12-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #67
spellbmw
Feuertrunken
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY10 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by emthree4me View Post
So! in this case, There are very good arguments that makes merit to build a case on both side of the fence.
Yup, and all we must do is read, think, check it out for ourselves, if we can, and make our own decisions about how we feel about it. Above all, whatever ya choose to drive -- enjoy the ride and your life!

PS -- sorry if I inadvertently offended you with my comments. Not my intention. Just meant to say, 'exert your freedom to decide and enjoy your choices, whatever they might be.'
      12-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #68
Tessio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

Hope so.

If you drive it and love it and can afford it, why would it even cross your mind to run it by the internet put-down artists before making a decision?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #69
jmunro
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133 View Post
I dont think the 1M should be called that at all. The M3 is overweight, over priced, and kind of normal for $60,000+

I would take a twin turbo 6 over an NA 8 any day of the week. Its sad to say but with a tune, exhaust, and a few other goodies and the 1m will dominate EVERY M3 it comes across as long as its still NA. (not pulling the mod card either here its just what will happen)

bang for buck? I give it to the 1M. Bang a hot chick? I give it to the M3
If you need an M3 to bang a hot chick, you need to visit the plastic surgeon and skip the M3. That being said, a simple tune on the M1 will likely make the M3 and M3 GTS look silly... as long as it doesn't go LIMP!

Although I'm underwhelmed with the engine, the 1M is probably everything a 135i owner would like to change on their car in terms of chassis, handling, and possibly looks...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #70
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Probably exactly what some pretty short sighted people said about the E30 M3 compared to the E30 325 years ago.. I bet none of those haters would raise their hands up now and repeat the same thing..

Let's see... buy the limited edition 1M.. which will only be out for a single year..... let's say 3K total made....or the 135, of which 3K are made each week... hold onto both 15 years and tell me which person is the dumb one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novator View Post
+1

Word of advice, I wouldn't want an N54 motor out of warranty. I've felt that pain.