BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
harry89
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 128i

NEED HELP: 1M Replica Front Bumper

I think a lot of guys also put the 1M replica front bumper on your bimmer.

I got this bumper from Bavarian Autosport without fog light.

1. Where can I get the fog lights?

2. The bumper come without any install instruction, anyone know what these screw for? (I think my bumper is same as this ebay one)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-08-13-E8...3D331360425612

Thank you so much.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
TUN3D
Major
Rep
Drives: none

harry89 > I've had two of these bumpers to date. Either the hardware kit is useless or I'm the dumbest SOB walking the planet -- lol. It's most likely the latter. I've reached out to these folks as well requesting an install guide and nothing -- they don't have one.

The fogs are pretty straight forward. I ditched the shitty hardware kit though and bought better screws/bolts from AutoZone. In terms of buying the lights, try reaching out to them on e-bay. Or, I know Mod-Bargains carries the same bumper. Maybe they can give you a lead.

As far as the longer screws, brackets, and those two black plastic pieces are concerned...I never figured it out. Those plastic pieces (when you bend them at the crease) seem to line up properly on the inside wheel cover, towards the outside of the bumper. I think the intent there is to cover the opening that occurs due to the fender liners being a tad bit short. But again, I couldn't figure out exactly how the heck to install it properly. Never had any issues though.