BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #45
spiceyxi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 528i, '06 Z4C & '13 135i

+1 for love of the PPK1 & PE. Love the burbles and cracks that I get to hear when driving. I have a DCT and got both installed at the same time.

I picked up the PE when BMW USA had a price drop. Currently $877 online. I bought both and installed both through my local BMW dealership. Probably overpaid, but my car is under a warranty so it seemed like the safest way to keep it and still get the awesome sound and experience.

The dealership did have a hard time identifying the PPK. I had to provide them with an item code.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #46
hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i E82 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceyxi View Post
+1 for love of the PPK1 & PE. Love the burbles and cracks that I get to hear when driving. I have a DCT and got both installed at the same time.

I picked up the PE when BMW USA had a price drop. Currently $877 online. I bought both and installed both through my local BMW dealership. Probably overpaid, but my car is under a warranty so it seemed like the safest way to keep it and still get the awesome sound and experience.

The dealership did have a hard time identifying the PPK. I had to provide them with an item code.
i couldn't ever imagine returning to stock (no PPK/PE).
Appreciate 1
Esteban43718.00
      09-03-2018, 10:12 PM   #47
spiceyxi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 528i, '06 Z4C & '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunginator View Post
i couldn't ever imagine returning to stock (no PPK/PE).
The only time I could imagine doing this is 1) to remove the PE to sell the car or 2) if my wife takes the 135i as her main car as the Z4C is getting up their in age and I refuse to sell it and she doesn't like the noise.

I kept my stock exhaust just in case. Which btw was able to fit in the car with the seats folded down.

Otherwise to me it is perfect and makes me smile every time I drive the car and get some pops out of it. However, I do admit the pops and burbals can draw some unwanted attention even when driving slowly and relatively sanly.
Appreciate 0