BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-02-2018, 12:18 PM   #1
dturn37
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Stock 1M leather seats

Hey guys, so I recently upgraded my stock 1M seats with the recaro sportster cs's and have my stock seats sitting in my garage at the moment. I have to move garages in the next month and have no room anywhere for these seats. I really don't want to sell them but might have to. Is there a market for our 1M electric stock seats? Never really seen any for sale but I'm sure everyone is keeping all the oem parts if they decide to sell. Just trying to get an idea what they are worth if I have to go with plan C and sell them. Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dturn37 View Post
Hey guys, so I recently upgraded my stock 1M seats with the recaro sportster cs's and have my stock seats sitting in my garage at the moment. I have to move garages in the next month and have no room anywhere for these seats. I really don't want to sell them but might have to. Is there a market for our 1M electric stock seats? Never really seen any for sale but I'm sure everyone is keeping all the oem parts if they decide to sell. Just trying to get an idea what they are worth if I have to go with plan C and sell them. Thanks guys!
There might be of excellent condition to replace worn seats. Yes. However in the case of the 1M I would be more interested in the rarer 1M manual seats myself. Can't hurt to post them!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #3
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dturn37 View Post
There is a market for anything associated to the 1M! Lol. You can sell them easily I'm sure...so many standard 1ers running around with 1M bumpers :/

I do think you should try to keep them if you can...particularly if the rest of your car is original/stock. It's much more desirable to have a stock 1M these days and they might come in handy again! Will be hard to find original 1M seats in the future..
      08-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #4
10M3
Private
Rep
Drives: .

I would recommend keeping them. Never know what you decide to do in the future, and you will regret selling them.

Clean them up, leather condition them, wrap them up, and stick them into storage.
Appreciate 1
10"4966.00
      08-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #5
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
There might be of excellent condition to replace worn seats. Yes. However in the case of the 1M I would be more interested in the rarer 1M manual seats myself. Can't hurt to post them!
I believe that clubsport is looking for stock seats.. but indeed. full manual ones.
Appreciate 0