BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-10-2021, 11:28 AM   #1
gdrien
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman

Garage List
Post FS - like-new stainless axle-back and tips for muffler delete

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 150.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
I recently did a muffler delete on my 135i convertible, but found the drone at highway speed unacceptable. Since about 90% of my driving is highway, and it made it too annoying to have the top down on the highway, I went back to stock. I sure will miss the sweet, sweet music it made around town, however.

If you have a 135i coupe I think the drone will be tolerable on the highway.

I've listed this as "local pickup only"; I live in southern Maine and work in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, so I'm less than an hour away from many places in Massachusetts, Maine, and New Hampshire. It's possible that shipping won't be outrageously expensive on this, but I'll need to weigh it first, then price it out. My biggest shipping concern is that the brackets stick out quite a ways, and will make for a much larger (and therefore expensive) package. Listing will be updated if I think shipping will be worthwhile to someone.

This is all stainless steel, with dual exhaust tips just a little larger than stock; the effect is eye-catching, but subtle.

-Gregg-

Attached Images

Last edited by gdrien; 08-10-2021 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: Dude, what happened to my photos? :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 05:47 PM   #2
Eastendbimmer
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i

Would this work on a 128 or is the diameter different? All good if you don't know but figured I'd ask
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 07:40 PM   #3
gdrien
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastendbimmer View Post
Would this work on a 128 or is the diameter different? All good if you don't know but figured I'd ask
I don't know if they're the same diameter or not, but a more important issue is that this is intended to replace the muffler and tailpipe tips, and I'm pretty sure you can't do a "straight pipe" with a normally-aspirated engine. The turbo(s) extract so much energy from the exhaust that the volume is generally tolerable by time it's passed through the cats and resonator and thus you can get away with not having a muffler. Doing that with a non-turbo might yield a car that's deafeningly loud.
Petro135452.50
      09-03-2021, 04:30 PM   #4
gdrien
United_States
Rep

Garage List
{BUMP}