BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-21-2018, 10:54 AM   #45
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by low135 View Post
Yeah I hear you completely. I told him that only in regards to a 2013 128 he was looking at with 27k miles and some decent options. He's all over the place with what he's looking at. Literally just sent me a 2011 N55 135 with 74k miles for $12k.
That pricing might make sense for a 2013 with only 27k miles and a lot of options. I will say that it's easy to get bored with the power of the 128i. It is 230hp stock which is fine, it's not slow, but it's not fast. And the potential for more power down the road through mods is very limited compared to the 135i. On track, my car falls into the "sorta like a Miata" category... i.e. you have to drive it well in the corners to keep up pace with a lot of the other cars... which is extremely rewarding, but sometimes you want a little more coming off a corner and it'll never be there even with headers/tune/MILVs/etc. The offset to that is lower operating and maintenance costs.

The difference in 128i and 135i pricing is minimal at this point. He should be really honest with himself on what he is looking for now and in the near future before purchasing. I bought 5 years ago when the price difference was quite a bit more but if I were buying today, I'd be really torn on which way to go.
Appreciate 1
Gangplank1540.50
      12-21-2018, 04:54 PM   #46
Tommm
Driven Crazy
United_States
Rep
Drives: his wife nuts 128i 6m

Wow, with the prices you guys paid I should have bought my daughter a 128i with three pedals instead of the 323Ci with 87k I got ripped off for 5k and it needed brakes since they were original.
      12-21-2018, 05:33 PM   #47
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Here's a 2011 128i manual in white with red leather for $8500, fwiw. Unfortunately, the dealer hasn't posted pics, yet:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4223/overview/
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 07:33 PM   #48
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
Honestly this entire post is silly, you guys flamed this poor woman because she has sentimental value in her used to be pride and joy. When in reality she doesn't realize her market is smaller than most of the country, you see we live in or around Houston where it's all big oil money and most sixteen year olds have brand new three series BMW's, no one here wants a one series believe me I had one it's a tough sell at any price. She will most likely throw those extra parts on the BST forum on this site, which I have also done with great success, this is a great site with a great community, and sell the car to Texas Auto Direct where she will get the best price and cash in hand. So if anyone wants near perfect OEM wheels start throwing offers around.

My advice to the OP is go to Texas Auto Direct get a quote and take anything from anyone who offers you more. If you have to sell the spare parts, it's a pain in the ass because your going to have to ship them, and shipping wheels is no fun.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #49
xuezhu826
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
Honestly this entire post is silly, you guys flamed this poor woman because she has sentimental value in her used to be pride and joy. When in reality she doesn't realize her market is smaller than most of the country, you see we live in or around Houston where it's all big oil money and most sixteen year olds have brand new three series BMW's, no one here wants a one series believe me I had one it's a tough sell at any price. She will most likely throw those extra parts on the BST forum on this site, which I have also done with great success, this is a great site with a great community, and sell the car to Texas Auto Direct where she will get the best price and cash in hand. So if anyone wants near perfect OEM wheels start throwing offers around.

My advice to the OP is go to Texas Auto Direct get a quote and take anything from anyone who offers you more. If you have to sell the spare parts, it's a pain in the ass because your going to have to ship them, and shipping wheels is no fun.
Got an offer from BMW dealer, as you can imagine, not good. So I decide to keep it for now.
Appreciate 1
Suprgnat2317.00