BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-17-2022, 04:44 PM   #1
Rbohn1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

CIC Idrive Delete

Hi all,

The dashboard in my 135i has a large bubble in the vinyl along the crease just above the passenger airbag, as well as a small stress crack in the plastic beneath the vinyl that runs between the center air vents and the idrive screen. These issues are huge eyesores and every attempt I've made to fix them has been unsuccessful. Therefore I am the market for a new dashboard. However, I don't like the CIC idrive system that's currently in the car. It looks dated, is pretty glitchy, and I only ever use it for Bluetooth audio which I don't need a screen for. So I'm looking to replace my current dashboard with a basic non-idrive version.

Anyways my question is, would anyone be able to provide diagrams or help me figure out a list of all the parts that would be needed to do this conversion properly? I would like to be able to retain all the factory functions that the car would have if it had come from the factory without the idrive (i.e. radio, climate control, service checks in guage cluster, etc.). Also does anyone know if this conversion would cause any problems that would require coding to fix?

I've tried searching but was only able to threads about retrofitting Idrive to a non Idrive car, but nothing very specific about deleting the Idrive. If this info is out there somewhere that I missed, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could just point me in the right direction. If not, I'm hoping this thread can become a good resource for other members who might be looking to ditch their dated idrive systems.

Last edited by Rbohn1; 02-18-2022 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 02:13 PM   #2
angelrc_1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw serie 1 e87

Do you sell the 1 series cic screen?
Appreciate 0