3; 2001 A4

My rep originally said I'd have it Thursday but heard last night it won't be released from the port til end of the week and won't get up here til Sunday or Monday ... Thought I had a shot at the checkered flag but looks like its going to someone else.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #193
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Hmm. Not sure if us southerners should consider that good news or bad news cause gotta assume we would get it at least one day before. I just want mine Friday cause I'm going to be in the area near the dealer, 15 miles from home and am going to need a ride! Could take a cab or perhaps a train or bus, but I guess I'd rather just buy a new Friday night so I can drive across town and go home.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #194
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep

Just heard from my CA who said my car "has arrived at the prep center and that delivery won't be long now". Very vague I would say since he probably does not know how obsessive I have been over here tracking the cargo ship and WW site. He should know a little more about timing since he does this all the time but I would make a guess of Saturday. Just a guess.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #195
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

I don't think the WW site is going to give you any further info ever again after the boat ran away to Washington. Just my sense.

That's interesting as Kouper had said the other day that his sales guy also knew when it got moved into the prep center (VDC). My guy hasn't given me too much detail other than he expects it will be ready to be picked up this weekend. I just wish we were able to access the real time info/system the dealer has on our own using our info and production/vin #. Or, turn on our nav systems if installed so we can GPS locate and watch it like a hawk.

I'm just trying to keep myself busy and want it there Friday hopefully. Saturday as a last resort. Turning in my beloved Hyundai Accent rental car tomorrow so darn well better get here soon. In the meantime, I'll stare at my new BMW keychain I guess...and figure out what tint to get.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #196
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep

Quote:
I don't think the WW site is going to give you any further info ever again after the boat ran away to Washington. Just my sense.

That's interesting as Kouper had said the other day that his sales guy also knew when it got moved into the prep center (VDC). My guy hasn't given me too much detail other than he expects it will be ready to be picked up this weekend. I just wish we were able to access the real time info/system the dealer has on our own using our info and production/vin #. Or, turn on our nav systems if installed so we can GPS locate and watch it like a hawk.

I'm just trying to keep myself busy and want it there Friday hopefully. Saturday as a last resort. Turning in my beloved Hyundai Accent rental car tomorrow so darn well better get here soon. In the meantime, I'll stare at my new BMW keychain I guess...and figure out what tint to get.
In the meantime, you can stare at your keychain and go to this link over and over again :

http://www.e90post.com/vpc/index.asp.htm
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #197
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
In the meantime, you can stare at your keychain and go to this link over and over again :

http://www.e90post.com/vpc/index.asp.htm
Pff, I've already read that twice...WEEKS and WEEKS ago!

I don't want mine showing up though til late Thursday/early Friday since I can't take it til Friday night and it'd be torture to let it sit there.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #198
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Pff, I've already read that twice...WEEKS and WEEKS ago!

I don't want mine showing up though til late Thursday/early Friday since I can't take it til Friday night and it'd be torture to let it sit there.
Well yeah Greg... I hope so!! We all have been reading it. I read it almost every other day now. We all want our cars ASAP. It's still nice to look at it and picture our cars making it through to the truck. I sometimes go on youtube to watch people pick up their cars at the dealer. Ooops did I say that out loud?!

I saw a red 123 today with a 1addicts sticker. It made me think of all of us here.. patiently waiting.

I can't wait to see your post when you finally get your car
Appreciate 0