BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #45
3rdgear
Private
China
Rep
Drives: black 1m gt 535i

Mission completed, all they did was to pull the tube out of the flower pot and the flap was opened, no grinding off block off plate or anything else was needed. Now all 4 pipes are working and sounds wonderful, the rattling sound from the flower pot is also gone n sound is deeper n the bubbling sound is music to my ears. Very happy now, actually not as loud as I thought tho, just right I say. So thanks again guys for the helpful info!!!!! Installing my Cobb soon. Apparently that will improve the exhaust sound, will update soon
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #46
3rdgear
Private
China
Rep
Drives: black 1m gt 535i

Gents, mods completed with ak in permanent red mode along with ape intake, forge intercooler and Cobb accessport, my mods qualifies me to install stage 1+ but I tried it with stage 1 with stock throttle and it was nice and smooth, not a noticeable different and after 20 kms I switched it to Linear throttle and the response was insane, the pull was
For those of you who don't have Cobb yet, go for it. At first I was extremely sapiticial about tuning me car but I'm so glad I went for it, like others have said, it wakes the car up and with the new exhaust sound and hp it really feels like I'm driving an even better car, can't wait to try the stage 1+, you can probably hear me scream from the US
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #47
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider View Post
What I was trying to point out is that the 1M's N54 midpipes have cats, but no resonators, whereas the N55 midpipes have no cats, but does have a resonator. Cats, of course, restrict flow and resonators quiet down sound. So all other things remaining equal, it seems logical there will not be a major upgrade in terms of sound if one were to go from N54 to N55 midpipes on their 1M. If you have a video clip or objective data that proves otherwise, I'd love to see it as I wouldn't mind getting a small sound (and HP) bump on my current exhaust setup.
Do you have catted DP's? Just wondered what the performance/sound would be like would be like with the N54 mid pipes mated to Catted Dp's and Akra exhaust or similar
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #48
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
We just punched my blocking plate out and I have full flow all the time to all pipes.

Sounds awesome,
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #49
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Here is catless DP, Mad Dad Mid and Aka Slip-On:

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 08:15 PM   #50
sirbuler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1M

Hi folks, I am about to pop out the plate of my Akra slip on. I feel the sound with the plat is too muffled!

I also have installed the MadDad mids....but it is still too muffled..

Is there any good video where I can hear it in full open mode while driving?
Any issue with increased drone?
135i cabrio 6spd - Sold
991.1 PDK Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #51
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Are you sure there isn't a plate in your ear?

Damn, Mad Dad's plus open Akra should be friggin loud.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #52
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbuler View Post
Hi folks, I am about to pop out the plate of my Akra slip on. I feel the sound with the plat is too muffled!

I also have installed the MadDad mids....but it is still too muffled..

Is there any good video where I can hear it in full open mode while driving?
Any issue with increased drone?
Ya it's loud as f*ck if you are running catless DPs. Had to revert back to my N55 mids. You may dig it but it does get old after awhile.
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 05:45 PM   #53
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: ‘11 BSM 1M | ‘14 Caterham 485S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
Ya it's loud as f*ck if you are running catless DPs. Had to revert back to my N55 mids. You may dig it but it does get old after awhile.
I was running my Akra exhaust with stock downpipes and a maddad mid but then I had to change back to my N54 midpipe after I installed catless downpipes. The drone was unbearable and it went away when I took out the maddad.
For some reason I've now become interested in switching to the N55 mids, but I wanted to get some feedback first.
If I do the swap, I would have:
- AR Design downpipes
- N55 mid pipe
- Akra exhaust with wireless valve

Anyone tried something similar?
      12-22-2018, 07:03 PM   #54
Mogge94
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe, Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorst View Post
I was running my Akra exhaust with stock downpipes and a maddad mid but then I had to change back to my N54 midpipe after I installed catless downpipes. The drone was unbearable and it went away when I took out the maddad.
For some reason I've now become interested in switching to the N55 mids, but I wanted to get some feedback first.
- AR Design downpipes
- N55 mid pipe

I would recommend you getting the Akra Mids if it fits the budget But you´d be good to go with n55 also. Won´t be much of a drone either
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 10:34 PM   #55
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogge94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorst View Post
- AR Design downpipes
- N55 mid pipe

I would recommend you getting the Akra Mids if it fits the budget But you´d be good to go with n55 also. Won´t be much of a drone either
I ended up swapping back in my N54 1M mids and let go of the N55 mids. I still feel like the exhaust needs more resonance but the cats seem to help better.
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 06:20 PM   #56
hienie1m
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1m

Hi, i got the wireless kit for the akrapovic system for awhile now, but never happy how i have to turn on the light to open/close the valve. Is there a another method to connect the red wire to instead to the original tail light connector? Thanks for any help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 08:26 PM   #57
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hienie1m View Post
Hi, i got the wireless kit for the akrapovic system for awhile now, but never happy how i have to turn on the light to open/close the valve. Is there a another method to connect the red wire to instead to the original tail light connector? Thanks for any help.
Its an interesting question. I too hate the little cigarette lighter bluetooth button. mine flickers between red and white. is there a fix for that?

Though having it attached to a wired switch, that might be better

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 08:16 AM   #58
Alan1M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hienie1m View Post
Mine is hooked into the fuse box behind the glove box. Routing the wire was easy - just tucked it under the interior trim / panels with no removal of anything required. Is that an option for you?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 06:58 AM   #59
Rajvosa
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

In Australia our modes have 12v socket in the boot. That’s where I connected the valve wiring. Does your 1M have the plug there too?
Appreciate 0