BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
N55_BBM
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

High gloss CF grilles.. which ones to get?

Hey guys, looking forward to replacing my stock chrome grilles on my AW 135i..

I initially thought of ordering them in AW to match the car and get that aggressive look, but now I'm starting to lean towards CF since I plan on buying a CF diffuser sometime soon.

Thing is I don't really like matte CF.. I like the glossy CF like in the iCarbon diffuser, especially since I need something to match the glossyness of the shadowline trim... So with all those different brands of CF grilles out there, thought I'd ask which brand you guys recommend. As long as it's not WAY more expensive than the other ones of course!

Keep in mind that my vertical slats are chrome and I do NOT want to go through the trouble of painting them (b/c I read iCarbon only sells the outer frame for the CF grill and you have to supply your own slats)..

any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

I like the look if you have the carbon theme throughout the car. If you don't have the carbon theme, then IMO they look out of place.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
N55_BBM
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

well i'm definitely getting the iCarbon rear diffuser in a glossy finish.

i'll probably get the mirror cabs in CF and MAYBE the rear spoiler in CF as well..

i'm just not doing it all at once. I like the glossy finish and I wanted to make sure the CF parts end up matching
Appreciate 0