BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
Xens
Eh
Rep
Drives: Is Turbo'd

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Automobile nastiness

As some of you may know, it's been raining like hell on the west coast pretty much non-stop for the past 3 weeks, this is what it turned my car into:

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #2
Ed_330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

That aint nastiness

THIS IS NASTINESS
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97087689846900

15% tint all round
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Dude, that's nothing. My wheels are black right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
eshamas21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_330i
That aint nastiness

THIS IS NASTINESS
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97087689846900

lol... thats some major nastiness rite there!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Of course, we should give credit where credit is due. She's doing more than probably most....hmmmmm....a polite way to say this....well-fed people.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #6
Jimifighter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_330i
Like a train wreck, wanted to turn away but I just had to keep watching.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 06:27 AM   #7
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

Xens, your car doesn't look dirty? What's so nasty about it?

And seroiusly, tell ME ABOUT THE RAIN! I've hated California weather this whole month. I washed my car on Monday a few weeks ago and it starts to pour rain the day after. Bad weather.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 06:29 AM   #8
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Not all fat people are well-fed. Some have extremely low metabolism. I have friends who work out way more than I do but are bigger than me. I know kids who DONT work out and eat McDonalds all the time and are smaller than me. I love how that works out.

Anyway EWW HER STOMACH IS SO GROSS. I think it's gross when big people wear tight pants like.. the stretchyy kind.. and you can see how their huge stomach like hangs over and kinda looks like their stomach and vagina are 1 thing because they like.. go into one another. i cant really explain it but it makes the 2 things look like 1. so gross.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 07:11 AM   #9
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
.. and you can see how their huge stomach like hangs over and kinda looks like their stomach and vagina are 1 thing because they like.. go into one another. i cant really explain it but it makes the 2 things look like 1. so gross.
That is what the Spice Girls meant when they sang "Two Become One."
      01-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #10
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
That is what the Spice Girls meant when they sang "Two Become One."

Stretchy pants are your agreeable frends, while non-stretchy ones are your tough love friends who tell you the instant you gain a kilo. Just as in life, you should have more of the latter and few of the former.
      01-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #11
espo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xens
As some of you may know, it's been raining like hell on the west coast pretty much non-stop for the past 3 weeks, this is what it turned my car into:
That's is definately not nasty.... you should see what my car looked like driving from here down to philly over the holidays with all of the snow/rain/salt on the roads on the way down... My nice mystic blue car was basicly white. At least it was relatively warm in Philly (50F) when I got there. Had to get out hose at my parents and wash the car the day after I got there...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #12
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Not all fat people are well-fed. Some have extremely low metabolism. I have friends who work out way more than I do but are bigger than me. I know kids who DONT work out and eat McDonalds all the time and are smaller than me. I love how that works out.
I'm sorry, but I must disagree. Unless these people are metabolizing oxygen into fat, they are eating too much. Imagine if you could 'overfill' your car's gas tank (fuel, required for energy) - but every time you overfill it, the excess is stored in the form of adding to the exterior size of the car. Initially, the purpose would be to use that stored fuel later when the tank is empty... but what if you never let the tank get empty? And what if you overfill the tank every single time? The car would just grow and grow. This is what 99.9% of Americans are doing with their bodies.

Granted, some people do have a genetic predisposition to retain more fat and have body types that make it impossible to ever be "thin" - but that is a far cry from being obese.

Have you ever met someone who is too fat because they eat too many vegetables? Drink too much water? No. They eat fast food, they snack on junk food, they have extra helpings of potatoes with sour cream... then they go to the gym and do a push-up and wonder why they can't lose it.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #13
Compos Mentis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Arctic 330xi

Quote:
Not all fat people are well-fed. Some have extremely low metabolism. .
That's what the all say. Sorry, but I couldn't stand to read the rest of your post.
18000 miles...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #14
espo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
I'm sorry, but I must disagree. Unless these people are metabolizing oxygen into fat, they are eating too much. Imagine if you could 'overfill' your car's gas tank (fuel, required for energy) - but every time you overfill it, the excess is stored in the form of adding to the exterior size of the car. Initially, the purpose would be to use that stored fuel later when the tank is empty... but what if you never let the tank get empty? And what if you overfill the tank every single time? The car would just grow and grow. This is what 99.9% of Americans are doing with their bodies.

Granted, some people do have a genetic predisposition to retain more fat and have body types that make it impossible to ever be "thin" - but that is a far cry from being obese.

Have you ever met someone who is too fat because they eat too many vegetables? Drink too much water? No. They eat fast food, they snack on junk food, they have extra helpings of potatoes with sour cream... then they go to the gym and do a push-up and wonder why they can't lose it.
And while your at it lets just just tell alcholics (sp?) to just stop drinking!! No, we have recongized that these people need help and that there are genetic factors which lead to this kind of behaviour. Overeating and obesity is very similiar in this respect. People like this have a body that is actually "addicted" to food and if you don't eat you feel like crap!! Until we stop degrading overweight people and try to help them, this will always be a problem. We, as humans, are designed to eat as much as we can while there is food available and fast when there is not. Now the problem is that food is always available (not necessarily a true problem, but you get the idea), and most peoples bodies have no way to handle this fact. We have also moved from a labor based society to a "service" society (you no longer have to hunt for your food either!!).

Ok.. done my rant, just f**king tired of attitues like this when I have seen many people try to work though these kind of issues and failed not because they are bad people!!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #15
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo89
And while your at it lets just just tell alcholics (sp?) to just stop drinking!! No, we have recongized that these people need help and that there are genetic factors which lead to this kind of behaviour. Overeating and obesity is very similiar in this respect. People like this have a body that is actually "addicted" to food and if you don't eat you feel like crap!! Until we stop degrading overweight people and try to help them, this will always be a problem. We, as humans, are designed to eat as much as we can while there is food available and fast when there is not. Now the problem is that food is always available (not necessarily a true problem, but you get the idea), and most peoples bodies have no way to handle this fact. We have also moved from a labor based society to a "service" society (you no longer have to hunt for your food either!!).

Ok.. done my rant, just f**king tired of attitues like this when I have seen many people try to work though these kind of issues and failed not because they are bad people!!
This pandering attitude (although it makes you feel better about how kind and sensitive you are) is part of the problem. Years ago, fat people were openly ridiculed and there were fewer fat people. Ridicule is a powerful motivator - and that is all these people lack - motivation and self control.

Our society has gone straight to hell with this attitude that everything you can possibly imagine is a disorder and it's not the individual's fault. Horse shit. I'm not suggesting that fat people need be targeted and ridiculed, but neither do they deserve my pity or my help - especially at the expense of my tax dollars. If you're fat - eat less - you'll lose weight.

Also, just as a point of fact - all of our bodies are addicted to food. None of us can sustain life without food and water. People with mental addictions just need some control. Suck it up! Yeah, you'll be hungry for awhile. Get over it.

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 02:02 PM   #16
espo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This pandering attitude (although it makes you feel better about how kind and sensitive you are) is part of the problem. Years ago, fat people were openly ridiculed and there were fewer fat people. Ridicule is a powerful motivator - and that is all these people lack - motivation and self control.

Our society has gone straight to hell with this attitude that everything you can possibly imagine is a disorder and it's not the individual's fault. Horse shit. I'm not suggesting that fat people need be targeted and ridiculed, but neither do they deserve my pity or my help - especially at the expense of my tax dollars. If you're fat - eat less - you'll lose weight.

Also, just as a point of fact - all of our bodies are addicted to food. None of us can sustain life without food and water. People with mental addictions just need some control. Suck it up! Yeah, you'll be hungry for awhile. Get over it.
Yea we used to feel this way about people with mental illnesses (like depression) until we found that there is actually a physical cause for these emotions and then we were able to help people to lead normal and productive lives. Should we go back to throughing them in cages untill they "get over it"?

BTW "addictions" are clearly shown to cause true physical changes in people. If you drink coffee, try to not drink any coffee for a week and see how you feel.

This is not a pandering attitude... Pandering is telling people they have a problem, but that's OK, you don't need to get help for it. I'm advocating helping people deal with their problem, not giving them an excuss to continue in the way they are... My problem are with people we don't want to help themselves, and with people who think this is only a "mental" problem... It's not. Do a little experiment: Take the amount of food you eat in a day and cut it in HALF for a week and see how you feel.... So you will be hungry for a while... Get over it!!!

We have identified eating disorders on the side where people eat too little and tried to help these people. Why can't they just "get over it and eat"?. Why not in the other direction??

I beleive in people having to help themselves and have no pity for anyone who is not willing to. On the other hand, we need to promote the mechanisms to help these people help themselves with sound scientific advice instead of just telling them to "get over it" and thowing $150 "diet" pills at them....
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #17
kt157
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: jet black 330i

black car + rain = nasty!
i cant wait until tomorrow, when it stops raining, so i can wash my car. and once it starts raining i'll be partying/ school in NY and my car will be in the gagage
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #18
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

not true. i know someone 5'4, 140lb and is a soccer player and is healthy but not skinnyyy
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #19
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo89
Yea we used to feel this way about people with mental illnesses (like depression) until we found that there is actually a physical cause for these emotions and then we were able to help people to lead normal and productive lives. Should we go back to throughing them in cages untill they "get over it"?

BTW "addictions" are clearly shown to cause true physical changes in people. If you drink coffee, try to not drink any coffee for a week and see how you feel.

This is not a pandering attitude... Pandering is telling people they have a problem, but that's OK, you don't need to get help for it. I'm advocating helping people deal with their problem, not giving them an excuss to continue in the way they are... My problem are with people we don't want to help themselves, and with people who think this is only a "mental" problem... It's not. Do a little experiment: Take the amount of food you eat in a day and cut it in HALF for a week and see how you feel.... So you will be hungry for a while... Get over it!!!

We have identified eating disorders on the side where people eat too little and tried to help these people. Why can't they just "get over it and eat"?. Why not in the other direction??

I beleive in people having to help themselves and have no pity for anyone who is not willing to. On the other hand, we need to promote the mechanisms to help these people help themselves with sound scientific advice instead of just telling them to "get over it" and thowing $150 "diet" pills at them....
...and don't even get me started on "depressed" people. Everyone is depressed nowdays. The drug companies are making billions on depression. What they need is to have some friends and family that can support them and to realize that sometimes life is hard. No one wants that. Boo hoo.

I don't over eat, so me cutting my food intake in half is not the same as some whale doing it. Even so, I don't suggest that drastic a measure. It's like anything else - you make gradual changes and continue to increase those changes so that it becomes a different way of feeling "normal".

Designer ailments and "syndromes" are the byproduct of a society with too much free time and too much wealth. To me, and eating disorder means you have a physical problem with your esophagus or stomach - not that you don't know how much to eat.

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #20
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

My whole car is now gray/ black and the front rims are so black you cant see the roundel! lol I like her dirty sometimes lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #21
espo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
...and don't even get me started on "depressed" people. Everyone is depressed nowdays. The drug companies are making billions on depression. What they need is to have some friends and family that can support them and to realize that sometimes life is hard. No one wants that. Boo hoo.

I don't over eat, so me cutting my food intake in half is not the same as some whale doing it. Even so, I don't suggest that drastic a measure. It's like anything else - you make gradual changes and continue to increase those changes so that it becomes a different way of feeling "normal".

Designer ailments and "syndromes" are the byproduct of a society with too much free time and too much wealth. To me, and eating disorder means you have a physical problem with your esophagus or stomach - not that you don't know how much to eat.
We are obviously not going to agree about this.... I used to have a very similiar attitude as you about these things, until I met some people going through these problems... It's not easy and they were not looking for an excuss, they were just looking for help.

BTW I agree that the drug companies are trying to make out everybody as "depressed" to sell more drugs and society has too much free time and weath, but it doesn't discredit the fact that there are people who have physical conditions that lead them into the situations they are in. Do a search for scientific information on eating disorders and you will see more and more information showing this fact. In fact there is some evidence that truely obsese people lack the chemical signals that you and I have that tells us to stop eating....

Please going on thinking the way you do, you have every right to that oppinion. Just keep in mind that eventually science and society will realize these are not bad people who are making up some excuss (like so many things in the past), they have something physically wrong with them and just need honest help....
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #22
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
We'll agree to disagree then. Not that I'm so hard nosed - just taking a contrary position to your argument. I don't mean ill will toward those mentioned seeking help - self help or otherwise, and of course wish them every success. I just think telling them it's not their fault isn't the right way to go about it. They are not rape victims.

But, you argue well and I respect the hell out of that! Cheers!

Appreciate 0