BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-03-2018, 06:14 AM   #1
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

RSFB Tool

I understand a special tool is needed to install the RSFB. Does anyone in the greater Boston area have that tool?
I'm not going to do the job myself, - I'm looking at having an Indy shop do it - but I don't want them to have to buy the tool if I can just supply it with the bushings.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 08:36 AM   #2
asiflicious
Captain
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
I understand a special tool is needed to install the RSFB. Does anyone in the greater Boston area have that tool?
I'm not going to do the job myself, - I'm looking at having an Indy shop do it - but I don't want them to have to buy the tool if I can just supply it with the bushings.
Why do you want to supply the tool to them? That's their responsibility
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 08:55 AM   #3
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiflicious View Post
Because if they have to buy a new tool specifically for my job and my job only, they are probably going to charge me for it.

If I could buy used locally, or even borrow, that would be better than them buying a new tool that they will likely only ever use once, for which they will probably charge me (maybe they won't - I haven't asked, but I'm assuming they will - I would).
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 08:57 AM   #4
asiflicious
Captain
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
Quote:
Because if they have to buy a new tool specifically for my job and my job only, they are probably going to charge me for it.

If I could buy used locally, or even borrow, that would be better than them buying a new tool that they will likely only ever use once, for which they will probably charge me (maybe they won't - I haven't asked, but I'm assuming they will - I would).
No, they can't charge you for tools. That's fucking ridiculous. Plus there's a good chance they already have the tool. Even if they don't, it's their responsibility to get the proper tools- not yours. If they try to charge you for that tell them to go fuck themselves
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 06:48 PM   #5
gary_william
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
No, they can't charge you for tools. That's fucking ridiculous. Plus there's a good chance they already have the tool. Even if they don't, it's their responsibility to get the proper tools- not yours. If they try to charge you for that tell them to go fuck themselves
If the do charge you for the tool, make sure you get it as a deliverable when you leave, then rent it to others who need it. Like me.
Appreciate 1
Cavpilot2k1022.00