BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-29-2013, 01:41 AM   #67
treat123dc
Registered
2
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 123d stock
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHS130 View Post
BSM 130i here and I've had mine for almost 4 months too
If you'd like, PM me and I can get you onto the 1addicts 130i facebook group
hello, I am a 130i owner and am trying to connect with others.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 02:59 AM   #68
xcharles1
New Member
4
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treat123dc View Post
hello, I am a 130i owner and am trying to connect with others.
Hi there, treat123dc. I take it you've owned a 123d - how's the transition to the 130i?

(also, where are you located?)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 03:15 AM   #69
po130i
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2007 130i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasperated View Post
Anyone keen for a drive in Sydney?
Hey! First post on here... Picking up my 130i tomorrow morning in Melbourne and then driving it back up here to Sydney...

I'd be up for a burn some time...

Thanks everyone on here for guidance on mods etc.

Any tips on best value replacement bulbs to get for the angel eyes? Is it an H8 bulb with LED?

Last edited by po130i; 08-04-2013 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: add a question
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 03:44 AM   #70
kmli5
Private First Class
kmli5's Avatar
Australia
7
Rep
181
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by po130i View Post
Hey! First post on here... Picking up my 130i tomorrow morning in Melbourne and then driving it back up here to Sydney...

I'd be up for a burn some time...

Thanks everyone on here for guidance on mods etc.

Any tips on best value replacement bulbs to get for the angel eyes? Is it an H8 bulb with LED?
It is not a H8.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200581529...84.m1423.l2649
__________________
2008 BMW M3 | 6MT | OEM Exhaust Mod | Black Grilles |
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #71
Curare86
Captain
23
Rep
625
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: perth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by po130i View Post
Hey! First post on here... Picking up my 130i tomorrow morning in Melbourne and then driving it back up here to Sydney...

I'd be up for a burn some time...

Thanks everyone on here for guidance on mods etc.

Any tips on best value replacement bulbs to get for the angel eyes? Is it an H8 bulb with LED?
Lux are probably the most popular. V4 recently came out
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #72
arthurtwp
Second Lieutenant
arthurtwp's Avatar
Australia
31
Rep
269
Posts

Drives: 2012 1 Series M
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Perth, Australia

iTrader: (0)

heyo!

heyo am in Perth. jus picked up a 2007 e87 130i from over east )) loving the car.

its got a few dents and chips and imperfections in it that I will hopefully get sorted in a year or so.. then the real fun begins!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #73
Nugget
Colonel
Nugget's Avatar
Australia
361
Rep
2,512
Posts

Drives: 2017 M140i, 1994 M3, 1997 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurtwp View Post
heyo am in Perth. jus picked up a 2007 e87 130i from over east )) loving the car.

its got a few dents and chips and imperfections in it that I will hopefully get sorted in a year or so.. then the real fun begins!
Congrats mate, they are a great car.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #74
Tassy130i
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: LeMans Blue 2007 130i M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hobart, Tasmania

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
New owner down in the Apple Isle

Hi all,

New to the Forum, and 130i's.

I am picking my new (to me) LeMans Blue 2007 130i M-Sport up from Sydney next week, and do the roadtrip back to Tassie over 4 days, around the coast roads.

i dont think that there are many 130i's down here in Tassie.

Looking forward to reading about everyones antics, and getting some handy hints and advice about this awesome car.

Cheers

Simon
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #75
marioi
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW E87 130i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

iTrader: (0)

Hi all,

I recently got a 2006 130i M-Sport here in São Paulo, Brazil.

I am also interested in getting to know better about suspension/handling mods.

Do we still have many 130i owners in here?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #76
flinchy
Brigadier General
97
Rep
3,080
Posts

Drives: 130i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: QLD, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioi View Post
Hi all,

I recently got a 2006 130i M-Sport here in São Paulo, Brazil.

I am also interested in getting to know better about suspension/handling mods.

Do we still have many 130i owners in here?
this is the australian section.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #77
Zed_130i
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: BMW 130i
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Sydney

Hi all
picked up a 2006 130i M-sport in Graphite couple of weeks ago
loving it so far, would love to catch up with more 130i owners and learn more
thanks
Zed
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 01:07 AM   #78
Cam 130i
New Member
3
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: BMW E87130i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

Happy 130i owner here! Purchased new in 2006 as daily driver, Have not done a lot of changes except, No run flats! 8 inch front rims and 8.5 rears with 225/40 and 255/35 x 18's. 135i brake upgrade front and rear, BMW performance exhaust & K&N filter.
Most importantly 8 years of near trouble free motoring. The last of the breed (N/A 3.0L Six)
Still enjoying the ownership
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #79
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
53
Rep
747
Posts

Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne, AU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [2.62]
https://www.facebook.com/groups/130iOwners/
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 03:25 AM   #80
loco
Private
1
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: Grey 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (1)

I'm going to look tomorrow at a 130i with 100000 on the clock. the owners are asking too much but I know I can get them down. Positives they say are new rotors,pads,tyres and suspension and it has just had the 100000 major service. Now I'm not sure what new suspension means but no doubt i'll find out. One question I have is 100000 a major service interval and big dollars at BMW?
From what I can gather here, there's not much to be done about increasing power in this engine but Burger Tuning offer the BMS Power Box for the non turbo N52.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #81
nasperated
Enlisted Member
nasperated's Avatar
Australia
6
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: 2011 e84 xDrive 23D
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Selling my 130i...

Sadly, I need a slightly larger car with a proper boot and so it's time for me to say farewell to my gorgeous 2006 130i.

Feel free to share!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...SSE-AD-2806978
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 10:26 PM   #82
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
53
Rep
747
Posts

Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne, AU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [2.62]
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
I'm going to look tomorrow at a 130i with 100000 on the clock. the owners are asking too much but I know I can get them down. Positives they say are new rotors,pads,tyres and suspension and it has just had the 100000 major service. Now I'm not sure what new suspension means but no doubt i'll find out. One question I have is 100000 a major service interval and big dollars at BMW?
From what I can gather here, there's not much to be done about increasing power in this engine but Burger Tuning offer the BMS Power Box for the non turbo N52.
Powerbox is meant to be crap. Few flash tunes around for the Euro-spec n52B30. ROI isn't there.
My 100k service cost me $600. It's all condition based servicing these days.
I'm on 140k km now without issues. If the maintenance history is there and the price is right, consider it.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 08:42 PM   #83
nwong6
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

First post here. I just picked up a tidy black on black earlier this week. Not sure how to get the bluetooth up (could be shot, it just shows two dashes above the phone icon) but seems fair otherwise. Will definitely explore an LSD in the future.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #84
1BimmerNut
Private First Class
1BimmerNut's Avatar
Australia
9
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: 135i then 130i now F20-125
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

One week in

Just got one after 135. Great thing love the straight 6 scream.
Have the opportunity to buy extended warranty. To other 130 owners are there common issues?? My car has 70kay and 07 so very tempted to get the warranty but only do 5k per year tops

Last edited by 1BimmerNut; 08-21-2014 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 02:25 AM   #85
kmli5
Private First Class
kmli5's Avatar
Australia
7
Rep
181
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BimmerNut View Post
Just got one after 135. Great thing love the straight 6 scream.
Have the opportunity to buy extended warranty. To other 130 owners are there common issues?? My car has 70kay and 07 so very tempted to get the warranty but only do 5k per year tops
How come you switch from a 135i to 130i?

They are pretty reliable. and the fixes are doable by yourself. I had mine for 2 years. Was 73k, now on 110k. only mechanical fault I had the whole time was ignition coils failed. Got new ones, put it in myself and off she go again.
__________________
2008 BMW M3 | 6MT | OEM Exhaust Mod | Black Grilles |
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 02:50 AM   #86
1BimmerNut
Private First Class
1BimmerNut's Avatar
Australia
9
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: 135i then 130i now F20-125
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Lease higher than enjoyment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmli5 View Post
How come you switch from a 135i to 130i?

They are pretty reliable. and the fixes are doable by yourself. I had mine for 2 years. Was 73k, now on 110k. only mechanical fault I had the whole time was ignition coils failed. Got new ones, put it in myself and off she go again.
With my 135 I used to drive every day but after moving near a train station the 135 was never used but the lease payments continued. Sold it and Tried to live without a car and this worked until I drove a 130 awesome. Almost a 135 but no loan
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #87
ALLSHW
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: STRAYA

iTrader: (0)

Not a 130i owner but do have an e87 m-sport in Melbourne

Usual mods
Lci darklines
Aero spoiler
BmwP exhaust
BmwP diffuser
Sound system upgrade
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #88
pat_b08
New Member
pat_b08's Avatar
2
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys!

New to the forum, purchased my Black 2005 130i about 3-4 weeks ago now. Keen to know where people are buying their mods from and to learn more about my car as I go.

This is my second BMW after having previously owned a 1996 528i and have been clawed back to this side after having a Golf GTI for the last 2 years. Excited to be back behind the wheel of a bimmer and loving the car so far!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST