BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-02-2006, 03:55 AM   #1
HAdi
Dodi
Rep
Drives: Audi S4 06

Ticket on New Years EVE!

First thing he said to me( YOU COMPLETLY IDIOT ) i looked at him back and i said HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Picture 1653.zip (959.6 KB, 971 views)
File Type: zip Picture 1651.zip (1.30 MB, 846 views)
File Type: zip Picture 1652.zip (1.36 MB, 776 views)

Last edited by HAdi; 01-02-2006 at 04:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 04:07 AM   #2
BeemMeUp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

What?

E90 330i / SG / Biege / Burl / ZPP / Heated Seats / Steptronic / CA / PDC / ACC / iDrive / Sirius-prep
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 04:13 AM   #3
HAdi
Dodi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemMeUp

What?
can u see the pics now?
      01-02-2006, 04:23 AM   #4
parafrog
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i BlkSaph

dude that sucks. nice car
what was the ticket for? e.g. 130kph in a 40kph zone?
he called you a complete idiot? you must have done something pretty egregious to warrant that comment.

if you weren't completely out of bounds on this (doing donuts in a school zone with a bunch of little kids around), you should have had him call his shift supervisor/sgt out to the scene and talked to him about his comments and attitude.

frog
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 04:27 AM   #5
HAdi
Dodi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parafrog
dude that sucks. nice car
what was the ticket for? e.g. 130kph in a 40kph zone?
he called you a complete idiot? you must have done something pretty egregious to warrant that comment.

if you weren't completely out of bounds on this (doing donuts in a school zone with a bunch of little kids around), you should have had him call his shift supervisor/sgt out to the scene and talked to him about his comments and attitude.

frog
well,i couldnt say much because i had few drinks and i didnt have my driver license with me sooi had to be nice and not argueing with him. i was doing 120 km/h in 50 Zone soo i am happy that he didnt towed my car,my buddy went down to him and talked to him and he didnt give me a ticket for not having a driver license but he gave me a ticket for speeding which is 350 dollars,,its not too bad for that speed,,but he cant prove it bcus he just guessed what my speed was,,soo ia m taking it to the court to fight it!
      01-02-2006, 04:33 AM   #6
BeemMeUp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Wow...sounds like you got off real easy. The Cop must have been new or had other things on his mind. He could have really nailed it to you. If he didn't have radar, I'd fight it too... Good Luck

E90 330i / SG / Biege / Burl / ZPP / Heated Seats / Steptronic / CA / PDC / ACC / iDrive / Sirius-prep
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 05:08 AM   #7
Curt3s
In your rear view mirror making funny faces.
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
how the hell did that cop let your friend take those pix? Bizarre.

'06 325i - Premium - Sport - iDrive Navigation - Bluetooth Cradle - Sparkling Graphite - Grey Interior - Aluminum Trim (GT4 330 Pictured)

"And with the amount of power he has in that BMW he is just leaving them behind right now."
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 05:10 AM   #8
HAdi
Dodi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt3s
how the hell did that cop let your friend take those pix? Bizarre.
Its Free country My friend!
      01-02-2006, 05:15 AM   #9
parafrog
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i BlkSaph

yeah, i would say you were lucky too. his comment was uncalled for, but he seemed pretty reasonable otherwise. did he actually tell you that he didn't use radar? maybe he was pacing you? was his vehicle calibrated? some states/countries can use this mehtod to accurately gauge your speed. not sure about your locale.

here's the deal, you might have a case but be advised the judge will side with the officer almost every time unless there is something completely out of whack. he could say that he had you on radar, even if he didn't. the judge will take his word.

he could also say "look your honor, he was excessively speeding without having his licence. i didn't ticket him for that or have his car towed. i cut him a break and just gave him a speeding ticket."

if this is the case, dude you have no chance. i wouldn't even waste my time by going to court. he could have done a field sobriety test on you (you had a couple of drinks) and you might have ended up in jail.

LE officers are given a lot of discretion to work with, i think you got off easy. let it go and have a happy new year, minus the cash of course. just my humble opinion.

have a good one.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 05:25 AM   #10
HAdi
Dodi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parafrog
yeah, i would say you were lucky too. his comment was uncalled for, but he seemed pretty reasonable otherwise. did he actually tell you that he didn't use radar? maybe he was pacing you? was his vehicle calibrated? some states/countries can use this mehtod to accurately gauge your speed. not sure about your locale.

here's the deal, you might have a case but be advised the judge will side with the officer almost every time unless there is something completely out of whack. he could say that he had you on radar, even if he didn't. the judge will take his word.

he could also say "look your honor, he was excessively speeding without having his licence. i didn't ticket him for that or have his car towed. i cut him a break and just gave him a speeding ticket."

if this is the case, dude you have no chance. i wouldn't even waste my time by going to court. he could have done a field sobriety test on you (you had a couple of drinks) and you might have ended up in jail.

LE officers are given a lot of discretion to work with, i think you got off easy. let it go and have a happy new year, minus the cash of course. just my humble opinion.

have a good one.
well he asked me how fast i was going? so i assumed that he doesnt know.and the other thing i was going down in hill so he probably just saw me driving by or something ,,the other thing in my city if you go double the speed you have to appear on the court for it,,and i had one before like that,,but this case i think he cant really prove it.i am taking it to my lawyer tomorrow bcus i dont want any demirts,i have enough,the drinking part is he asked me if i had any drinks and i said no,so he passed on it,,i was smiling at him and confident so he thought i was saying the truth.
      01-02-2006, 05:47 AM   #11
ZenDriver
Do Not Taunt Zen Driver.
Rep
Drives: 325i w/ MT, ZSP in Graphite

So, let me get this correct:

- You were driving over DOUBLE the speed limt.
- You had "Had a few drinks."
- You were too thick to remember your license.

It sounds like you ARE, in point of fact, an idiot and it also sounds like you got off lucky. BMW Lawman and his brothers in arms here in Oregon would have hooked you up with a set of cuffs, towed your car and hauled your dumbass in front of a judge.

As far as the asking you how fast you were going; in the US, cops ask that as a litmus test to see just how bug of a gaping asshole you are. People who answer honestly score some points in the officers eyes while the vast majority lie. Police officers do not like being lied to and they are also (by virtue of their job) pretty good at knowing when someone is lying his ass off. Honestly, I've been on enough ride along traffic stops to tell you that the only thing that matters when talking to a police officer is your attitude and honesty; he knows the answer to every bullshit question he is going to ask you.

The only exception to this rule is the "Have you been drinking?" question. I don't drink and drive, so I rarely ask officers about this situation, but I know the general policy is that anyone who answers "Yes" to that question gets hauled in immediatly. Generally, if you are drunk, your screwed anyhow because officer discression goes out the window; so just always answer a flat out "No" to that question.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 06:03 AM   #12
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenDriver
BMW Lawman and his brothers in arms here in Oregon would have hooked you up with a set of cuffs, towed your car and hauled your dumbass in front of a judge.
LMAO

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 06:06 AM   #13
HAdi
Dodi
Rep

Quote:
So, let me get this correct:

- You were driving over DOUBLE the speed limt.
- You had "Had a few drinks."
- You were too thick to remember your license.

It sounds like you ARE, in point of fact, an idiot and it also sounds like you got off lucky. BMW Lawman and his brothers in arms here in Oregon would have hooked you up with a set of cuffs, towed your car and hauled your dumbass in front of a judge.

As far as the asking you how fast you were going; in the US, cops ask that as a litmus test to see just how bug of a gaping asshole you are. People who answer honestly score some points in the officers eyes while the vast majority lie. Police officers do not like being lied to and they are also (by virtue of their job) pretty good at knowing when someone is lying his ass off. Honestly, I've been on enough ride along traffic stops to tell you that the only thing that matters when talking to a police officer is your attitude and honesty; he knows the answer to every bullshit question he is going to ask you.

The only exception to this rule is the "Have you been drinking?" question. I don't drink and drive, so I rarely ask officers about this situation, but I know the general policy is that anyone who answers "Yes" to that question gets hauled in immediatly. Generally, if you are drunk, your screwed anyhow because officer discression goes out the window; so just always answer a flat out "No" to that question.
first i am in canada.second i wasnt drunk but i had couple a drinks,third it was a new years ,fourth i was nice and polite with him,fifth i wasnt too thick to forget my license but i did lost it in that day and i had to pay double prices to get into bars bcus i didnt have any other ID with pic avaliabe in that day,sixth i am not an idiot bcus i know usually where i speed but that was just unlucky time,last i had fun and i slept with a beautiful lady that made me forget about the whole world.lol
      01-02-2006, 06:18 AM   #14
ZenDriver
Do Not Taunt Zen Driver.
Rep
Drives: 325i w/ MT, ZSP in Graphite

Quote:
first i am in canada
Most Canadian traffic law is interchangable with American traffic law. And the last time I checked, speeding and drunk driving were both illegal in Canada, eh?

Quote:
second i wasnt drunk but i had couple a drinks
Hey, can you tell me the legal limit BAC for driving double the speed limit? I forgot.

Quote:
third it was a new years
Absolutely irrelevant.

Actually no, it isn't. A greater number of people die in alcohol related traffic accidents on NYE then on a typical weekend night. Police forces are usually more dilligent in weeding drunks off the road on major holiday nights.

Quote:
fourth i was nice and polite with him
You want a medal for being nice to a sworn Law Enforcement Offier? I am sure he apprecaited that, but you still broke the law and your spoiled brat, piss poor attitude probably crept through your "Mr Polite" facade like a xenon light behind cheesecloth.

Quote:
fifth i wasnt too thick to forget my license but i did lost it in that day and i had to pay double prices to get into bars bcus i didnt have any other ID with pic avaliabe in that day
Ohh, your right, you aren't an idiot because you forgot it, you LOST it. And I like how bars will let you in at double the price if you don't have ID. Sounds like they run a snair drum of a ship.

Quote:
sixth i am not an idiot bcus i know usually where i speed but that was just unlucky time,
You got caught. Doing double the speed limit. Sounds idiotic to me.

And what is with your inability to spell out 'because?' Is your time SO valuable that omitting those xtr cpl of lttrs s wrth lokin lik 'n idt?

Quote:
last i had fun and i slept with a beautiful lady that made me forget about the whole world
Right. Because the purpose of the entire existance of society is to insure that you get some hot pussy. That's what it's all about...

You need an attitude adjustment and it would probably help if you increased your situational awareness to something above that of a pet rock.

P.S.

You are also an idiot for having used compressed files to attach a god damn set of utterly useless pictures to this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #15
HAdi
Dodi
Rep

Quote:
Most Canadian traffic law is interchangable with American traffic law. And the last time I checked, speeding and drunk driving were both illegal in Canada, eh?

Hey, can you tell me the legal limit BAC for driving double the speed limit? I forgot.

Absolutely irrelevant.

Actually no, it isn't. A greater number of people die in alcohol related traffic accidents on NYE then on a typical weekend night. Police forces are usually more dilligent in weeding drunks off the road on major holiday nights.

You want a medal for being nice to a sworn Law Enforcement Offier? I am sure he apprecaited that, but you still broke the law and your spoiled brat, piss poor attitude probably crept through your "Mr Polite" facade like a xenon light behind cheesecloth.

Ohh, your right, you aren't an idiot because you forgot it, you LOST it. And I like how bars will let you in at double the price if you don't have ID. Sounds like they run a snair drum of a ship.

You got caught. Doing double the speed limit. Sounds idiotic to me.

And what is with your inability to spell out 'because?' Is your time SO valuable that omitting those xtr cpl of lttrs s wrth lokin lik 'n idt?

Right. Because the purpose of the entire existance of society is to insure that you get some hot pussy. That's what it's all about...

You need an attitude adjustment and it would probably help if you increased your situational awareness to something above that of a pet rock.

P.S.

You are also an idiot for having used compressed files to attach a god damn set of utterly useless pictures to this thread.
lol i luv u man.
      01-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #16
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

Quote:
LOL
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 06:25 AM   #17
HAdi
Dodi
Rep

Pics were too big thoo,and my camera wouldnt let me to adjust the size..
      01-02-2006, 06:33 AM   #18
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

I am not going to tell you my thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 07:09 AM   #19
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAdi
first i am in canada.second i wasnt drunk but i had couple a drinks,third it was a new years ,fourth i was nice and polite with him,fifth i wasnt too thick to forget my license but i did lost it in that day and i had to pay double prices to get into bars bcus i didnt have any other ID with pic avaliabe in that day,sixth i am not an idiot bcus i know usually where i speed but that was just unlucky time,last i had fun and i slept with a beautiful lady that made me forget about the whole world.lol
Dude, you need to give it up. You are in fact an idiot. ZenDriver is fully authorized to identify idiots on the forum (an all too busy job, I'm afraid) and he has spotted a winner.

Consider yourself lucky not to have gotten into real trouble and take some responsibility.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 07:21 AM   #20
HAdi
Dodi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
Dude, you need to give it up. You are in fact an idiot. ZenDriver is fully authorized to identify idiots on the forum (an all too busy job, I'm afraid) and he has spotted a winner.

Consider yourself lucky not to have gotten into real trouble and take some responsibility.
sure i will and thanks for the advise.
      01-02-2006, 07:23 AM   #21
greenscape
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330I

Hey, I don't care what kind of Cop you are. No Police officer has the right to call you a Complete Idiot. Its not within his boundries. He can write you up, send you to jail whatever.. But passing judgement in that matter is wrong. I would mention that to the judge...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 07:28 AM   #22
HAdi
Dodi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenscape
Hey, I don't care what kind of Cop you are. No Police officer has the right to call you a Complete Idiot. Its not within his boundries. He can write you up, send you to jail whatever.. But passing judgement in that matter is wrong. I would mention that to the judge...
i knew this but as i said i couldnt say much bcus its my fault and it wasnt a good time to argue about it.but i will mention that for sure.