BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
taiheung
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Performance Parts - Where to buy & best prices

I would like to open this thread up for discussion on where to buy parts and who has the best prices for Australian performance parts, both OEM and aftermarket.

Via the dealerships I have been quoted quite high prices on parts. I think it's $2,000 approx for trim and $1,600 approx for the steering wheel if I can recall. Anyone got better prices?

Dan @ United (orderbmwparts.com) can ship the exhaust for a total cost of US$1,412.00 and is currently putting together a price for the steering wheel. He obviously can't do trim for us as their cars are LHD - this is a shame as his prices would be dramatically lower than BMW's.

Discuss!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

If you intend on doing the downpipes, theres no real point to getting the BMW performance exhaust... just a FYI but it appears Dan@United is the cheapest...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Andrew@SouthernBM, what can you do for us? For some parts that we don't want to ship from the US directly due to warranty, surely you can get us better price than BMW Australia? Start with rotors for me...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
taiheung
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
If you intend on doing the downpipes, theres no real point to getting the BMW performance exhaust... just a FYI but it appears Dan@United is the cheapest...
Not that I want to stray off topic on this one - but I'd also like to keep warranty intact if possible, for as long as possible.:smile:
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 06:32 AM   #5
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

As i have always said since i came to this forum, i will always do my very best to help you all out, Dan is clearly the cheapest on the internet, my BMW suppliers in USA still can't even get that low. As a business i am subject to customs and duties so it's hard to be competitive plus i've got to make a buck. I will always be able to supply cheaper than BMW Australia retail and provide full warranty on all products, installation as well for Melbournians....(and a few from SA, i know your watching :headbang

Forget downpipes if your watching your factory warranty, (here in Australia anyway.) With BMW realising that more and more orders are being made from over seas the pressure is directed towards warranty issues, they realise there are tuning products as well on the market and are taking an interest.

The other problem we have in Australia is getting stock, BMW Australia don't have very much here at the moment in BMW Performance range.

You do have a choice though, you don't have to have your car serviced at a BMW dealer, Independents like me are able to do full Servicing and maintenance of all BMW cars.

If i can be of any help to any-one, feel free to send an email any time or pop in a chat to me about your 135i requirements.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
Timbo
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135

I'd love for you to service my car... can you move to sydney?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 05:48 AM   #7
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

I would love to Timbo, just drive down and i'll look after it for you, you wouldn't be the first from interstate but we could do a 1 addicts get together while your down and go out for tea, talk cars.....see you soon?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #8
taiheung
Private First Class
Rep

I have now had word that the exhaust will cost $2,100 fitted from a dealer I believe...... (or was it $2,300?) I think the unit will cost $1,700 something unfitted.

However! My dealer has been informed the exhaust may not be a supported modification in Australia and is currently confirming this for me. I'll know by Monday!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 03:49 AM   #9
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Wouldn't bother mate, get an exhaust shop to redo it for a quarter of the cost!!
Appreciate 0