BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #23
Vrumpkin
Seymour J. Vrumpkin
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Out of the box, pound for pound, dollar for dollar there just ins't a car that can do (and do for you) what the 1M does.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M2,Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny jones View Post
So the tires are not good whots on the 1m (whot are they standerd??) make?
And yes am thinking of going back to tuned RS Focus or Evo??

Atom is no good as i like to get fishing rods in back buddy!
First drive wasn't good,salesman in the back of the car,traction on etc,basically had read good things about them and seen them first at the nurburgring and loved the look,pretty much took my chance on the car as the test drive didn't do the car any favours at all,likewise,my last quick car was ex Norris Designs Evo 8 pushing over 600 bhp,dog box,caged etc,so the Beemer felt pretty tame,C63 was on my list to look at and had a run in one from a guy i know locally,quick car indeed,but not so track focused and i have an image of the C class being an old mans car,do love the note though,I'd buy one for the sound,didn't like the depreciation with the Merc,but still a very nice car,definitely in a different league from the Evo,Merc vs Bmw M,Bmw always seem to come out on top and after some miles and a few trackdays,i wouldn't look back at a tuned Evo etc,loving the 1M,excellent fun and still pretty quick,the six speed manual is fairly long geared which makes acceleration feel slower,not till you wind it up and rev through the gears,you see and feel that its no slouch,kind of taken a bit of time to grow on me,you mentioned it feels flat,wrong there,just has so much torque from very little revs that give it that feel,my car still standard power wise,guess it would be different remapped and the power up,but yet to feel the need for more power when using the car,as mentioned,tyres make a difference and guess some softer suspension would be nice for bumpy B roads,overall,a very good little car and with low numbers in the U.K,always going to be rare and desirable.the M3 is a nice drive with the V8 and the dct is a nice touch,very impressed with it,to much of them around,the 1M is that little bit different,guess you've got to be into them or needing one,definitely an enthusiasts car and with time/miles,I'm sure you would love it
Appreciate 0