BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
BSM 135i
Colonel
BSM 135i's Avatar
No_Country
153
Rep
2,229
Posts

Drives: 08' BSM E82
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (23)

Send a message via AIM to BSM 135i
Question "Display of Plates" Parking Violation

so i was getting dinner last night at Pinks in Hollywood and when i got back to my car i had a parking ticket for "Display of Plates, No Plate On Front Bumper" now my question is do i just pay the $25 and that's it or am i going to have to put on my front plate and have it signed off like if i got a ticket from a cop?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
BSM 135i
Colonel
BSM 135i's Avatar
No_Country
153
Rep
2,229
Posts

Drives: 08' BSM E82
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (23)

Send a message via AIM to BSM 135i
it wasn't a police officer that gave me the ticket. it was one of those parking ticket rent-a-cops.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
White1
Private First Class
White1's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
196
Posts

Drives: 08 128i AW/Prem/PremAudio
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Regina/Sk/Ca

iTrader: (1)

Go to an office supply store, buy some sticky tack, to hold your plate in place, and get the ticket signed off, then just pull it off, and no crappy holes to ruin you Bimmer.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
gtaday51
gone but not forgotten
gtaday51's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
986
Posts

Drives: gone 135 - Hello 1M!
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Big Apple

iTrader: (0)

Wait your from Cali. Didn't the car come with the front plate mounted? Just put it back in those holes.
__________________
Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration don't fail me now.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
Snowball
monokuro boo
Snowball's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
116
Posts

Drives: 135i AW
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the peeve

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Snowball
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaday51 View Post
Wait your from Cali. Didn't the car come with the front plate mounted? Just put it back in those holes.
mine is from cali no holes... lol

are they allowed to even do that? give a ticket to a parked car?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
1013mm
aka 1013MM
1013mm's Avatar
Hong Kong
852
Rep
9,548
Posts

Drives: pokingly flush
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles / HK

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2009 135i  [4.13]
Send a message via AIM to 1013mm Send a message via MSN to 1013mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaday51 View Post
Wait your from Cali. Didn't the car come with the front plate mounted? Just put it back in those holes.
You can request the dealer not to drill...


Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_Snowball View Post
mine is from cali no holes... lol

are they allowed to even do that? give a ticket to a parked car?
yes
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 06:06 AM   #7
Robert
Major General
281
Rep
6,950
Posts

Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

expensive pinks
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #8
gtaday51
gone but not forgotten
gtaday51's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
986
Posts

Drives: gone 135 - Hello 1M!
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Big Apple

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
You can request the dealer not to drill...




yes
I hate you guys. Here in NY they just drilled away. I hate this state sometimes...
__________________
Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration don't fail me now.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
singular
Captain
singular's Avatar
14
Rep
935
Posts

Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

I recently read that the cost of fix-it tickets is going up in Cali and that enforcement is likely to increase given the economy.

The dealership I bought mine at gave me the option and actually had me sign a legal-looking document indicating my decision about mounting a front plate. Since my 1er is my DD and I don't want the hassle of being picked out by the cops, I caved and had a frame installed in the front.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
100
Rep
1,542
Posts

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Yes you will have to affix the lic. plate to the car to get signed off on your ticket. Go to gominigo.com, and buy one of the No Holes Lic. Plate Brackets, $50. Here in LA, it's the only way to go.

With the police forces trying to wring more money out of folks for any infraction, you are best to try and protect yourself by not giving the cops anything to ticket. Just the other day a buddy as driving back from lunch to the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank. Along Riverside Dr. he saw 12 Burbank motorcycle cops waiting to ticket people for not stopping for peds in the crosswalks between Pass Ave. and Hollywod way. That's about an eighth of a mile stretch, 12 cops...wow!!!

I personally don't want, nor do I need a cop pulling me over for some BS fix it ticket. So, I bit the bullet and got the no holes bracket. Both my g/f and I have them on our cars. If you want to see pics, lemme know, I can post them in this thread.

edit: What were you doing @ pinks? That place sucks! The real reason you got the ticket is for poor food choices, reread the ticket.

CUPIDS FTW!!!!!
__________________

Last edited by xbook; 03-08-2009 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: cuz pinks sucks...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #11
BSM 135i
Colonel
BSM 135i's Avatar
No_Country
153
Rep
2,229
Posts

Drives: 08' BSM E82
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (23)

Send a message via AIM to BSM 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by singular View Post
I recently read that the cost of fix-it tickets is going up in Cali and that enforcement is likely to increase given the economy.
yea, on the bottom of my ticket it says, "Citation Increased $3.00 By The State"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Yes you will have to affix the lic. plate to the car to get signed off on your ticket. Go to gominigo.com, and buy one of the No Holes Lic. Plate Brackets, $50. Here in LA, it's the only way to go.

With the police forces trying to wring more money out of folks for any infraction, you are best to try and protect yourself by not giving the cops anything to ticket. Just the other day a buddy as driving back from lunch to the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank. Along Riverside Dr. he saw 12 Burbank motorcycle cops waiting to ticket people for not stopping for peds in the crosswalks between Pass Ave. and Hollywod way. That's about an eighth of a mile stretch, 12 cops...wow!!!

I personally don't want, nor do I need a cop pulling me over for some BS fix it ticket. So, I bit the bullet and got the no holes bracket. Both my g/f and I have them on our cars. If you want to see pics, lemme know, I can post them in this thread.

edit: What were you doing @ pinks? That place sucks! The real reason you got the ticket is for poor food choices, reread the ticket.

CUPIDS FTW!!!!!
DAMN! this sucks because i'm living back home now about 2 1/2 hrs away from L.A. and if i really have to get it signed off i'm going to be pissed!!

i was at pinks because my girlfriend has never had it and wanted to try it. is Cupids really that good??? when i was living in Northridge i always passed by one off Nordhoff and wanted to try it but never did.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
infinitekidM2C
Brigadier General
infinitekidM2C's Avatar
United_States
1651
Rep
4,992
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
for a parking ticket u just pay the fine..ive done it before....
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #13
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
23
Rep
768
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2008

iTrader: (0)

Is it a city issued ticket? Or a privately issued ticket? If it is private, just ignore it, they cannot enforce those. The only thing they can do it tow your car if you have 4+ outstanding violations.
__________________
135i, Alpine White, Taupe Leatherette, iPod USB adaptor, 6MT

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
BSM 135i
Colonel
BSM 135i's Avatar
No_Country
153
Rep
2,229
Posts

Drives: 08' BSM E82
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (23)

Send a message via AIM to BSM 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
for a parking ticket u just pay the fine..ive done it before....
just the answer i was looking for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
Is it a city issued ticket? Or a privately issued ticket? If it is private, just ignore it, they cannot enforce those. The only thing they can do it tow your car if you have 4+ outstanding violations.
it was a city issued ticket from one of those parking officers that drive those hybrid civics around giving parking tickets for parking in a non-parking zone NOT an actual police officer.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 04:24 AM   #15
Caduceus
First Lieutenant
Australia
175
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: 2008 135 (sold), 2017 M2
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Parking pigs

Seems odd that the parking pigs have the authority to issue an infringement notice for a non-parking violation. What else can they fine you for? Noise? Emissions? WTF?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #16
HachiNi
my other car is a hachiroku
HachiNi's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: 135i AW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

I've had these before. You can either just pay it, or put it on, bring it to a police officer, have them sign it off, then pay for the $10 processing fee (last time i checked it was $10)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #17
Peerless135
Private First Class
1
Rep
168
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Jun 2008

iTrader: (0)

Same thing happened to me when my car was parked at night near SOMA! Stupid DPT i had a friend of mine sign it off from another county and paid the $10 processing fee.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #18
BSM 135i
Colonel
BSM 135i's Avatar
No_Country
153
Rep
2,229
Posts

Drives: 08' BSM E82
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (23)

Send a message via AIM to BSM 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiNi View Post
I've had these before. You can either just pay it, or put it on, bring it to a police officer, have them sign it off, then pay for the $10 processing fee (last time i checked it was $10)
i most likely just going to pay the $25 fine since i'm 2 1/2 hrs away from L.A. unless the quote below this is true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerless135 View Post
Same thing happened to me when my car was parked at night near SOMA! Stupid DPT i had a friend of mine sign it off from another county and paid the $10 processing fee.
i can get it signed off by a police in another county? if so then do i just show them the ticket and tell them it's from L.A.?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #19
bimmergirl84
My ride: J Tyler
bimmergirl84's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

My buddy got pulled over for not having front plates and got a fix-it ticket. The officer said you can get it signed off for free at any CHP, and the county doesn't matter. Then there's a transaction fee you have to pay when you take the "proof of correction" to the court written on the front.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST